America viewed by me

Discussion in 'Politics' started by river, Jan 3, 2021.

1. river

America has become a simple society . It has regressed .

Compared to the period of the 1950's and 1960's and 1970's , really . They were much more about Space Exploration . Now its more about politics .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Curious layman Registered Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

Simple as meaning not able to have a meaningful discussion with another , without violence . Listen.

Only want to see , understand your own view on things . Not anothers . Steadfastly .

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

river:

It must be hard for you, never really understanding the world or the people in it.
    Space exploration in the 60s and 70s was also about politics, at least in part. NASA's funding is determined by the government of the day.

If you think for a minute that there were no politics of note in the 60s, you really don't know your history. You might like to research the civil rights movement, for example, or the Vietnam War, or the Kennedy assassination, just for starters.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you do realize the entire space race was a dick waving contest between the US and the USSR right?

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

There was also a lot more cold war pro-USA propaganda in our/their mass media...Perhaps not specifically co-ordinated propaganda but self affirmation methods employed to empower a population to cope with the paranoia surrounding cold war holocaust etc...and being a global super power with a target on it's back.

The Superman ideologue, the Batman intelligencia, the Barbie Doll genie, the hero's of Hogan, the Trek-ian idealism and all that stuff, all seemed to vanish in the last 20 years or so...
    I recall thinking when Trump became president that Superman was dead. Our mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent killed by an avalanche of fake news and social media driven conspiracy theory. That Lex Luther now rules with apparent impunity...and truth is a tool for manipulation.
    The reality of what the USA is finally being revealed in the deluded denial that seems to pour from our TV and monitor screens every day...

But this is a way too narrow focus I tell my self and true, it is easy to get caught up in the sensational activities of minorities for I have also found that the majority of people, mostly decent and caring, in the USA also have to deal with the painful loss of their fantastic, idealistic childhood dreams and I sympathize with their sometimes rude awakening to their reality...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021