Anythangs good if you wrap it in bacon.???

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by cluelusshusbund, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Bells Staff Member

Well I don't eat canned or frozen vegetables, fruits or foods... And I never buy ground herbs since I tend to do that myself when I need to use them - better flavour that way.

And vegetables and a lot of our fruits, we tend to grow a lot of what we eat ourselves, especially thinks like salads, tomatoes, carrots, beans and peas, etc. My father has a very productive garden and he gets a lot of vegetables and tropical fruits (usually in spring and summer) out of it and I get about a box full every week when he comes to visit.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Either way, we always eat fresh vegetables and fruit. So in that sense, I'm good.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Lucky you - where I am (townhouse) we don't have room for any kind of garden (nor do I suspect they would allow us to dig up their grounds for one) - I miss my Grandfather's garden terribly...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Yeah its all in ones head... many people around the world see bugs as healthy tasty food... hmmm... but i dont know of anybody who knowingly eats sht... well... except for the meat eaters who buy "store-bout" meat an are aware of the nasty ways a lot of animals are processed at big factorys.!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

Francis might be the only morally kosher kind on a board like this. But that said: Even swine concoctions decried as most foul abominations by vegan principle and cholesterophobia would still be tastier treats than whatever remains in that tomb.

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I thank Mikey shoud deside.!!!

9. Bells Staff Member

You can get amazing pots nowdays, for growing herbs and even vegetables. I used to grow my own herbs and salads when I lived in an apartment in the city, way back in the day.

My father has an absolute passion for it. And his garden isn't big. It's litterally just the back corner of their bush block, which is a steep block of land and where they had to terrace the part behind the house. He found it too difficult to maintain a garden and grow flowers there and he could not drag a lawn mower up there, so he utilises those terraces as his vegetable garden. The flat parts of yard around the house itself and the areas they entertain in, etc, are shaded by fruit trees and flower beds, etc.. and amongst those, he grows a lot of his herbs. And he finds that much easier to care for than if it was grassy terraces, for example. It kind of takes care of itself mostly now. He potters around in it, weeds don't grow because it is so heavily mulched, etc.. It's just picking to ensure continued growth during the season. And when the crop is nearly done, he lets some ripen completely and he's got his seeds for the next season. It's a very productive little garden. And his attitude is literally 'grows what will grow'. So it is all seasonal.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Nice! I'm hoping once we have a house I can have something small - our townhouse we're in... we have a little sidewalk leading up to the door, about the width of a normal sidewalk, that we share with our neighbor (who has a giant grill, a chair, and an ash-pot for their smoking addiction) - not much room. I could probably do a potted tomato and maybe something else small, like Lettuce or Radishes or Strawberries.

Cest'La Vie I guess... one day, one day