ALMA sees old galaxies before they merged. two ways to look back into the past?

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by nebel, Dec 8, 2017.

1. nebel

Write4you, while I like the pulsations that are implied in the illustration, (nothing much happens without the right vibes) it looks like a bells, and bells are ringing, the picture is misleading though, because it shows the past still existing. Additionally, would not the "arrow of time " reverse in the contracting phase, even if it stops before the final crunch? In the link, the bell's bottom plane keeps moving through time to the right.
    so yeah, if you caught a message from a contracting phase that somehow had a head start on one from the same place in the in the expanding phase, there could be a misunderstanding about sequence of events. so:
    how would that look in an expanding sphere membrane, a balloon being inflated where the the air is partially inhaled through the mouth, but mostly through the nose? one puff at a time?
    Would the universe change it's pitch (eigenschwingung) as it expands?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you are over thinking this. All wave functions travel forward in time. I see no reason to suspect what you are alluding to.

In the illustration, note the arrow of time always points forward. It just tries to demonstrate that the universe as a whole employs a dynamic wave function, which is what the DeBroglie-Bohm Pilot wave predicts.

The metaphor of "ringing like a bell" is in reference to the frequency of the wave function.
    It is a very low frequency, but an interesting part is that measurements of the wave function generated by the BB are missing the longest frequencies, which would indicate a smaller, but wavelike expanding universe. Also note that the frequency seems to be flattening as the universe expands. The illustration suggests 7 cycles since the beginning, directly after the inflationary epoch.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nebel

yes, that is the strength of this linked presentation, the universe could shrink (the diameter of the advancing disk), even to zero. In the expanding sphere, even in an oscillating size, the membrane would move back on the radius where it ca,e from.
    Imagine blue bells going off in all directions in time from a common starting point BB central.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Not likely to happen. First, the Pilot Wave would have to stop. Second, forming a sphere from highly active sub atomic particles is impossible.
    Third, the way you present it is the Balloon example, which does not require a central point of origin, it has an outer nipple which feeds the sphere.
    Fourth, what restraint or imperative would compell the universe into a closed sphere? Expansion of the universe is "wavelike", where all things "ride" the wave or the troughs, always forward in time.

IMO, time is irreversible because it doesn't exist as a true dimension. It is one of the potentials of a permittive condition, which becomes expressed only as an incidental measurement of duration, during the change. A fleeting moment of a 3D dynamical physical state.

8. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

I indeed wanted to call it a "paper", but as you can see, I managed to write "single, coherent text" instead. I understand peer-reviewed publishing isn't really a viable option for you, so perhaps a website (e.g. free blog)?

9. nebel

The seven pulsation phases you mentioned where highly suggestive to me of the process involved of inflating a balloon. with partial inhalation from the cavity, it would fit that pattern, but no resemblems in th model of a real life equivalent was intended. The universe is presently accelerating though, and that could be considered the expansion phase of the bell, not a permanent trend.

thoughts that I have to explore, but in the expanding sphere model, which, as I now discover, as I give the bell more thought, is more restrictive than the bell. time is a dimension. the movement through it is the duration. and yes, our presence in time, the now is a fleeting moment of zero length, always depending on being invited to participate in the move onward to the future.

Writing4you said. :-- 1)the pilot wave would have to stop--.,
    no, when you consider an ocean wave, small or great, you see that it rotating energy, preceded by a movement against the advancing front.( A pain to paddle against on the way out). so, that the contracting phase , bell or sphere could be construed to be that, the passing of the vibe., the bottom of the wave. interesting. There is a related thread her, model to toy with, pebble in the pond universe.

10. nebel

well, I am getting kind of a peer review now, although many would strongly object to the term "peer" in the context. imagine having your patent application examined at the turn of the previous century in Berne?

11. nebel

That is the strength of the concept, This shows the universe contracting periodically in size at a low frequency, a smaller size in the distant past would probably have resulted in a higher frequency then, now erased from the signal coming from the past. Are there any data that show such contractions have taken place?, that the smooth spiral path of a message through the expanding universe followed a wavy, rather the shortest route ?
    The comparison to an ocean wave was wrong, if the universe contracted as the illustration shows, it was a compression wave, similar to acoustics.

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

As I understand it, the background noise of the BB is in fact missing the lowest frequencies, which suggests an original relatively small causality.
    But the (probability) "wave function" seems to be a universal phenomenon and might possibly represent one of Bohm's "hidden variables".

13. nebel

Are these missing frequency low because they too have stretched a thousandfold like the radio waves that wew once beyond the x ray energy? because with smaller size of the "bell" one would expect a higher tone. or?
    If this is correct, the expanding sphere model should be pulsating too.

14. nebel

According to the Expanding Sphere Membrane model in infinite time, what would the first seconds of the universe have looked like?
    expanding 1 second in the radius, would have created a circumference great circle of a distance traversable in 6 easy steps by an symbolic timeonaut. If the speed limit is 300 000 km/sec, the universe could not have been much more than 2 000 000 km across in a great circle, if made from radiation.
    It has been adding 10 million kms to it's size while you read this line. If it expanded at the speed of light! --but it did not, because we would not see anything looking out, back into past of the then smaller membrane.
    The rate of expansion of the ESM universe was at billion times faster in the beginning, as it was today.

