Are humans naturally vegetarians/ herbivorous?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Buddha1, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anomalous Banned Banned

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Can't excess of calcium or its accumultion degrade its real use resulting into defects or imbalances...more at one part less at other? It may accumulate or become defficient at less important parts but still normal in more important/senstive parts? Excess contactions by calcium may be a need to those people so there can be more metabolism of calcium.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. george22 Guest

See these 2 sites

ghj

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Kumar

you do realise that our whole digestive tract as well as the liver and kidneys are designed specifically to stop the build up of excess vitimans and minerals

So yes its possible to have a condition caused by a build up of calcium just like its possable to build up to much iron but in order for this to happen your body systems must have a preexisting condition

oh and valich, osteoporosis is not only caused by a lack of calcium but the inability of the body to utilise it, as vitaman D (i THINK, not 100% sure on this) is essential in prossessing calcium and it is a hormone produced by the body from sunlight of which there is very little in the actic that is probably the cause

8. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Naturally? Well, if you gave a live chicken and an apple to a toddler, he is going to eat the apple and play with the chicken. A natural carnivore would eat the chicken and play with the apple. An omnivore would flip a coin.

I am a vegan, and yes, I am morally superior to carnivores and omnivores (and non-vegan vegetarians).

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

AHHHHHHHHH! Why did you resurrect this thread just to post nonsense? A pox on thee!

I doubt kids know an apple is food unless they are taught. Until that, kids put everything in their mouths. Once people learn what is edible, we certainly would get excited upon seeing a chicken.

I just finished Jane Goodall's "In the Shadow of Man", and chimps, our closest relatives, are avid hunters and meat eaters. They also like insects, grubs, and termites. They especially like monkey brains, which they scoop out of the skull with leaves that have been prepared as a sponge. They also eat human babies.

Many cultures eat meat raw, the innuit especially. If they cooked seal meat and seal blubber, they would die of vitamin deficiencies. Also wood is too precious to burn.

We eat oysters, sushi, and beef raw. In Germany they have something called "ground", which they apparently like, it's raw ground beef or pork with a few spices, on toast. The Japanese like raw eggs as a dip for shabu shabu.

When hunting the Native Americans ate the best parts of the kill raw.

10. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

then why do we have canine's?

11. Letticia Registered Senior Member

When my daughter was 18 months old, I took her to a park with a duck pond. When she saw cute little fuzzy duckling, she yelled in unbelievably gleeful voice: "MEAT!!"

So yes, I would say she is a natural carnovore. She is 16 now, and finds attitudes such as yours both pompous and ridiculous. Not that I disagree.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's hilarious.

13. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

She had been taught it was meat, by her culture, my very point: she did not pick up the live duckling and proceed to eat its flesh. That your daughter finds lifestyles more ethical than hers to be pompous and ridiculous is testimony to your parenting priorities.

14. Letticia Registered Senior Member

I do not believe vegans are more ethical. If vegans keep to themselves and do not try to push their ideas on anyone else, I consider them simpy eccentric. If they are vegan for medical/health reasons, I may not agree with them but respect their choices. OTOH, I consider PETA types, whose fundamental philosophy is that humans are morally equal (if not worse) to animals, to be traitors to the human race.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

PETA only wants to insure that any animals should be treated without torture or neglect. PETA never stated that animals cannot be eaten. Please show me where that was ever said by them or please stop spreading nonsense like this.

16. Letticia Registered Senior Member

PETA web site

Scroll down to:

Animals Are Not Ours to Eat
    Animals Are Not Ours to Wear
    Animals Are Not Ours to Experiment On
    Animals Are Not Ours to Use for Entertainment
    Animals Are Not Ours to Abuse in Any Way

PETA quite openly states that animals are not to be used by humans for ANY purpose.

Also: PETA on moral equivalence of Jews and chickens

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I agree. It's not that there can't possibly be new information worth posting. It's that nobody bothers to go back and see if it was already posted, so they end up rehashing the same stuff.

The software should be engineered so that you can't post on a thread until you've read all the new posts that have occurred since your last one. If you haven't posted any, then you have to read the whole thread! A timer would do the job adequately. If scroll through a page too fast, you're obviously not reading.

