Anime

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jun 12, 2003.

1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I do love the show but you have to admit...DBZ has many annoying faults. DB is way less annoying.

Hey i was cheering Gohan on when he finally killed cell.....okay that is uber geeky

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Annoying faults? Those faults are classic of any soap opera, the drag-things-on-and-on thing that is. DB and DBZ manga was better. DBGT was original (as in made by corporate script writers and not base off any comic) and has less of the drag-on effect. No anime is perfect DB/z/gt by far but it was captivating.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Hence the reason i don't watch live soap operas...DBZ i guess come close to it but fuck it i love DB universe too much not to watch it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

well someone already mentioned my favorites CowboyBebop and FLCL.

I recently tried to watch Serial Experiments in Lain. It spends alot of time waxing on the nature of reality(think the Matrix). It even has characters living parts of all of their lives on the internet. I say tried to watch because I got through 9 episodes and gave up because nothing had happened. It is supposed to be very deep, and it is, but it is also dreadfully slow. Think 2001 space oddessy slow. Think 10minutes with not a word of dialogue or even any physical movement by the characters.

8. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

I am a avid Gundam fan......has anyone heard of the new Gundam Series Gundam Seed? Has it come to the states yet?

Thanks,

-Guyute

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes Gundam Seed is in the states but only on video cassette (maybe DVD). I'm bored with gundams, after series after series it gets very unoriginal and when they do try to get original they get very unrealistic and unpractical. By unrealistic I mean that for military purposes or even tournament you want something that's heavily armed and not so pretty (like a mechwarrior) not a giant brilliantly engraved and decorated samurai with angel wings!

10. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

I just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion a couple days ago, and so far it's pretty good.

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Just wait tell you see the end movies, your brain will pop out of your head and say its on vacation after you did "that" to it.

12. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Amen to that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

it's not really THAT good, the ending to blueseed is better, despite all the calls of "kusanagi!!!" throughout 12 or so episodes leading up to the 4 episode finaly (no kusanagi screams

)

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

No I was not saying it was good, NGEva was like a slow trip into insanity for me. I refer to it now as similar to bashing ones head into a wall for 40min sessions.

15. Zxanthaxzantheus On a posting binge. Registered Senior Member

Wha? no project A-ko?

Probably one of the best examples of good anime is Project A-ko. It's a story about A-ko, a girl with super human strength and speed who goes through the "discover horrible past and fight the baddies" routine, as every anime does.

oddly enough, it's a comedy.

Linkage:
    http://www.animefu.com/index.pl?lastnode_id=42&node_id=7577

google search: project A-ko

And btw, Chobits is one of the worst animes i've ever seen. I watched one episode and hated every moment of it. The animation quailty was nice tho.

but it must be said that nothing beats AKIRA.

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Zxanthaxzantheus,

Thank you for telling me about Project A-Ko, never heard of it but it sound like my kind of anime, downloading it now.

And yes Akira was the best anime movie ever.

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Now if it made sense it would rule.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

read the comic book Akira then you will appreciate the movie.

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I thought so too.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yes trust me the movie makes sense of origional.

21. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Rumor has it that there is going to be a live action Akira movie.........any truth to this rumor?

22. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

I love Evangelion...they're making an NGE live-action movie! Wheee!

23. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

There was a live action Iria movie....*shudders*......hope not.

If there is going to be one it better have major amounts of funding for it to even do some justice to the animated original. Anyone who has seen Akira knows what i mean. It was said that LOTR could never be done justice on film well Akira would be really, really, really hard to do on film.