Ancient Stone Tablet Found: Reveals Comet Impact

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by timojin, May 1, 2017.

1. timojin Valued Senior Member

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevor...arking-the-rise-of-civilization/#219c28727342

Stone carvings show comet hitting Earth, wiping out the Woolly Mammoths and sparking a rise in civilization.
    Scientists have translated an ancient stone tablet found at a temple in Turkey. The tablet confirms that a comet struck Earth around 11,000BC, leading to global destruction including the extinction of the woolly mammoth and the rise of new civilizations.
    The carvings were found in Gobekli Tepe in southern Turkey, the world's oldest known temple and a site for ancient observatory and worship. In fact, the temple dates back to 9,000BC, approximately 6,000 years older than Stonehenge.
    The carvings at the center of the recent scientific publication were found on a pillar known as the Vulture Stone. The carvings depict various animals corresponding to astronomical constellations. The stone also shows a swarm of comet fragments as they hit Earth and a headless man symbolizing human disaster and death.

danshawen likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Do you have a good pix of the vulture stone showing the comet swarm impact?

I haven't seen what would indicate the swarm impact.............though I've looked

or

were these archaeologists doing acid?
    or
    is my skepticism blinding me?
    ancillary:
    I do think the impact theory the most plausible causal factor for the extinctions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DrKrettin Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.