Anime

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jun 12, 2003.

1. EmmZ It's an animal thing Registered Senior Member

Bleach is brilliant! Obviously that's just my opinion, but it just happens to be correct. Anyone who says different can suck my Zanpakuto.

Bankai!

Nigh on 500 posts about Anime and not one mention of Saya. Pffft!

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

What exactly is there about it that is "brilliant"? Please do tell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Yes EmmZ I agree with you that bleach is brilliant...but it is not just the artful style and a full detailed story of bleach that makes it so brilliant and extravagantly unique...it is also the sense of morality and justice which characters of this anime are endowed with.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

you people are high, there is nothing unique about bleach. If follows a stereotypical plot structure with stereotypical characters.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Bleach is awesome.

9. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Bleach is entertaining, but I do agree that it it is pretty formulaic, with none-too-deep characters. It's a series of cool fights-of-the-week set to a good soundtrack. Nothing wrong with that, but it's a classic melodrama.

To me, it's like candy. I like it a lot, but it's easy to overdo it.

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Gundam is the best.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Fixed

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I agree, the first ones sucked. But Gundam Wing, SEED, and SEED Desiny ( and the new one that is coming out ) is good.

13. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Excuse me?

What the fuck are you talking about, SkywalkerJedi?

Gundam Wing, Seed, and Seed Destiny are abortions of anime. They are blatant and complete ripoffs of Universal Century era Gundam. In fact, Seed is a scene by scene rip off with AWFUL animation of the original Gundam and crappy characters.

The original Gundam canon of Universal Century, on the other hand, is the most brilliant mecha series ever made in Japan.

Gundam (0079), Gundam 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, Gundam 0083: Star Dust Memory, Zeta Gundam (0087), ZZ-Gundam (0088) (the worse of the series but still damn good), and Char's Counterattack (0093) are awesome. Hell, even Gundam F-91 and V-Gundam are awesome, although not to the same extent.

But the AU crap which you reference is barely watchable trite in Wing, and complete garbage, with awful animation in Seed and Seed Destiny.

I have not seen Gundam 00.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Wrong, wrong. I am a big Gundam fan, the oringial Gundams are before the Bloody Valentine War and Gundam SEED. In Gundam Wing, the characters are scrap compared to SEED and SEED Destiny. The animation in SEED, Destiny and SEED Destiny are alot better then the oringinal ones. Athrun Zala, Kira Yamato, Shinn Asuka, Luna Hawke, and Rey are a few of the awesome aces in SEED and SEED Destiny, the best of them are the ultimate coordinator Kira Yamato and the legendary ace Athrun Zala.

Infinite Justice, Strike Freedom, Justice, Freedom, Savior, Impulse Sword, Legend, and even Zaku Warrior are better then the ones you named. What year does the oringial ones take place in the Cosmic Era? SEED and SEED Destiny take place in 70-72 Cosmic Era.

15. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Negi and all his bitches gonna kick gundams ASS bitch!

16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

SkywalkerJedi:

No they aren't. Universal Century is an entirely different canon from Seed.

No it isn't. It is low-caliber CGI animation where the screen moves instead of the character. It is one of the lowest budget crap fests in the history of Bandai. I am surprised Bandai even developed that shit - it was unwatchably bad.

The original ones were brilliant at the time - the animation on the three main series are less so only due to time, an issue less so in remastered releases. Moreover, any of the Gundams in the UC Canon released post 1988 (Char's Counterattack and later) meet modern standards easily.

First off, they take place in Universal Century. Universal Century and Cosmic Era do not take place in the same canon.

Also, if you want aces, let's talk about aces.

Char Aznable, Anavel Gato, the Zabi family, Lalah Sun, Camile Bidan, Amaro Rei, Ramba Ral, M'quve, Norris Packward, Four, Paptimus Scirrocco, Haman Kahn, Judau Ashita, Elpeo Ple/Ple II, Quess Paraya, Carozzo Ronah, Seabrook Arno, Uso Evin, Bernie Wiseman, Mikhail Kaminsky, Ginias Saharin, Shiro Amada, Cima Garahou, and Kou Uraki...to name a few.

Some of the above are frickin' super human Newtypes.

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Athrun Zala and Kira Yamato can beat them all. Do you know how good Athrun i with a Gundam and a pistol? Kira is the Ultimate Coordinators.

18. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

SkywalkerJedi:

Anavel Gato single handedly ripped through an entire Federation Fleet and dropped a colony on the American Mid West and he wasn't even a New Type.

New Types can control weapons with their mind. Dozens of remote weapons. They can also predict the future and actually cause inferior mobile suits to blow out their joints from being pushed further than their technical limitations if a New Type is pilotting up to even 50 percent of his capacities.

Amuro Rei could run hog wild in the Nu Gundam or Char Aznable with the Sazabi against any of the Seed folks. Hell Camille in his Zeta could do the same...

Char Aznable, with a Zaku I, managed to blow up 6 Federation ships at the Battle of Ruum. The most primitive mobile suit wrecking entire space battleships. In the very beginning of his career.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

*eating popcorn* this conversation is sooo geeky its epic! Maybe we should have a separate "Best Gundam series" thread?

20. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Electrifetus:

I know, right?

This is worse than Star Wars v. Star Trek.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

[jump start thread]

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I just discovered this but A-ko wears wristbands (I never noticed!) to limit her strength, she is actually many fold stronger then she normally is when compacting mecha with her bare hands!