Animal TESTING

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by john smith, May 17, 2006.

?

Do you agree with Animal testing/research?

1. Yes.

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

Well guys, this is something which is always on the news, and im sure some of you must hold fairly strong views on the subject, i'd like to hear them.

Tony Blair (British PM) has been criticised for speaking oput in favour of animal testing, if it helps to save human lives.

Your thoughts? :m:

If this thread (or one like it already exists, sorry).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. I agree with animal testing because it is a necessary part in the curing of many diseases.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

But some medicines and man made products react differently in animals, therefore giving us a false impression of what the outcome of that particular medicine is, and making the animals suffer needlessly.

What do you say to that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I think that the public doesn't really realize what animal testing entails. The image of an injection of shampoo into the eyes of a fluffy bunny is usually what comes to mind or the injection of a new drug to look for side effects.

8. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

But this is what occurs,no?

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

animal testing? yes indeedy!

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Just a part.

11. duendy Registered Senior Member

I'll just say this while i am here. i am not gonna discuss. i know what te views about this will be here, and 99.9 of you'll i find quite dipleasure in recently. load of sheeple and HOW

animal testing is EVIL. waswatching this terrible drama the other night about these two child killrs Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. He too thought animals were not worth anything. as did Mengele, as does most of tis fukin fuk up you fkers love--called culture in the age of science

go and explore what Dr Mengele dd. IF any of you had the guts to explore about the Illuminati you'd see how they push EUGENICS....this is diea that like plants and animals that humans too can be bred to be more 'superior' like they are
    and that certian 'root races' are more closer to animals
    well like sad, go and explore about Dr Mengele and what he got up to In Auswich concentration camp! he would have children in cages and do vivisection on them. Horrorific right?

But for animals you go 'ohhh THATs alright' dont you? for your precious horrible arses that apparently is alright. dcause your callous. you lost your souls way back when right , and now cannot see or feel any thing ELSE with feeling and soul. a i close?

yeah go checkout about Mengele

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

i know this much, if you are so concerned about animal 'rights' then do not use anything that has been tested on animals.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

what does mengele have to do with animal testing?

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What kind of arrogant twat are you to assume we don't know about Mengele? What has Mengele got to do with animal experiments. The essence of his actions is that he did not restrict himself to animals, but included humans (yes, I know humans are animals too). What has eugenics got to do with animal experiments?

Why do you assume you can just do any experiment you want to do.

I thought you made the promise to go away. Don't disappoint us.

16. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

animal testing is EVIL

So if my dog gets ill it's better to let it suffer than offer it medications that may have been tested on other dogs?

To allow millions of dogs to suffer rather than just a few thousand seems like a harsh philosophy. I'm it sure would lead to more distress in the long run.

Sick animals have a right to safe effective treatment.
    I don't know how you can disagree.
    Dee Cee

17. leopold Valued Senior Member

oh spurious, ouch !

18. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh my, you do make me laugh out loud. (At you, of course, not with you.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Hitler was a vegetarian... if you're a vegge then I guess that makes you... Hitler! *gasp*

Seriously, I have a strong hatred for the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and other such 'anti-'s. It really doesn't matter that a few animals are suffering - life in the wild probably isn't much better (or longer).

And it's not the animals' suffering that's really the problem - it's the people who feel for them. Without that misplaced compassion that drives them to outrageous behaviour, they'd be quietly sitting in their hutches.... oops 'homes'.

The whole point of the thing is to lessen human suffering; for a definate number of animals used in the testing of a particular treatment there will be an indefinate amount of people who benefit throughout time.

20. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

What are you on about? Animal testing is not done on people's pets!

21. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

what so now you are comparing the actions of the nazis to animal testers, the tests that Mengele cannot be compared to animal testing, at least animal testing can be of benifit to people. i know that this may sound a little harsh but i would rather animals suffered than, for instance, there was no cure for cancer found

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

the fact of the matter is that drugs and medical procedures must be tested.
    the question now becomes who or what do we test on?
    there are only two possibilitys
    1 test on animals
    2 test on humans

it doesn't take a lot on my part to come to a swift conclusion.

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I'd like to ask those who think animals shouldn't be used in experiments what do they think the alternative should be