An Alternative to Capitalism

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by TruthSeeker, Jul 22, 2006.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Indeed....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The IMF is sickening. They take all our money away and give it to the americans...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mountainhare Banned Banned

How do you figure that, truth?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They do! I lived there. We could invest in our education and healthcare, but they take everything!

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

Truth, you don't understand. I'm not disputing you. I'm completely ignorant of the workings of the IMF.

Can you explain how the IMF takes 'all our money away', and 'gives it to the Americans'?

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Well, you see... we have a national debt, just like the US. But contrary to the US, we actually pay our debt.

And of course, the IMF is owned by the US, and I can easily bet they stay with all the money. They did that kind of stuff when they impose dictatorship in our country, so why not now?

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Money in the form of debt goes directly from the hands of the impoverished countries to the IMF.

The head of the IMF was being interviewed. He was asked if it would not be best to just stop collecting millions per day from these poor countries. The answer of course was no. It would not be best to loose millions in income. Do you really think our donations to relief efforts and rebuilding efforts in poor countries mean shit? The amount of money we donate to them in months is donated from them to the IMF on a daily basis. Furthermore, the IMF has very strong sanctions on impoverished countries that outright do not allow them to participate in trade that would be considered in competition with big business.

The term all big businesses use for sweatshops is "economic processing zone". These are sweatshops. Economic processing zones are the poor areas where the people are pretty much in slave labor.

11. mountainhare Banned Banned

Thank your for the explaination, cool skill.

What do you propose we do to fix the problem?

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The Federal Reserve, IMF, World Bank, CIA, thousands of big business execs, and millions of day traders need to be discontinued.

This is the process that has happened many many times in many many countries:
    The CIA sabotages the economy, and installs a dictator.
    That dictator borrows money from the IMF specifically so that the country can be in debt to the IMF. (Under the impression that they will be using it to help rebuild.)
    The IMF loans the money attatching an interest on it so that the debt will never ever ever ever ever be repaid in full. As time goes forward, the interest raises the level of the debt so that the debt continues to increase.

The US alone is 8 trillion in debt. I believe that Timor was recently able to fee their country from this game, but I am not sure of the whole story.

One of the most recent is Sri Lanka. Thanks to the tusnami, the IMF will now be making even bigger amounts of money from Sri Lanka.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Exactly what I said. That's exactly what happened in Brazil...

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

????
    This happens EVERYWHERE.

16. mountainhare Banned Banned

cool skill:
    What would happen if the country merely refused to pay the extremely high interest?

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You are an idiot.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They would probably kill our president. They've done it before...

And they would probably use the old excuse of "national security" to completely destroy our economy again....

19. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

Finland/Sweden are Ideal economic types? You call losing 50% of your income to taxes Ideal? A flippin six pack costs $20! Are you on crack?

I'll take my capitalistic 20pack of budlight for $18.99 thank you very much.

Maybe we should change this topic to reflect which system is better for A) hard workers who want to control their own futures and B) people who want the government to wipe their butts.

20. mountainhare Banned Banned

Truthseeker:
    Where do you live?

And I have a hard time imagining that the U.S would be able to kill world leaders from every country that is in debt to them.

Personally, the U.S reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Finnish beer:

Currently I have a crate with 24 Koff (III) beers (0,33l each) in my possession purchased for the total sum of 15,90 Euro. That includes the restitution fee for the bottles and the crate which would make the price even lower. Moreover Koff beer tasts about 10 times better than a bud light.

15,90 Euro translates into almost exactly 20 dollars.

Now less deduct the restitution fees for the bottles and the crate.

24 x 0,15 = 3,60
    1 crate = 2,50

15,90 - 6,10 = 9,80

9,80 Euro is 12 dollars.

wait a minute? They are overcharging you for your budlight in capitalistic USA????

http://www.koff.fi/en/products/beers/koff3.html

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

The idiot is:
    YOU

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Is that in strict accordance with the rules of debate which you posted on another thread?

Baron Max