Apple iPhone (lots of pics!)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by phonetic, Jan 10, 2007.

1. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

does it exist? or is it just a prototype/CAD?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, it won't be called the iPhone for sure, well, not unless Apple want to get into yet another piss fight. Cisco own the name, and have already released a product using that name.

Stand abck and watch for fireworks, after all, Apple's arrogance is second to none.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I saw the expected price on the thing.

I will just say: typical apple pricing.

8. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Anyone own "iTell" or should I rush to the copy right office.

9. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Here is the main link highlighting some of its features:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/

I think it's kinda cute how it renders 3d Album cover representations of the music library.

I don't intend to buy one however. I already have a 30 gig ipod......... but I would love to buy something like that for the nifty looking touch screen gui, and the phone/internet functionality.

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

with a screen that size it may aswell come with a 'scratch me' sticker on it. my treo has scratches all over the screen from where i get dirt/sand stuck to my stylus.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

I have had two Qtek PDA/Smartphone and not scratched the screens on either of them, .. is this peculiar to Treos? I nearly got one one those!

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

I have a Qtek PDA/Smartphone running Windows Mobile, so I won't be buying this product either. It's a bit late to market, I've had a smartphone for two years now, and use Window Media player, and SD cards to store music. Currently have a 2Gb in my phone, and if I was bothered about capacity, would go and buy a 4Gb. My smartphones have cost less than £100, on year or 18month contracts, which is far, far cheaper and more flexible than the NOTiPhone.

These will sell though, to people that think Apple invent stuff, rather than usurp existing markets.

13. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

my question is with no stylus will it not get finger marks like a bitch?

14. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It seems to be very, very cool.
    Pricey though.

15. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

It's nice, but I'm only interested in small, simple, inexpensive phones that perform one task well.

16. smile_on_a_rainyday Registered Senior Member

hmm it looks really cool...but surely theres other phones with the same/practically the same features....what makes this one so special....other than bein under the brand name 'Apple'???

and wayyyyyyyyy outta my price range! haha! but does look pretty amaze!

mel xxx

17. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

It was the (somewhat) obvious next stage after the E6 Rokr...

I'm prepping myself for the insurgence of similar devices a la Nokia, Sony, and even non-phone vendors like Sandisk and Creative. Maybe even HP.

18. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, this is like current existing devices except that, as usual with Apple, the hard drive capacity is larger, which is what I've been waiting for, but it's still too small. I'll hold off until someone comes out with the 30GB or 60GB models.

- N

19. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

microsoft??

20. draqon Banned Banned

DOES IT EXIST? or is it just a prototype CAD thing?

21. Odin'Izm Procrastinator Registered Senior Member

ye it exists, coming to europe in winter 2007, US in june 2007. I might get one, I wanted an ipod that had a phone function, actually I came up with the idea of how to modulate everything into one, and now this...im shocked. besides 8gb is enough for me. Only problem I see is the price, and the screen..the Nano broke very easily, imagine this thing,doubt it will be durable.

22. Ayodhya Registered Senior Member

What cellphone service would you use? Would it be compatible with all of them?

If I bought one of these, I would want the telephony to be just as high-tech and working as the music related components.

23. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i think it would happen to anything, but the larger the screen, the easier it is to scratch if its sitting in your pocket.