15. nebel

In the example of the first seconds of the universe, above, expanding sphere model in infinite time, geometrically for every second duration in the radius, through which the membrane had expanded, ~ 6 seconds worth of duration in travel were created on the membrane. (pictured by the steps of the "timeonaut." With supposedly infinite time everywhere, in whatever direction, time could be marked off in the radius and as well the perimeter. great circle. circle caliper like. I second step at a time. Applying a distance value to it via the d/t velocity equation would give you the spatial dimension,
    The time of the expansion at "c" is long gone. Do we really need expansion faster than "c" to get the present universe? The model does not rule it out.
    Treating duration as a dimension. measurable in increments, converted to spatial length by velocity, now not to exceed "c".
    PS: The universe in the model, doubled in size every one of the first 2 seconds. it adds now only 2 million km per second, 5 times the distance to the moon.

well, I can not create time, but I can measure with it. If time is infinite, it does not need to be created. Unless the universe created itself, or even if it did, it still would have needed time to have the right condition in.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

The net result of this wave function is still "expansion". But stretching a wave function actually lowers its tone. Thus, if anything, longer wavelengths should be present, but still seems to be missing from measurment of the background noise of the BB.
    Actually that is the foundation of string theory, oscillation.
    https://www.britannica.com/science/string-theory

17. nebel

As an only demonstration I can think off, is that time became part of spacetime at the BB. The BB itself is thought to have been triggered and fueled by the fluctuating virtual content of the nothingsic, (writing4you's "condition"). given that, any warping of spacetime would entail a warping of time. If time is infinite, and gravity as one of the warpers acts in the model membrane as in wirklichkeit (reality, our universe), then time, and nothingness has an attracting component pointing our way from the future.
    In the model, the pre-BB condition is still around us, and the membrane universe would not only be pushed by the centrifugal force of kinetic energy inside the membrane, but sucked into the future by the gravity gradient projected only outwardly. not a Dyson sphere, but a Hoover sphere.

18. nebel

thank you, I did not want to get to the universality of vibration, my favoured one being 300 secs., and the seven amplitudes shown in the lead illustration would have only tenuous links to the curled and vibrating strings, but one never knows, I am pointing with a very large brush in the membrane moving through infinite time.

19. NotEinstein Valued Senior Member

Just a couple of minor remarks:
    - How can you be sure there's not some unknown mechanism (unrelated to gravity) that made time part of spacetime? Because coupling/merging dimensions together is not a feat mainstream science's gravity can do.
    - Technically, in the theory of general relativity, gravity doesn't warp spacetime; gravity is the warping of spacetime. So be careful with the wording when you are talking about mainstream science's gravity along those lines.

20. nebel

My simple geometric model does not go so far as to describe mechanism at work at the beginning of the universe, or now. It just assumes that there was always time, and what authors have described as the condition, or "content" of nothingsic. , the void.
    The nascent BB arrangement of energy, matter, governed by law and occupying space started to experience duration as it commenced to expand growing into the 1st dimension. Illustrated as a stitching or braising or rope-like splicing into the fabric of time. Time now had, from that starting point a temporary spatial content, because the intertwining would be short lived, of zero length. Perhaps going back to Bern, the secure engagement of a rack and pinion, cog railway might be a another illustration how stationary time meshes with the moving structure. Not like the San Francisco streetcars, where the the cable (time) would be moving, and the car latching on for the ride.
    Can we imagine what happens when dimensions meet, like the pressure point of a locomotive's wheels on the rail? Another illustration with feeling would be a longboard surfer's experience, being at one with the wave, perhaps even inside the pipeline curl, slicing for a brief time through the stationary water.
    Matter and Energy influence spacetime, the 3 space dimension according to the orientation, could gravity affect time while it is still outside space? The square over distance low has gravity acting to infinity. Seeing that the model calls for finite space, but infinite time, could that 1st dimension alone be so affected?
    Could there be another binding agent, mechanism with easy release bond that ties the dimensions together you queried about? It will be a great day if and when we find out.
    I suspect this would be most apparent at the smallest level, given that both at the atomic and astronomical level, the universe is mostly space, empty 3 dimensions.
    It would have been impossible for the 3 dimension to expand without taking up time. ( the curved 2 Ds in the model). There is plenty more time in the future to take up, when the time comes. .

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I don't see a vast condition of infinite time. I see it as a model of the Hilbert Hotel, where the hotel is full but always allows for additional rooms, which have not yet been expressed in physical existence, IOW, time is a unmeasurable potential of an unmeasurable permittive condition.
    When an event occurs, a duration line is created, a time line of the event. Time is a result of change, within our universe, including the beginning, but unmeasurable beyond the boundaries of our spacetime. Can't measure something that was before there was anything in our reality, our own physical expression of universally permitted potentials

22. nebel

A very reasonable approach, Where I am looking at is is the space, ie time available to do that adding, like the building of a beehive, a wasps nest.
    I can see each actor in the renovation model havinga timecards to punch, and a flowchart for the materials being put into place. I am looking ata simpler level than that. New York hotels are more interesting than the buildings in New Amsterdam.
    My interest is the granite that the city is build on too.

23. nebel

Trying to apply this to the model, (and this idea of any effects outside the membrane came as an afterthought brought about by the comments), it would be the workings of the matter, energy, that causes gravity, the pull, warping, tension of spacetime. Since this affects space in different directions, separate dimension, why could it not affect time, as a dimension alone distinctly? Velocity, near"c" affects only one of the three space dimensions, or the matter therein, why would that not be true of the time dimension too, that then would carry the effect beyond its bond to space?

even among the known mechanism, there might be unthought of connections that tie in the 3 space dimensions into the fabric of durable time. trying to find an analogy obviously is not the technical answer needed, but helps in identifying possible links, candidates.