"Antidepressants Are Dangerous" - FDA

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by TruthSeeker, May 2, 2007.

1. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

People like you are responsible for the deaths of everyone in genuine need of pharmaceuticals. Good job...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Anti-depressants are good for those who are suicidal, woman are better for that condition cuz they sleep with you and cuddle.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Tyler, the images are...wow, what can you say? Believe it or not that 'peaceful' look is common with that type of death, reminds me of what jim jones the mad man

did...and for what?

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

No, but I do favour the orthomolecular approach advocated by doctors Linus Pauling and Abram Hoffer.

They believe that most illness is caused either by toxicity or the lack of certain nutrients.

The presence of substances that dont belong, and the absence of substances that do belong.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  9. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Uh huh. And how many doctors support them as opposed to proven effective pharmaceuticals? This is another case of "well, a miniscule portion of scientists don't support evolution, so I'm right!"

SciFIforums indeed.

10. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

It's all well and dandy to support proper nutritional habits, but to generalize and claim that it's all we need to treat most illnesses is dangerous and stupid. I won't even bother quoting the thousands of medical articles supporting this position... what an exercise in futility that would be.

11. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Your unaware of the role toxicity and nutrition play in the two biggest killers - Cancer and Heart disease???

This isnt some wacko fringe medical assessment...its mainstream science.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Argument of population?

In the same way, muslims are right because there are too many of them. Oh wait! Earth is flat because only Copernicus believe otherwise!

SciFIforums indeed....

13. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You can't compare peer-reviewed articles with mainstream accepted superstition, retard.

Yes, that was an ad hominem. You deserve it...

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Which mainstream accepted superstitions?

15. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

every other thread on this site has a photo of a monk immolating himself. sheesh

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

An easy way to avoid all this?

Become a controlled Schizophrenic. It actually works- you use a secondary personality (which you have to SERIOUSLY explain to your friends/coworkers/classmates) when you are feeling too overwhelemed to focus. After a while you begin to feel the change when you initiate this behavior and it gives your body and mind a chance to recover.

In all seriousness... aren't anti-depressents supposed to TREAT suicidal behavior? *sighs*

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes. Artificially.

They are not designed to actually SOLVE the problem. They are designed to hide it. That's good enough for Big Pharma.

Anti-depressants basically "treat" you by either completely supressing your soul or completely exposing your emotions to the point of mania.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I'm on light anti-depressants that basicly just stabilize my mood. The only reason I'm on them is because I had 4 big piles of shit hit the fan in the last week.

My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer for the third time (he's 87 years old) which has made him very depressed...

My father has lost nearly 20% of his lung capacity thanks to emphazyma.

My best friend had a nervous breakdown and nearly commited suicide.

My girlfriend who is four hours away is going through a self crisis and her normally unshakable resolve is just gone.

To say the least, I'm VERY worried and it's made it damn near impossible to concentrate in univeristy. The medication I'm on simply helps me to focus and keeps my mood lifted. Once summber break comes I'm off of them.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Man, life's tough....

My best wishes go to you...
    Sounds like you have your head on your shoulders and you are able to handle all the bullshit...

Thankfully, summer break is not very far away...

Do you still have to write exams? You should talk with counselors at your school and let your teachers know that you are going through too much right now. They might be able to help you somehow...

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I already have- problem is, some of them are in the same boat. My programming teacher was told he's being laid off (for the second time by this university) at the end of the semester, and my EET professor is suffering from Mononucleosis... I can't bring myself to ask them to do to much extra for me.

As for summer break, my uni doesn't end till June 22

I have a month and a half to go XD

My best defense? I laugh at myself

It helps to be able to laugh!

21. jon950 Registered Member

It's also dangerous and stupid to assume that someone made such a generalization. No one did. I think you're barking up the wrong tree here, go vent your apparent anger with the Scientologists now.

As for "the deaths of everyone in genuine need of pharmaceuticals", damn you got me!:bugeye:

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It's a great idioticy to think that a pill can cure depression. The pill only suppresses the symptoms, but the psychological source for the problem in the first place remains.

It's a stupid make-believe show, that pharm companies make money of.

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Thank God! Somene with a great BRAIN!! LOL!