Are all dissenting voices cranky ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by The God, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

As he says in the OP in the first sentence.......
    As I see it, either a need like river to be automatically anti science, and wear the "I can think for myself" tag, like a badge of honour, or more likely, an anti science/cosmology bias, due to reasons that science has invalidated to an extent, any need for any deity.
    He then in the OP goes on re his next "lessons"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

in cosmology for the rest of us mortals which is again his view on all cosmology.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The God Valued Senior Member

Did I say that ? Let me clear on this Pt#1..

I said that look Earth is not flat, so it is well settled against those who believe otherwise. Can we say so (may be with somewhat lesser degree of conviction) that our Solar System orbits directly the GC....?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

Again well said !! Rather it should be an eye opener to those who feel that they are educated and knowledgeable but supporting the mediocrity or less of Paddoboy, just because he is pro mainstream. Kind of slavish towards mainstream. Any sign of dissent is attempted to be trashed, but no effort to improve on the shear lack of knowledge of many so called pro mainstream.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The God Valued Senior Member

Most of your post shows your shakiness in handling the critical situation. In the past it was admitted that a rash man called Schneibster was invited. Now at least you feel internally empowered to handle the crisis, but it becomes visible.

On the content, you know very well that there are arguments and observations which can be explained by binary arrangement. Just Google and see for yourself.

But mind you, its not my case that our solar system is in binary, my case is how are we so sure that it is not ?

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

True
    Of course
    I see no relation between the 2. Just because we do not know everything does not mean we know nothing.
    And we will continue to learn more and more about our universe
    And since there is overwhelming evidence that we are not part of a binary system I guess we are done. Right?

9. The God Valued Senior Member

I wish to put a brake to one of your non senses. Pl listen carefully, I have no claim and neither I believe that God has used his magic wand. Once again I am telling you and your llk that I do not bring God into science. So pl desist. Any further insinuation on this and I will treat you as BAS....RD.

10. The God Valued Senior Member

Origin,

Pl refer to your last paragraph. Its a statement, pl list few of those evidences which prove Singleton as against multi.

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

First the nearest stars have a proper motion that indicates that we are not in an orbit with them.
    Second the alignment of the planets indicates that there is not a companion that is perterbing their orbits.

Do you have any evidence for you position, or do you feel you need no evidence to troll.

Most of the stars in our galaxy are red dwarfs - does that mean the sun is a red dwarf?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

When a supposed hidden agenda/truth hits home it can hurt.

I certainly cannot find any other excuse or reason for your continued total ridiculous anti cosmology rants.
    Treat me as you feel like, I'm not really concerned: My concern rests entirely with refuting nonsense to the best of my ability when I see it.

13. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

When I have cranks lining up to admonish me, It makes me feel rather pleased that I am doing a reasonable job.

14. The God Valued Senior Member

This one is quite stupid and irrelevant as an argument. What it means is that probably our sun will become one in due course.

15. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

There are no stars in our neighborhood thare significantly closer than any other. ('significantly', when it comes to gravitational influence, would be like an order of magnitude)

Imagine being in a polka dance, where you and your partner are twirling about each other. Imagine everyone up polkaing so that the dance floor is completely crowded. Now imagine everyone has arms that are five feet long.

Every time anyone comes within five feet, you are twirled by them as much as by your erstwhile partner, who is rarely any closer to you than anyone else.

The very idea that two given dancers are dancing together is preposterous. On a dance floor, where everyone is - on average - as close as anyone else, no two dancers can be partners.

The only way it would be pssible is if the two dancers in question are much, much closer together, and since no one can see one of them, they must be invisible.

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

TG, if you are going to call an argument stupid and irrelevant, it would behoove you to not - in the very same breath - show your ignorance on the subject.

The sun will never become a red dwarf. I will become a white dwarf, but don't let the similarity of names fool you. They are not related.

Seriously, if ever there were a case of a SciFo member throwing a giant rock from inside his own glass house - this is it.

It's bad enough when you talk about stuff you don't understand, but to insult about it is,
    well...

17. The God Valued Senior Member

The idea that you could complete an orbit in 250 million years passing through millions (billions ?) Stars successfully many times over is equally preposterous.

How can we claim that our solar system is so rigid with GC...?

18. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It would certainly seem preoposterous if one did not bother to understand it.

19. The God Valued Senior Member

You have conveniently missed his tone when he uses the word troll. Let me handle Paddoboys and Origins...pl don't bother.

And you missed the use of word probably....what is the relationship between majority stars being red dwarf with the orbit of solar system? That's why I called it a stupid argument.

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Your ignorance of mainstream astronomy in favour of pseudoscience is obvious.
    Our Sun in the course of time, will become a giant red star, and gradually the outer layers will be blown away and dispersed, leaving a White Dwarf.
    At present the Sun is a G2 Yellow Dwarf on the main sequence.

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

You invalidate yourself by showing you do not understand the basics of the very thing you try to discuss.

How would you know a good argument from a bad one? You don't even understand red dwarfs.

22. The God Valued Senior Member

Pl define the orbit of our solar system ? Or pl let me know how you are convinced about that ?

23. The God Valued Senior Member

Irrelevant to the OP..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.