Aliens

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Krusher, Apr 9, 2000.

1. Krusher Registered Senior Member

Just out of interest, who here hates all these alien conspericy theorys.

I think it is the intellegent people who keep an open mind but don't go off like some of those idiots on the other message boards.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Plato Registered Senior Member

I don't really hate them but they can be bothersome sometimes.
    I am reading a very fascinating book for the moment about how the people lived and how the culture was during the Stone Age. It shows very clearly that most of the things we believe in today find their origan in that distant past. We like to think we are so much further developped but in fact our advancements are more in quantity then in quality : we simply have accumulated more knowledge but we haven't changed in any specific way.
    The talk about Aliens and such are just the latest version of what used to be seen as the spirits of nature. It just shows how immature our species still is or how evolution never discards anything but simply puts it to a new use.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spadge Registered Senior Member

Krusher

I have to admit that I'm not quite sure what specific area your talking about so it's hard to give a proper answer.

However, if you mean to dismiss the idea that governments/intelligence agencies/NASA etc have never been involved in the study of UFOs, and have never suppressed any evidence of their existence, then I'm afraid you're on very dangerous ground and you're certainly not keeping an open mind yourself.

Some of the people that you call idiots may well have hit on a good deal more truth that you might ever be aware of. There's no need to have such a high and mighty attitude to other people's beliefs.

By the way, just for the record, I'm no conspiracy nut either.

[This message has been edited by Spadge (edited April 11, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Spadge (edited April 11, 2000).]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Hi Krusher,

"Hating" the alien conspiracy theories is perhaps a bit too strong, but there have been some that really got working on my nerves. Don't get me wrong, I find some of them very interesting to read.

Whether I believe them or not is a completely different story. There must be intelligent life out there (anybody denying that must feel real lonesome at night

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

), but I am convinced that every higher developed form of life seeks to conquer; animals conquer and mark their territories. We humans, the most advanced and developed species on earth (well, that's what we think) are not talking about colonizing other planets but about mining them and dividing the land between us (I am aware that there is an international agreement that prohibits the claiming of non-terristial land, but why does this agreement exist ? because otherwise someone would!).

If intelligent life out there actually had the possibility to get here, I am sure we would have already noticed. (to put it extremely, then we would all be saying "hail emperor Khong" to our super-dominant extraterrestial ruler).

This is perhaps not a real scientific, but more a socio-philosophical answer. I am sure some of you will disagree, claiming that such a developed civilization must have rules like "don't conquer planets". But as Plato said it already: In the past 40.000 years mankind has developed only new technology, our social behaveour is still identical.

Bye!

Crisp

8. Krusher Registered Senior Member

Don't get me wrong OK.

I have come to accept that the governments of the world keep some things of this nature a secret.

I believe intellegent life may have visited earth.

But really, there is no need for all these conspiracy theories. I can think of a new one ever 5 mins.

I suppose what I really hate (no offence) is the steriotyped "Redneck" who craps on "Yeah, we'll dem liddle green guys they took me up in der flyin sauser"

I've got a really good theory about little green men but I'm not gonna crap on with it and annoy/bore you.

Krusher

9. paul defourneaux Registered Senior Member

Mr.Krusher

I tried to e-mail you direct from this site but I don't think it worked.Anyway what I said was there is nothing new under the sun.Been there done that is so true.The greeks had there aliens and abductions too.That is how we got Hercules,because Zues[alien]abducted his mother and impregnated her.Sound familiar?Anyhow if you really wish to know who and what is paying us visits go to www.urantia.org .The book can answer many questions about who and what we are in relation to the universe and all of the other inhabited worlds.We have just replaced greek mythology with mordern scientific and sci-fi explanations.Althogh there might be some credibility to some sightings,I think more than often it is the product of a very imaginative mind.One must think an alful lot of themselves to think we are alone in the cosmos.Please read the Urantia book with an open mind and there will be no more mystery.

Thanks,Paul/Machiaventa

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!