Anti-Matter

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Krusher, May 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krusher Registered Senior Member

For those of you that don't know Anti-Matter are atoms that are 180 degrees out of phase with the atoms we percieve.

Basically they are a mirror image of our atoms.

I was watching a show on Discovery Channel which said anti-matter may explain why the so things in the universe are just out of balance.

I found that interesting and I asked my high-school science teacher about anti-matter. The reply - "Whats anti-matter?"

Funny that, science teachers aren't as smart as i thought (well at least that one)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Krusher

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Boris Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Krusher,

I assume you are in U.S. -- in which case, think about it: if you are really smart, and good at science -- are you going to go for a teacher's position that pays you less than the janitors at your school get, forces you to work 10 hour days, puts you out of work for 1/4 of a year, and offers virtually no career path? Hence the sad fact of life: most teachers, with exception of a few rare crusaders, are not what you would call the brightest in their respective fields. Which goes a long way toward explaining why the U.S. public education system is so pathetic.

------------------
    I am; therefore I think.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Krusher Registered Senior Member

Sadly i am in australia and i go to a private school but i suppose it still applies

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.