Anybody else been suckered into buy an HP printer?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Bowser, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

So I recently purchased a Canon printer and was surprised by the ease of setting it up and its dependability. Before, I owned a HP printer and just assumed that all printers, in general, were a pain to use. Now I know better. After years of frustration and irritation, I now have a wonderful printer that does what it should without requiring me to jump through hoops to make it work.

So, who else has a nightmare experience with HP printers? Or maybe yours actually worked correctly.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Mine have all worked, but the inkjet one required replacement of the cartridges at such a rate that I felt as if I was being bumfucked by a rhinoceros. What a rip-off! So now, I too use a Canon inkjet for colour and scanning, but have kept the HP black and white laser printer, as that has worked for over 6 years now. The only problem with it has been the paper pickup, which I found I could fix by cleaning the rubber roller cam that slides the paper, from the bottom tray, up into the machine.

My only quibble with Canon is the imbecile style of the software: "My Image Garden" and that schmalzy care-bear crap. But it works.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

My HP took forever to setup, requiring several attempts before it would actually take to the network. When it lost its settings, I had to go through the whole process again, requiring several attempts. Their software worked once, then stopped. I finally gave up trying. It also jammed up quite often. Eventually it stopped feeding paper, so I had to buy a new printer.

I purchased a Canon MG7520 for 58 dollars new. I had it out of the box and running on my network within 30 minutes. The Image Garden software works well for me. The one problem I encounter was the scanning function through the network, but soon discovered it was my antivirus program that was causing the problems. I tried cloud printing last night, but still am not sure how that works. The printer will connect to my online accounts, but I should be able to print from my phone, yet that isn't working at this time.

So far I'm very happy with my Canon. I can print excellent photos, print to CD and DVD, scan documents to PDF format on my computer over the network. Also, the generic ink is really inexpensive. It doesn't have a fax function, but I rarely need it, so it's not an issue for me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DNA100 Registered Senior Member

I use HP printer+scanner.
    I guess I will try Canon scanners next time.