Are Humans Strange?

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by kame, Aug 25, 2007.

1. kame Registered Member

If an intelligent creature from another planet was to come to Earth and observe us, would they consider us strange and inneficient? I was looking around at everything, wondering how it came to be, such as government. Couldn't it have easily developed totally different? Is the way we do it most efficient?
    On a smaller scale, would an alien see our ways of dressing and communicating innefficient? We sometimes dress up for certain occasions. Why do we have to put different styled clothing? If you were not conditioned to our society, you would have no idea that wearing a whole suit was fancier than a teeshirt and jeans. We also see so many fluxuations in wealth, like we are living seperately, yet we are together under government. We sometimes gather in places, such as Church/Temple/Mosque or a play, to watch seemingly normal people seperated from the rest of the people, doing something that would appear meaningless to outsiders. We have all styles of architecture from different regions. Were we born to notice that a massive glass chandelier is preferable to a little light bulb that emits the same amount of light? We can't agree on a common belief. Would another being be baffled by the way we fight over it?
    Or do you think all societies would have these deformities in their culture? I always wonder about how strange we really are, and how easily today could have been totally changed by a tiny event in the past. If we observed other beings, we would probably think of them as strange, but I wonder about which is the most efficient from an unbiased point of view.

Thank you for reading

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Choices are for the free.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Well, how do you know they didn't create us? If that's the case they better not find us strange since they created us under their image.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

my mom and dad find me strange

8. Gustav Banned Banned

senile old coots

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Humans are remarkable and somewhat out of the ordinary here on earth, i don't know if that makes them strange or not.

10. Gustav Banned Banned

if the dont give ALL my pocket money i am gonna go menedez on their asses

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, Humans are divine creatures and are the masters of all the universe and if any other intelligent being saw us they would bow to us rightfully.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, I always wondered if they would think machines rules the earth and we were just fleas who lived on them.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Oh no, the very sight of a Human would make them cringe in fear.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what if they were AI? Like Transformers?

15. Enmos Valued Senior Member

LOL Masters of the Universe eh ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO1ChfM94yQ

Question: would God bow to us ?

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yeah right... hehe

17. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yup Humanity is pure-blooded and we are supreme we just need to grow and expand and grow stronger and Enmos you should be proud to be Human!

18. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Great. We haven't met an alien society, but we already have human supremacists.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Why should i be proud ? There are more reasons to be ashamed than there are reasons to be proud..

P.S. You forgot to answer the question: Would God bow to us ?

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yep, I agree wholeheartedly.

Baron Max

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Because you are a Human, a being of the purest blood and divine existence. No being is above a Human.

Depends, is God real?

22. Gustav Banned Banned

list em. dude!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

They're called "humans", and I think there's billions of 'em ...all over the world ...doing shitty things to other "humans" out of greed, selfishness and lack of compassion.

Baron Max