An interesting experience of thought

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I know this may end up in pseudoscience, but please hear me out. I would like anyone who studies the mind to give me input on this. Ready?

1st: My brain is a receiver. When I am around a group of people thinking the same thing I can get caught up in their togetherthinking, even if I can not observe them. Some people just think really loud and I can hear their thoughts audibly. Usually these thoughts are of either a violent or sexual nature. Why they are so loud, I don't have a clue. I can't 'make' this happen, it is passive.

2nd: My brain sends out tendrils to gather information. I have received tactile input about people and objects I can see. These tendrils are random-they tend to flop around and stick to random things. It only happens when I am semi-relaxed and generally unfocused.

3rd

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

utting our heads together, two heads are better than one, are not just pithy sayings. The electrical impulses in the brain transmit at between 400 and 420hz. If people focus on a problem or thought and allow their heads to touch they begin to togetherthink. Large groups work like alot of transmitters, generating a 'cloud' of togetherthinking.

4th:My mind is seperated into personas. 4 to be precise. One is the rescuing paladin, always charging to the rescue. One is the pragmatic scoundrel to whom the end always justifies the means. One is the quiet bookworm and sometime poet, he seldom has useful opinions though. One is the machine. Cold logic and pragmatism. We have discussions, and I have, in the past, allowed one or another to be my evidenced persona. The machine has always been the default.

What do you think? Is all this normal thinking that everyone does and just never talks about? If so, why is it never spoken of?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It's not my experience.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

Nor that of many others.

But frustrating him will increase ego and allow for even more 'abnormal' psychology and thoughts of the mis used forms of human behavior.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

what? I don't understand what you are saying, Sisyphus. If this is all abnormal, then just say so. I can handle being abnormal.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  8. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Yeah Mr. Hamtastic, you have problems. They're not problems to be proud of either.

9. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I don't understand. How are these problems?

10. scorpius a realist Valued Senior Member

Ive heard that identical twins can feel, know the thoughts, feelings of the other one,
    not sure if its true or not but suppose it could be,there is so much we dont know yet...
    maybe you somehow connect psychicaly with others,,or maybe you have something like schizophrenia that makes you hear voices,,who knows

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You're not making any more sense than he is.

12. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

He doesn't really have problems as such. He just has a somewhat non-standard way of thinking about himself and his thinking. Which, however, can be(come) a problem.

13. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

greenberg-what is a standard way of thinking about oneself and one's thinking?

14. Tnerb Banned Banned

And you are a fool, k, so stuff it.

The fact is that his ideas can become problematic given more thought to the situation.

sit on it for 3 seconds, you abusive ant destructive moron.

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

calm, sisyphus. Tell me what you mean. In simple, direct terminology. This avoids confusion.

16. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

This would take a lot to dig into. But as you've noticed, everytime those therapists or other people look askew at you, chances are, that you have stated a non-standard way of thinking about yourself and your thinking. (At least it is non-standard to those people, and as such, inefficient in communication with them.)

Around here in the so-called West, this standard seems to be something to the effect of: "People are supposed to identify with one consistent set of their feelings, perceptions, thoughts, and then keep to this set for their whole life, in all situations."
    In more formal practical terms, this can mean that you think of yourself in terms as specified in psychology textbooks as "normal personality types" or some such. For example, if by some test you are found to be "extroverted", then you are expected to behave so, and everytime you show signs of being "introverted", this is deemed "uncharacteristic" of you. And so on.
    Whereas in more everyday practical terms, being thius consistent means that you are either the proverbial "angel" or the proverbial "demon" or the proverbial "average Joe"; as long as you are one or the other, it's okay. But if you switch between the roles, then many people will say that something is wrong with you - and you yourself might think so too.

Of course, the reality is that people are usually a little bit of this and a little bit of that, depending on time, mood, circumstance. But here in the West, I think we do not have a philosophical background to meaningfully accomodate for this versatility (hence our considering this and that "abnormal", a "disorder") - unlike in the traditional East with their notions of karma. And interestingly, the traditional Easterners who work with the concept of karma, seem to be far less negatively effected by the versatility of humans, and more able to cope with it, less threatened by it than we tend to be.

17. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

so, the therapists are wrong, all of the things I experience are actually perfectly normal. I should not deny them, but seek to utilize them for fully. Thanks.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Nope. You're just hearing voices in your head, all internal.

I don't think so. Brains don't do that.

Nope. Brains don't "hook up" in serial or parallel, or any other way.

Sounds like split personalities, although I have no idea. Maybe it's just the way you want to be at certain times with certain people.

19. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Q-how very... unhelpful. How does your thought process work for you?

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Unhelpful, how? Did you really want to believe the brain works those ways?

Sorry to put a fly in your ointment.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ham, you said you were bipolar ? Are you on any meds that can cause these auditory hallucinations ?

22. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Q-Yes

Enmos-nope.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Oh, I see, you wanted me to lie to you.

You'll need to talk to Sam about that. Sorry.