To violate my own rule, since it's not yet in force...

The question in the OP is not whether it's MORAL to be carnivorous. The question is whether it's NATURAL. The answer is obviously yes. The human metabolism cannot extract all the amino acids required for body maintenance from plant tissue. It's as simple as that. The only plant tissue that holds very much protein is nuts and seeds, and they have a very imbalanced assortment of amino acids. You'd die in a year or less by trying to subsist on nuts and seeds.

There is one other potential source of plant protein: grains and beans. But the amino acids in grains and beans are not accessible to our digestive system. We can't break down the cellulose that surrounds them.

"But but but," you sputter, like a lawnmower running out of gas,"I just ate a healthy meal of bread and beans. Of course it tasted like crap but it was healthy."

"Yes," I respond, "And either your wife or the cook at the restaurant or the nice people at the canning plant COOKED those grains and beans for you. They broke down the cellulose so you could digest it. You can't eat raw grains and beans. And guess what? The first humans didn't have fire, so they couldn't cook anything."

For probably hundreds of thousands of years, humans could not subsist on plant protein. They HAD TO eat meat to survive. They could and did eat insects and other lower animals, like the other primates do, but it's hard to get a full day's ration of protein by eating bugs. Humans were hunters by nature.

We only cracked the secret of cooking grains about six or eight thousand years ago. That's not enough time for our metabolism to evolve. In our digestive tract, we're still Mesolithic hunters. It's natural to eat meat.

It may not be NECESSARY, because we now know how to cook grains. And it may not be MORAL, because we now realize that there isn't much difference between the dogs we treat as family members and the pigs we treat as livestock. But it is indeed NATURAL, and that was the question.

18. Crabbe Guest

Killing any other living creature is wrong unless that creature is directly threatening your life.

Those of you who criticise vegans need to learn to respect the right to all living things to their dignity, freedom and life.

Your pathetic excuses about needing meat for health are laughable.Vegans who eat a proper varied vegan diet have been proven to be at maximum health.

Why dont you just have the balls to know yourself and stop making excuses.You eat meat because you like the taste and are too selfish to give it up.You value your own pleasure more than the life of another being.Whats funny is you are then surprised that the world we live in is full of disregard for life, human and animal.When you value your own pleasure over life, what kind of example are you setting for our children?

This basic law is the only next step in evolution, people who cant grasp this concept are still what I call on "level 1"

When you grow up, and learn to use your heart, you can join me and the other vegans on our clearly superior level, morally, healthily, and environmentally.I mention environment because the meat industry is guilty of much larger environmental damage than the plant industry.If you research this you will be able to see the exact reasons why.One example:

Aside from the price of wood, the felling of the rainforest in Brazil is done for grazing land for the cattle you eat.So you are killing the cow, and all the species living in the rainforest, and the rainforest itself, and robbing the local tribal inhabitants of the rainforest of their land.Just because you like a tasty burger.Pld.

19. Crabbe Guest

Quote:

"For probably hundreds of thousands of years, humans could not subsist on plant protein. They HAD TO eat meat to survive"

Another classic from meat eaters.What do you think was happening for the millions of years leading up to us developing weapons and fire? Without the aid of weapons we are physically unable to take down any animal of size, like a bison, cow, or even pig.For the millions of years leading up to the invention of weapons and discovery of fire it is fact that our ancestors lived on a plant based diet, perhaps with the ocasional snail, pile of ants, or already dead rat.This also lines up perfectly with our closest relative, the chimp.

Another interesting myth meat eaters throw around is the whole vegetarians and vegans are weak because they lack nutrients and protein.

Another classic.If you look at the history of life on earth you will find the biggest and strongest creatures have been vegan or vegtarian.Diplodocus in the dinosaur kingdom.In our present time, the elephant, giraffes and even cows.Compare a cow to our puny body.

You've all just been owned.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Nonsense, quite simply.

21. Crabbe Guest

Quote:

"Nonsense, quite simply"

Good argument mate.lol.

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

It's at least the equal of yours.

23. Crabbe Guest

A few famous vege's:

Albert Einstein