annual turkey pardoning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sculptor, Nov 26, 2019.

1. sculptor Valued Senior Member

annual turkey pardoning
    huh wut?
    what a bunch of idiots

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

It was no more than a slightly sick joke until Bush I made it official.
    This president makes a sick joke out everything, so it's doubly offensive when he pardons murderers alongside innocent fowl. The poor damn bird is your national Thanksgiving sacrifice - not a criminal. I mean, where would christianity be, if Pilate had pardoned Jesus instead of Barabbas?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

or
    Cut its head off and let it dance around in a circle spraying the audience with blood?
    Then ask for volunteers to pluck it and gut it?
    Then build a campfire on the lawn and put it on a spit and get more volunteers to mind the fire and turn the bird into the wee hours, and when the bird is done, wake everyone up for a candle lit feast?

or
    follow blindly a really stupid political hack.

zgmc likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

They still eat turkey - just not that particular one. Like it made any difference to a strain of livestock, of which 46 million are killed for this single holiday, that are bred only to be imprisoned and butchered. It's rather typical of the American public consciousness.

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

looks like a costume swingers party for virgins

like south American children at usa borders
    no caged children being pardoned this season ?

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I read that. https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/politics/white-house-turkey-pardon-donald-trump/index.html

You guys are making me hungry; don't form some Westboro Turkey Church and protest people eating.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

animal rights activists are not religiously self identifying
    they are secular
    however, those practicing transference to spend massive resources on animals while american children die from lack of health care funding are often raised as christians.

the only reason why they can morally justify supporting a capitalist system that profits from spending money on animals instead of sick and dying children is because they have had corrupted models of moral power & control/authority brainwashed into them and called "religion".
    They fight back against their own feeling of being mentally trapped and confined in their own moral prison by creating baby jesus animals so they can avoid having to debate morality of giving children equal human rights.

its a bit sad to watch but thats life

are you enjoying the water your choosing to swim in ?

christian terrorists are always meat eaters.

westboro baptist church is a terrorist organization and should have been stripped of its rite to use the word church and stripped of its tax free status.
    it produces hate speech
    abuses civil public & private & state funeral ceremonys and promotes hate.

the building should have been bulldozed by the local community & local government a long time ago

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

https://www.ted.com/talks/megan_phe..._baptist_church_here_s_why_i_left?language=en

Don't think they're as bad as say, gangs with guns dealing drugs and pimping. (Too much NEWS.)

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

when "raving lunatic with corrupted power & authority models"
    is your norm...
    its always good to have some flash cards of horrific violence to sell out someone elses rights

but i understand
    thats ok
    you need to feel good about something & you cant fix the world(who would pay for that).

i dont agree with your moral leveling to abate emotional culpability to your own self esteem as being
    equal to the worst so beat me but not quite so badly ...

if i was living in a country that had a low value on human life, i to would need to maintain a low value on human life to protect my own position in the food chain.
    thats how it rolls

but are you living in that ?
    is your moral compass pointing to the position your in or to a fear of where you dont want to be as the only value of a future destination ?

anywho
    i got shit to do and this isnt making me money

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Googling for the nearest turkey farm.

You've inspired me to detonate myself for Christ. But I've been stoned for three days so, who knows.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you are mocking Christianity because it has no suicide bombers ?
    only mass murderers of unarmed civilian soft targets ?

irony
    you serve it well (does it come with a straw?)

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Bold mine.
    I was specifically talking about turkeys, thank you very much. I'm having second thoughts myself on the suicide bombing run as I'm too precious to die. Hence, I'll get someone else to do it and I'll just reap the rewards. Forming my own Christian suicide bomber cult. Or, would making the Sabbath as turkey dinner night the lesser of two evils?

16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Masquerade Swingers Party for Virgins

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Eat the stoned bird

Good title for a song

18. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I don't quite see how concern for the welfare and decent treatment of animals negates concern for human children.
    All cruelty is cruel. All objections to cruelty originate from the same motive.
    Caring is not about money. America is.

19. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

humans like all other animals have a well established millennia culture of hierarchy of value of life.
    you see this in basic human society

2 public servants
    both paid by the tax payer
    1 gets low level health care quality
    the other gets highest quality health care

the tax payer is paying for both

soldiers dying on the battle field
    WW1 WW2

manual labour rates compared to value of loss to long term health etc.

the idea of modern equality of the value of human life is a relatively new concept.

it is only afforded by a certain level of advancement.

most power systems are pyramidal by design and give much more value to the life of those higher up than those at the bottom.
    this ideology equals out by allowing revolutions

the masses get to cull the elite

this has gone on for century's

"showing mercy" is a thing that is seen as very desirable in some cultures

it will be interesting to see how that plays out against climate change and what sense of mercy is expected to play out.
    species intellectual development.
    it is like the ultimate test.

if i cared equally about everyone i would probably die from heart break before i stopped typing.

20. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Nobody asked you to.
    What I said was: ending one bad thing doesn't cause another bad thing.
    On the contrary: If the prevalence of cruelty in a society is brought to the attention of citizens; if they become aware of alternative modes of behaviour and are offered a kinder and fairer philosophy, that might benefit all potential victims - not one class of victims at the expense of another. If you compare the attitudes of, say the English population in the middle ages to its modern counterpart, you will see that all those do-gooders and charities, for all their different areas of concern, have contributed to an overall improvement, where there are neither child chimney-sweeps nor public executions; no keelhauling and no bull-baiting, no vivisection or workhouses.
    (Don't interpret that as me saying humanity will ever be sane! Just maybe a little less depraved.)

21. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Isn't it ironic that turkeys say "Gobble gobble"?

sculptor likes this.
  22. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

They don't. I had a troupe of wild turkeys camp out in my front yard last winter and listened their vocalizations. The closest to that "gobble gobble" was more like turgle doggle, but the majority of their communication was short, sharp c'chucks and t'cks (seemed to be about the direction to go) or a low, soft k-rrr (in appreciation of the corn I put out).
    People make up stupid words for what other species say.
    Be interesting to know how various other species characterize the noises humans make.

23. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

The origin of the word is not relevant to the irony.

sculptor likes this.