Are Christians Expected to be Sinless???

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by truestory, Jan 6, 2000.

1. Searcher Registered Senior Member

TS,

I believe you intended to address the above post to SkyeBlue rather than to me.

I'm not sure - perhaps MLK had a tendency to go off the deep end sometimes (kind of like I do on this board

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

), and maybe the instructor was praising him on his improvement in this area. As I said, there's really little clue (in my opinion) what he meant by restraint.

But if I was a born-again Christian, I certainly wouldn't put the Christian concepts of the trinity, salvation and atonement down to "fundamentalist thinking" to please anyone. Nor would I suggest that the idea of Divine Sonship came from the Greeks, and that Jesus was really as human as you or I. My guess is that he really felt that way. Either that, or he was all too willing to prostitute his own beliefs for a grade, which seems kind of strange since I saw no clue that was even required of him.

Lori - would you have written papers that made such statements? ISDAMan - would you? Truestory - would you? How about you, Vinnie? Frankly, I can't imagine that coming from any of you on this board.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. truestory Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

To be honest, I find your question to be mute in that it is based on invalid conclusions and negative accusations stemming from out-of-context interpretations.

I've seen this same approach used where the Bible is concerned, whereby invalid conclusions and negative accusations are arrived at by focusing on out-of-context passages from the Bible.

I do not mean this in a negative way. You have indicated that you have a reading disability. Perhaps this has to do with reading comprehension...?

Although I will not answer your last question because of the erroneous premise which I find it to based upon, after reading for myself the material which you have presented and after reading subsequent sermons given by the Reverend, I now feel comfortable in answering a previous question...

I have seen nothing which indicates to me that Martin Luther King, Jr. was anti-Christ as you alluded.

May God bless you!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Zapper,

1) Jimmy was told to step down by others over him and in other ministries. He did not listen. As for what the woman said,... it may be true,... it may not. Who knows? God won't just let him get off scott free.

2) I've listened to many former homosexuals teach, preach, and testify of God. Please, provide the facts that you base your statement upon.

3) In the same way that a blind man can't be lead by a seeing eye dog he does not have, if you don't have the Holy Spirit fo God in you, you will not be led by Him.

4) There is a God and He Loves and Believes in You!!!!!

Love thy neighbour,
    ISDAMan

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Oh really? Even homosexuals? Funny, cause that is not what the bible says...
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    Do you not know that the wicked will NOT inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
    nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

ISDAMan,
    Former??? FORMER homosexuals????? Figures

8. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Truestory-

Maybe we're using the word "love" to mean different things?? To me "love" implies a deep emotional bond, and that is certainally not something I would feel for this guy. I prefer the word "respect". What are you meaning by "love" in this context??

I think the thing that would bring me peace in our 'relationship' is if he would just leave me alone. Which he actually has been doing these last few months. I let him know that I was on to his tricks, and that helped quite a bit. I don't chase after him and warn everyone in his department that he's an a$$hole or anything, I avoid him if possible, and am politely disinterested if I can't avoid him. I leave others to discover his 'bad' side, it's none of my business! Of course, if I thought he was embezzeling or something like that, I'd have to blow the whistle, but he's not a thief. He's just a jerk. I don't wish ill upon him, I just wish he'd stop being so two-faced. If he'd at least admit he was a jerk, ironically, I'd like him a lot better! But he has to put on this whole big "I'm Mormon and therefore a good guy" show, and in the mean time he's sharpening his letter opener for a good back-stab. If I were Mormon, I think I'd be severely insulted by the way he uses his faith as some kind of shield.

Now, to be fair, outside of work maybe he IS a really wonderful guy. I have no idea, I don't really care to associate with him outside of work, but it's certainally possible. I know he has the traditional large family, 4 kids I think, and I've met a couple of them. They seem to be well-raised, which makes me soften a little bit towards him. For all I know I've seen just the absolute worst part of him, and comparatively speaking it's not all that bad. I used him just because he's the biggest hypocrite I know. I choose not to associate with hypocrites, as much as possible. But I certainally wouldn't do something to harm this man, I have no reason to, nor any right to.

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

There are many behaviors and lifestyles that are considered wrong in the eyes of God. However, we are ALL sinners. That is why we were given salvation. If we were all pure in the eyes of God and without sin, there would be no need for salvation. Salvation is for sinners and it is a gift for us all.

Salvation is the most loving gift from God which consists in living in complete communion with God. All we have to do is accept it. "IF" certain changes need to be made, God will let us know and through His love will bring us the individual strength to make the positive changes in our lives, if need be. Salvation begins in the present life and continues into everlasting life.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

ISDAMan--

I wanted to intervene because it's one of the things I'm good at.

Thus, I turn your own statement to Zapper back at you: Please, provide the facts taht you base your statement upon.

Oh ... that's right, it's just a faith assumption which you take as fact. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you and suggest that there's any credibility to your snake-oil, soapbox preaching.

But I'm especially interested in your citations for statement #4 in your 1/10 post to Zapper.

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General at the Expense of the Particular .... (Perdurabo; The Book of Lies)

11. Searcher Registered Senior Member

TS,

That was a cheap shot and uncalled for. It's just as well that you don't want to answer my questions, as I no longer have any desire to address them to you.

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

12. truestory Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

My apologies if your feelings were hurt. It was in no way meant as a "shot."

I was seriously trying to understand how you would come so strongly to such erroneous conclusions that would cause you to make such derogatory accusations such as "prostitution" (among other things) about another human being?

The reading comprehension theory was, I believed, a benign consideration. Obviously, this has touched a nerve and, for that, I am very sorry. There are other more cancerous considerations, but I was hoping that such was not the case...?

13. ISDAMan Thank You Jesus! Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Sorry, I can't stay long. Perhaps you missed it when the Bible said that some Christians were those things such as homosexuals. You might reacll where God's Word says that Love covers <a>all</a> sins. God's plan of salvation includes everyone.

I love you with the love of Jesus Christ,
    ISDAMan

[This message has been edited by ISDAMan (edited January 12, 2000).]

14. truestory Registered Senior Member

Hello ISDAMan,

I hope and pray that all is going well with your website!?

See you again, soon, I hope.