Ants, Us, and God.

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by GRO$$, Oct 22, 2001.

1. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Mr G,

1. Let us take the easy one first.

Tony1 is a prodigous poster in the religion forums. He, unlike you, ignores the total post and answers by pulling some of the context out of the post. At times he is obstinant, unreasonable in debating, and ah, shall we say hard headed. He has, for lack of a better word, a tendancy to draw fire like a lighting rod. At lot of it he brings on his self by his attitude. This attitude and as much as what he says brings a lot of distain from his peers. To say the least he is disruptive, tearing the threads and their topics into chaos continually. Everyone seems to be running around in circles because of the constant disruption. It has resulted in a large part of the members considering action to prevent such off the wall responces.

2. As to the "opprobrious innuendo". I have noticed that, shall we say, you seem to frequent some posters more than others. I have never said that you have uttered a
      ...rather I have observed that you visit those threads and continually and effectively kill the thread. This is what I refer to as stalking. As such I have nothing to apolozie for as it is not my behaviour but yours, sir. I may not agree with the subject that has been posted or it's views, but I think that I am big enough to allow for that difference and if others are interested in such then let them have their party. I notice that I rarely see you in pseudoscience and downing the idea of LGM have landed.

3. As for name calling, rudeness, and the like
      you will notice that it was also aimed at the opposite side of the fence from you, too. I think that perhaps you have read into that statement some of what was not aimed at you, for you have been responded to. Notice the bold highlight as to what was your part in my veiw. By that I mean that it is the attitude. It basically come down to scorn for what you do not agree with. Have you actually said this? No. As I said before, it is the attitude.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Wet1,

Sounds an awful lot like the Old Testament's great flood, with which now days many people in the US don't seem to have much problem. Kinda relative, no?

Shall we also say that I have already presented reasonable reason why that might be so?

I dare to hope that I've left people speechless with my cognitive powers. And I am to feel some sort of regret for my abilities?

That is what I refer to as non sequitur.

Okay, we'll play it your way so that you may save face. I have plenty to spare.

I've been there so much I've been accused by you of stalking helpless females requiring your White Knight protections. That forum's Mod hasn't yet felt the need to ban me, so you must be blowing smoke.

I trust you won't manufacture a reason to ban me from your mod'd fora because I disagree with your quick assertions.

You know, me and authority kinda rub each other the wrong way by Nature.

That's why you addressed your post only to Mr. G?

You can't reproach my thinking, only my attitude? So, it's my personal pride you object to.

It's indelible. Live with it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

MR G,

It was never in my mind that it was a matter of banning, nor was it an option I considered. I took it to say what I felt and not as something that required an "official action". You will notice that other than this one part of this thread that no mention has been made to you by me on this subject. I do not see you as banning material and I do welcome to you continue to post. That was not my issue. I like to think that I am fairly lenient sometimes to the point of being too much so.

I am guilty of one thing here. I will be the first to say it. I responded faster than I should have. This is not a matter of face saving as I do try to see both sides. I understand your position. As a moderator I try to encourage all to participate and post and you are included in that, not excluded. I see others off the board mentioning problems, if they are afraid to stand up and say something, then I will. I do not think of my self as the White Knight, I can be as wrong as the next. I felt it necessary to say something. How else is anyone one going to keep BS from blowing up to something that isn't required? Tony1 was mentioned as it appears to be a bit out of hand and as such has come down to disruption. I am not bashful, I will tell you what I think. At the same time I will remain courteous to a fault. I may not agree with you but I respect your opinion. I would ask that of you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Stir occassionally, bring to slow boil.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I've seen no evidence of malice or disdain from Mr. G. His desire to rationalize the "disproportionate amount of irrational thinking in evidence" is laudable and forthcoming. His rapier like subtlety is as entertaining as it is misunderstood. And misunderstood it is. Rationality *is* often misunderstood. Usually from those that would rather treat it with contempt then embrace it with open arms. Or, as is touted, "open minds."

Why then, should this sapient defender of reason be chastised? What are his crimes?

9. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

What are his crimes ...

He believeth not in witches and warlocks and things that go bump in the night!

What greater crime be there?

Take care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Mr. G,

As you seem to take things out of context, perhaps here is one you should consider. You do post at forum I moderate. As such, with your idea that I might

I felt it necessary to answer that and did address it. No one, and I repeat, no one at any time that has been banned without their knowledge that it was coming and with ample chance to repair their ways. You seem to think that these underhanded ideas are something that I might do. Kindly speak for yourself and not for me. I do not need that kind of help. I can not help if your mind runs in this direction but that is a cross you have to bear not I.

Was a statement that was made in an effort to inform you that you had committed no gross act. There is a qualifier that should have been added, …at this time.

. I wish to make this clear and also where I stand at the same time as you seem to think that such action would never apply to you. I draw that from the statement that you yourself have supplied.

