America Framing Syria

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Sauron Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne Registered Senior Member

I didn't imply Syria. If you think I did, then you need to read more carefully.

You think so?

Fine.

I just enumerated several very good reasons above why such an act would benefit AlQaeda. Come back when you have actual refutations and not knee-jerk responses.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

And I never implied you did I stated Syria would not of benefited from such an act .
    I think you ought to stop jumping to conclusions .
    For a group that America trumpets as the greatest threat to civilization , sure is one hell of an elusive adversary . Every individual that has been arrested since 9/11 , none has been successfully proven to be a member of Al Queda , strange as this organization according to American intelligence sources has 30,000 members . The American media has described each detainee as having ' links to ' or they were ' sympathizers ' to Al Queda but not actual members . The foreign detainees America has illegally imprisoned in Cuba , none are Al Queda but Taleban . This Al Queda which has been accused of masterminding the spectacular attacks on the US embassy in Kenya , the 9/11 attacks and the attack on a US naval ship in Yemen , yet Al Queda have never claimed responsibility for any of these attacks . Even the latest bombings in Saudi Arabia and Morocco , which the claim from the American media was that they ' bore all the hallmarks of Al Queda ' were not that these were actual Al Queda attacks likewise . The threat to America is not some bearded fanatic living in the mountains but in the white house and corporate boardrooms .
    Yeah I read them , lets see
    Jesus according to this tripe Al Qaeda must have developed a sophisticated international intelligence operation on a par with the CIA . You dont have to buy what you sell .
    Come back when you can make a credible political analysis and not some meandering tract on the fantasy global threat from Al Qaeda .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

Brian dont be so fast to judge! Sauron is new to our way of life and how we humans do things... people in middle earth always suffer from someone masterminding terrible things to happen to others.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The US would not do anything to harm Syria. That's where we outsource our torture.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/25/opinion/25herbert.html?hp

9. Sauron Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne Registered Senior Member

Well, in point of fact several of the arrestees were members of AlQaeda. Not that I approve of the unlimited detention process or the violations of civil liberties. But your claim that none were proven to be part of AlQaeda is simply not believable.

Moreover, given this administration's intent on avoiding public scrutiny and responsibility, it's hard to know when / if / how many such arrests have been made.

How silly. Whether a person claims official responsibility is certainly *not* the litmus test of whether they were, in fact, responsible. Sometimes people don't admit to things they did.

Exaggerate much, do you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Basically, your response is horseshit. All the above scenario would require is some really good strategic planning, and the ability to think through the cost/benefits of certain choices and alliances. And given that the key players in AlQaeda have been in business in the area for decades, it's certainly within the scope of their experience and resumes. No "sophisticated international intelligence operation" necessary.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But you do have to pay attention to what I said - I asked for refutations, not knee-jerk responses. You failed.

I already made such an analysis. You were unable to refute it. Instead offered up a limp excuse about needing a worldwide intelligence operation, where no such need existed.

Care to try again?

10. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Lets get off to a better start I was a little coarse in my reply . You will see that 2 weeks whence since the assasination the original Al Qaeda line has been dropped and as this UN investigation gets under way watch how this assasination will be dropped .
    UN investigative team begins Hariri death probe
    http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=7299
    But to follow up .........
    Israel Blames Syria For Tel Aviv Bombing
    http://xtramsn.co.nz/news/0,,11965-4149555,00.html
    In other words Syria is being fitted up , and I am predicting America is trying to tie it back with Iran thereby giving America a 'right of force' against Iran .

11. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

he was a syrian citizen,i saw him being interviewed and what happened to him is terrible,but international law is a strange thing and what america did would be legal.very horrible,but legal.too much power is given to the lawyers.