Are humans beautiful or ugly from animal pov?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by temur, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

you ppl are too caught up on celebrities I have noticed.
    Alot of men and women are just as attractive after hours
    of hair and makeup and photo wizardry.....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Humans are not a predator by your characterization of predators as "more symetrical and balanced". If humans were predators, then the sentence "Predators are generally more attractive than prey" does not apply, since you based that on "symetrical and balanced".

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Perhaps, but their pictures aren't readily available on the internet to post in threads. Post some equally hot pics of yourself and I'd be happy to use them when I next need a hot chic pic.

8. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I gotta admit I might be way out to lunch on this one, but I just don't get the mass Jessica Alba facination.

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ummmmmm that would indeed take some real magic in Photoshop editing lol
    and a time machine to go back about 15 yrs.....to her age. I think she is way
    better looking then that mousie looking alba.

[

10. draqon Banned Banned

mice are awesome cute creatures and certainly beyond the beauty contest.

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Who is she?

12. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

I go for Liv Tyler

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Jeez. Was her name always there in the picture? I must have been mesmerized by her beauty.

14. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

15. orcot Valued Senior Member

Humans as a species are ecridible androgenous, Most species have quit large differences between males and females. As strange as it may seem looks don't really matter to humans and the most sexual appealing is the way people walk the way they talk what they ay how they dress etc.

So human sexuality and concept of beauty are proberly unnoticed by most annimals that proberly regards us as baggy half cameleons that make to much noise and apear to have no genitals at all (people generally keep them begind closed pants altough they can proberly smell the difference)

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

While it's true that the differences between human males and females are not as great as in some other species, your drawing is a bit misleading as the male and female appear to be exactly the same size.

Speaking for myself, I'm about a foot taller and 80 pounds heavier than my wife.

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Good question. I think no, but I don't think it matters. If you look at a Lion, you probably aren't attracted to it, but it really doesn't matter because you don't look at Lions for the sake of sex.

So, animals might not find us attractive, but they probably don't care because it's not as if they go looking for Human mates

18. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I've only read a fre responses in the this thread, so I'll take the risk of this already having been said.

The question is actually very, very silly! Why would you even suppose they wouldn't vew humans as just more animals? Wild animals already come in such varied shapes and forms that the question isn't even sensible in the least.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

for the record penguins are EVIL EVIL animals!!

i love crocidiles, and snakes

20. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Obviously the question is blurred in the person's mind, and he's trying to get closer to it.

If you eliminate aesthetics and symmetry—any characteristics pertaining to our notions on beauty; what's left? Consciousness, and anything connected to it. And what's holding consciousness together? A slew of components, yes? Intent, will, susceptibilities, intelligence, awareness, demeanor, what else? tempo, kinesics, libido, sensuality, drive—all these and more have a language, a bearing, a modulation that elicit a response—is there a harmonious unity among the components, or do they clash? I think these are some of the characteristics animals will instinctively read into and react to. Well, with the exception of domesticated animals, wild animals will also instinctively flee—obviously they don't like what they see.

21. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Humans are ugly.

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

well i know which one i prefer and no its not the BAT!!! lol

23. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

You compared with an notoruously ugly animal. The guy looks strange to me though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.