This obviously points to problems you have and therefore I suggest you take it up with your psychiatric consultant. I see a statement where you point to having problems with authority and in the next you have problems with those who would cut you slack. Quite a contradiction, I suggest to go back to your cave and re-evalute your out look on life.

As you are finding out, I am not manipulated. It is for them to decide if it has no substance. You are not sole judge and jury. Or do you claim to be all knowing?

In other words, you pick to continue. Very well. It was your choice.

And so far I see very little to respect.

As for language, it is amazing and oft repeated that people can have different meanings for and get different meanings from the same words. And as to attitude, I think that the context of your statement

was uncalled for.

Have a Merry Christmas...

11. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

...was uncalled for.

It was appropriate for the making of the point, this point:

So, what you're saying is Satan shouldn't stand up to Authority? Shouldn't question Authority's assumptions, presumptions, reasonings and methodologies? Shouldn't question nor challenge the wielders of authority? Shouldn't be goaded into standing up for himself in the face of seemingly overwhelming authority?

I'm an athiest. I'm not afraid to stand up to authority -- at risk of the Holy Smite. I've lost jobs because I've stood up to, confronted, authority -- where and when I felt that I was better served by doing so than by submissively kneeling at its feet by bending over.

I don't advocate anarchy -- total disregard for authority -- but I do advocate total disregard of those who abuse their authority.

So when someone's god does something like sending innocent children in jet airliners crashing into tall buildings to make some kind of an authoritative point, I stand and say "Your no god of mine! And I'll see you on the ballot next election." Oh, that's right. What election?

Standing up to other abusive authorities comes easy after that.

And goading people out of their caves to confront the authority that has driven them there comes easier, too.

--Happy Solstice.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2001
  12. Rick Valued Senior Member

When we create Perfectly working virtual artificial life and give it to you for maintenence Mr G,then i"ll see how you"ll react if A.lifeforms disregard your existence and disregard your world...i"ll wait to see what you do if something goes wrong inside the system...

Anyways Merry Christmas to an Aithest.

bye!

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Mr. G,

I could care less about your religion or lack thereof. If you choose to call yourself Satan, by your words, that is of little concern to me. If you choose to challenge authority, you will get responses that aren’t to your liking wherever you go in life.

Results follow actions and in that you will also be disgruntled, much as you have mentioned, with what you have went through in challenging authority. How hard you make life on yourself is from your own dealings with it. Brick walls are everywhere and so are hardheaded people.

What has that got to do with the price of eggs in China?

14. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Go, Go, Go wet1!

Mr.G may be sometimes what we think of as an "Asshole" but he is, I believe, quite knowledgeable in Astronomy.

So Mr. G Please make your self less of a stanger in the Space, and astronomy related forums

15. kmguru Staff Member

Can we get back to the topic please....

I really like what Gro$$ has to say. Hey Gro$$, where are you? Save your topic...it may need CPR...

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Wet1,

Hmm. Ad Hominems. Well, you seem to be the psychology expert. Maybe you can give me a free reading?

Okay. Works for me. I guess you won't in the future feel compelled to come the defense of anyone else's religion, or lack thereof, either?

I've noticed that -- that authoritarians are a rather intolerant lot when it comes to ingracious people challenging their use of the authority temporarily gifted to them. Why do you imagine that so many authorities feel so defensive?

The fact that I never 'mentioned' the word disgruntled, nor ever had in mind to imply that I was communicating such a concept, means my previous responses are also perfectly adequate in response to this misconstruance, too.

Tristan,

And you've gained your expertise in universally accepted Comparative Assholeness how?

17. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Earth to Gro$$????

Don't anyone throw rocks, but kmguru is right, can we get back to the topic?

Please?
    Teri

18. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

I am sorry, replace asshole with "sometimes smart ass". Just how I feel... Though you are a good person Mr.G. I respect you. Did you read the scond part of my post above?

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I will bow out in hopes that the thread can be revived.

20. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

well I just read the topic now

Dont be mad

Very interesting.
    i saw that ON baby-lon 5 too. Cool concept. I love it. Dont have time to give my thoughts on it though so:

TOPIC HAS BEEN REINITIATED...
    PLEASE REFER TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC
    THANK YOU

hehehe

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Yes. Let's all be Ants.

22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Can't be hard to do...

Ants with a 'soul'...

This could be heaven for everyone,
    This world could be fun, this world could be one.

Made in heaven,
    Written in the Stars.

Come on...lets go again...DISCUSSION.

23. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Looks like Gro$$ isn't interested in reviving the thread.

So, let's get back to reminding authoritarian-minded authorities that they serve the community, not that the community serves them.

If you take anti-authoritarianism personally you shouldn't be in charge. It's not about you, so don't imagine you are owed being flattered.