Is it wrong to have sex for fun, knowing it might possibly lead to an abortion?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Will Provine was no straw man, he was a real person and many agreed with his view.

Later... God Bless!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

He was just as real as William Joseph Simmonds, a preacher who used Christianity to revive the KKK. He appointed himself Grand Wizard of the KKK and burned crosses to symbolize "the light of Christ." Many Christians agreed with him, as well.

I wonder how any moral person could push Christianity after that? Why spread so much hate?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Good point, I would never push Christianity in that wicked format. I agree, I don’t know either. Who was doing that. Someone in another thread purhaps?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I asked a few questions and others took it in the direction they desired and I walked with them down the pathways they chose. How was I being “deliberately deceptive” anywhere?

You guys are offended pretty easily! Kind of weak!

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

Uh - you. You chose an atheist you didn't like and made the assumption that all atheists are like that; claimed that all atheists pushed such a "virus of the mind" that made people feel "hopeless" and "despair of life."

If you don't want to be judged by the actions of William Joseph Simmonds, don't judge others by the actions of Will Provine.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

And something I said previously:
    Trolling by chance?

11. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Ok, thank you.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Go to hell!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I don’t really understand?

I did not consider asking a question equal to making a statement that everyone else did this.

And I have sin in my own life regarding a part of this topic, and I am ashamed of what I did in the past.

I use my own shame to stop me from ever doing it again because the emotional pain is too much.

For me the fun of sex, before I was married has been counterbalanced with enough pain to stop me from doing it ever with anyone but my wife.

My shame is a great blessing to me, because it stops me from having even more emotional pain in my life.

I am still living with what I have done, and I wish I never did it so the pain would go away.

Does this make any sense to you?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks Spider. I miss your flame avatar you had a while back.

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

You're an asshole that can't be trusted, yet, I would be naive up until your murder/rape?

16. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Please don't put words in the mouths of others.
    Atheists do not experience any more hopelessness and despair than others.
    Many atheists see the world as a blank page, waiting to be explored, without an oppressive judge overseeing and presciently knowing every move that is - or will - be made.

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

This is all well and good. But note, it does not require God.
    Atheists live with harm they've done too. They take on the judgment themselves, instead of assigning it to someone else.

18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I could never do either one of those! Never entered my mind. Judgemental Profiling Again! Wow!!! This place is too much for me!

19. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

And I'm to take that on your free will?

You can't even mount an unambiguous argument.

20. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

So first I am accused of being self-righteous and judgmental, use your own words here, then I admit I have sinned myself, and then I am a rapist or murderer. Now I am ambiguous and untrustworthy because I admit I live with emotional pain, from what? You do not even know.

You apparently believed me when I said I have sinned but will not believe me, if I tell you the truth. Which I have been doing this whole time, even being vulnerable.

Wow! OK, here is more to throw back in my face!

I loved a college girl while I was in college, she suduced me, we had sex, she became pregnant while on birth control, but she would not marry me.

That was a very painful experience for me so I decided never to do it again until I was married, which I did.

Go ahead and don’t believe me, if you wish!

21. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Who said I believed you at all?

As far as I know, you're a liar that can't make arguments.

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SetiAlpha6:

I was trying to make a more general comment, but if you want to apply it to yourself I can't stop you.

The survey results only suggest probabilities. It is not universally true, for example, that educated people will be anti-choice. About 3 out of ten college graduates believe abortion should be illegal in all or most cases.

From what you've said, I would speculate that your own motivations for being anti-choice are primarily religious. But that is just another guess that could be wrong.

You say:
    It sounds like you're trying to play the victim. Why is that? I have nowhere suggested that Christians are, in general, stupid, mindless or crazy. What the survey evidence shows is that the more conservative Christian denominations also tend to correlate with the strongest anti-abortion views.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SetiAlpha6:

I note that you have not responded to a number of difficult points and questions that I put to you. Here are the links. I hope you're not avoiding the hard questions, changing the topic to the Turin Shroud and other irrelevancies.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/ar...having-an-abortion.161580/page-5#post-3563994
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/ar...having-an-abortion.161580/page-5#post-3564000

Sure, belief in the resurrection of Jesus can give some people a sense of hope.

There's a lot of controversy over the authenticity of the Shroud, as I'm sure you're aware. I agree with you that it is good evidence for hope - like the hope of some Christians that it will turn out to be authentic after all.

spidergoat already asked you several times why you think the Shroud is evidence of the resurrection, but you avoided answering. Why is that?

Like what?

Actually, access to it for study is highly restricted. As an icon of the Catholic church (not, by the way, a relic, which means that the church has not yet officially said it is authentic), obviously its custodians are keen to preserve it.

The claims of 3D information are based on somewhat dubious analyses. The image is consistent with being painted.

The dating that has been done has given various results.

---
    I'm interested, though. You say you're a Christian by "evidence first and faith second". In terms of evidence, do you rely primarily on the Turin Shroud, or is other evidence more/as important to you?

Also, if you have evidence, why do you need faith?

By the way, there's a thread titled "Evidence of God" or something like that, in the Religion forum, where you might like to post your evidence. So far, the theists have had a pretty poor showing in that thread, with many of them being unable to come up with any evidence at all.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.