Are Bushes days numbered????

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jagger, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Jagger Registered Senior Member

UMMMMMmmmm...........Polls show Kerry leading Bush.......ummmmmmm

It is still early but ...........HURRAY!!!!....a glimmer of hope.

From here: http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0204/123299.html

Washington (AP) - Democratic front-runner John Kerry (website - news - bio) is leading President Bush (website - news - bio) in head-to-head matchups in two polls released Monday.

The Massachusetts senator was leading Bush 54-46 in a CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll and 51-43 in a national poll by the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute. Both polls were taken over the weekend.

A Newsweek poll released over the weekend showed Kerry at 48 percent and Bush at 46 percent.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Look I don't care if Bush gets beaten by a republican, democratic or even libertarian candidate, the world would be a somewhat better place.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Bush has some 40 times more campaign money than Kerry, largely unspent, so it should get interesting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Even if Bush give me all his campaign money, I will accept them all but still not vote for him.

8. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

well , some people are interested in "who´s in the chair" --- i´m ( and of course a lot of other people are ) not interested :bugeye:

weasels like bush can get that easy into office , can start wars , can do whatever they want ........ and still some people blame Dr. W. and his vassals

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

amerika is mad , at least the majority of it ( whoops , pardon to the patriots )

9. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Pentax, the majority of Americans voted against Bush, and he didnt even have a plurality of the vote. So I don't think your assesment could be accurate. I don't know if you were paying attention, but last presedential election, Bush pulled some incredibe legal stunts and manipulated the system through his familys political influence to do things like disqualify voters who voted for other guy. In the end he managed to steal the election. America did not vote Bush into office, he weasled his way into it.

10. RonVolk Registered Senior Member

"whoops , pardon to the patriots"
    No offense taken , I consider myself a patriot, and in my opinnion blind political obedience is not patriotic. I doubt Bush is going to get reelected. The media is going to try to make it look like a close race no matter what cause it makes for better news stories. I bet in urban area's Bush will be lucky to get 20% of the vote. I don't think that Bush's political ties will get him the office this time.
    "Dr. W" Who is that in reference to?

11. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

the majority of Americans voted against Bush

now something is dead wrong with this country ....
    IF the majority didn´t vote for bush ............................ WHY IS THIS JACKASS ALLOWED TO EXPLAIN VIA TV THAT HE IS THE ALLMIGHTY AMERIKAN LEADER ?

ps : the answer to my question is of course : amerikans ( well , i have to exclude some people , but .... ) are ignorant ; they just don´t care .....

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  12. jps Valued Senior Member

Those polls are good news, but remember the last election. This is not an administration that accepts defeat gracefully, they will use every resource available to them, including using florida-like tactics in any close states. Unless Kerry wins by a large margin, I suspect Bush will still be president.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

No, they aren't.

14. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

One thing that may help in this election is that voters are more aware that a third-party vote is an opposite vote. Ralph Nader likely did more to help Bush than his brother did in Florida.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The latest blow came last night. For whatever polls are worth:

• Lester, Will. "AP Poll Notes Decline in Support for Bush." Associated Press, February 6, 2004. See http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040206/ap_on_el_pr/ap_poll_bush_2

Let's see how long the image lasts before the link breaks:

Bush currently stands at 47%, according to an AP-Ipsos poll, down nine percent from a month ago.
    I only wonder if he's going to take "lame duck" to a new height.

Certes, it's still faith, but my confidence is growing every day. I'd like to see an Edwards nomination, and it can still happen. But I caught a couple minutes of Miller's show, I think, noting that Kerry's military record is farther left than the press or the party is playing it. Which, of course, would only make it an easier pill to swallow. I'll rally behind Kerry, for sure. But I still think an Edwards nomination would result in the most spectacular public walloping Bush would ever endure aside from the off-chance that he's ever called to answer for his "war crimes." In which case, just bring me Rumsfeld.

16. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Forty-something percent approval rating for Bush is still VERY high. I don't get it. Bush has done nothing -- absolutely nothing constructive for his country. Whether people are republican or democratic should make no difference. Forty something percent of the american population is uninformed, delusional, or just plain stupid.

17. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Of the 40-something percent, less than 1% are getting fabulously wealthy thanks to Bush. Those provide most of his $200 million in campaign funds. The other 99% are farmers who will sell the country in exchange for subsidies, and the ignorant.

18. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

to tell you the truth i want bush to win the election insted of john kerry

19. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

One problem with strip-searching Arab-looking fellas at the airport: they vote. From The Chicago Tribune:
    Wouldn’t it be a perfect celebration of democracy if Bush were brought down by Muslim Americans and the others most directly screwed by his own incompetent war on terror?

:m: Peace.

20. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

why? what is wronbg with kerry?

21. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

now i really don't care who wins the election

22. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Well I don't know who will win the next election, I can relate to not having bush but Kerry comes from the same school, the same secret society, the difference is kerry is not bush, and that's about it. Other than that it's hard to defirentiate one from the other. perhaps Kerry is a little smarter. However I do know what makes bush tick.

http://www.stopesso.com/funstuff/nose.html

Godless.