Are miracles true?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Saint, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

The gospels say that Jesus and his disciples can heal diseases with miracles,
    even the blind can see and cripple can walk.
    In modern biology, is this probable?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I summoned fire from thin air. Possibly just a hallucination, but I don't think so. I've done real fire once, and smoke 3 or 4 times. I think miracles are real.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No.

Although, if they were blind or crippled from a psychological not a physical condition, it is possible that they overcame it suddenly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Miracles!! Of course they happen...Albert Einstein did have a "annus mirabilis" in 1905......

8. francescakat Registered Member

Our minds are very very powerful. It's up to you. You are your own controller in life. You believe in something so strong that it overpowers your body, soul, and spirit, things can and will happen, that you'll never forget.

9. arauca Banned Banned

What is a "annus mirabilis" Is that wen he worked in the post office and copied other peoples scientific work ?

10. arauca Banned Banned

I had knee problem in the year 2000 I don't have the problem now . At that time I hardly could go up the stairs , So what should I called , ther were no physician involved . The physician wanted to cut the excess otf the cartilage that was protruding. I preyed for healing, it did not come in a flash , but it have taken a short time .

11. Saint Valued Senior Member

If divine healing is true, who do we need doctor?

12. arauca Banned Banned

Now you are starting to be and arrogant atheist and you just want to provoke , the believes

13. Balerion Banned Banned

You mean you had a knee injury and it healed. Nothing miraculous about that.

14. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

Remission is not uncommon in cancer. Trouble is it usually comes back...

As Balerion says, lots of conditions can improve, often totally.

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

He worked in the post office?
    This is news. Tell us more.

16. Saint Valued Senior Member

If God has set up the natural laws, why does he need to violate them?

17. arauca Banned Banned

sorry it was a patent office ,
    Since you know a lot , Was his wife a physicist ?

18. arauca Banned Banned

Can you say which are his natural laws , did he write then on a paper or clay What language did He use ?

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

I don't know the answer to that.
    I don't think so. Was she?

20. wellwisher Banned Banned

Miracles are science that has yet to be discovered. If you went back 100 years and gave someone one of the modern wonder drugs to cure an ailment it would be called a miracle by some. The experts would deny it unless they could see for themselves. They would be afraid to just say it was true before they could investigate, since this would open them to possible loss of face. It is easier to play the donkeys butt, since it makes you appear smarter and safer.

I would guess what Jesus used for miracle healing, was based on making use of natural potential in the body. The human brain has evolved to where it can override the genetic based instincts through will power. The DNA pushes one way, while consciousness pushes the other way, with the conscious mind able to push back at the level of the instinctive firmware. The DNA can't force itself on you.

The unconscious parts of the brain can push much further. The brain and nervous system is an important part of the control system for the body. The brain has the capacity to induce epi-genetics to create what would be called miracles. You would need someone like Jesus who knew the command lines which can induce the brain to fetch on command. There are miracles all the time, where terminal patients recover totally. This would be a spontaneous example of an epigenetic regeneration coming from deep places in the brain. We don't know enough about consciousness to trigger this yet.

21. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

If someone believes in miracles, it has little to do with science's inability to define an ''unexplainable'' occurence. If someone believes in the supernatural, their belief stems from their faith. Faith doesn't require material evidence to support it. If something cannot be explained through mundane means however, a 'believer' doesn't automatically leap to believing that a miracle has occured. In my opinion, there is a potential danger for lack of a better word, in allowing one's self to believe in miracles, because it can cause a person to wonder why ''God'' would intervene on one person's behalf and not another. I used to believe in miracles, and that was sometimes, a fleeting thought of mine.

Does God play favorites?

22. arauca Banned Banned

I will wait 30 years or more until we find a better word for miracle .
    There are those who talk to Him, with a humble hearth He will answer, but I doubt He will answer if you send Him an e-mail or some one who will talk for you .

23. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

As long as you believe, there's no need to find a 'better word.' To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary; to one who doesn't have faith, no explanation is possible. I've always liked that quote, because it's true.