AOL-Time Warner

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Unregistered, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

With the merger of Time Warner and America Online comes the newest, largest, richest, most influential media company in the history of the world (save Microsoft). I've been to Columbia Circle in NYC, and I've seen their new building they're constructing. It's insanely huge, with malls, hotels, apartments, resturants, theaters.....its crazy. With all their power, you know what they could do with it. You only wonder.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zero Banned Banned

They still struggle against MS, though.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

Yes, but MS will also now have to struggle to bring out a better product to stop AOL-Time Warner gaining market share. If that means i get a windows version that actually is all it's cracked up to be, then capitalism wins again. it's called competition. I dont care how big the competitors are, as long as i get a good operating system.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I hate AOL Time Warner. AOL sucks. The company lies to people on their commercials and gives them a shitty internet connection, censors material, and owns EVERYTHING. Down with AOL! Die die die die die!!

8. Unregistered The Original Conservative Registered Senior Member

And the new AOL-Time Warner building is two towers, similiar to WTC. iROnIc?

9. nroweatherman Registered Senior Member

just quit aol

their scene is a glommie. they glom all over your dumputer. selling all your private secrets - reading all your stuff gaining secret knowledge they use to sell more & more. I am more happy now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

IM on AOL because of my mom. She doesnt seem to understand that other ISP's are out there. I dont even use AOL for my email address anymore, I just use their messenger.

Once I was in an AOL chat and they all thought that everyone else on the internet(people who dont have aol) were stupid. I said something like "He's a troll." and they were all like "Huh? Whats a troll." They wouldnt even understand ICQ, they didnt even know what ICQ was! AOL doesnt even support Java for christ sakes!

11. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

B*lsh*t and Spam

That's what I receive from AOL,...nothing less
    and if you want to know what's my burden with them : just give me your e-mail adress, I'll send you a spam you'll never forget! hehehe

They appear to be selling their information to other companies and buying information from others, so they can send everybody's bandwith to hell with all that spam.

Greetz fukushi