Are the laws of physics based on magic?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Mazulu, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

You don't know? Just look at what you've written; it speaks for itself.

You've come here under the pretense of addressing a science topic --- and why? Because this thread is sitting in a science forum. And then, to compound your dishonesty, you've actually addressed the subject in clear plain language using common sense and rational logic.

And now you have the gaul to question any attack on your honesty ??

Talk about violating site rules.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

heh heh :wave:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

That's right far too honest such that it arouses suspicion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

That's the clincher which completely decimates this whole thread and leaves the nuts banging their heads against the wall. :wallbang:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It isn't a problem if you want to believe in nonsense, but when you want to inject your nonsense into science, then it becomes a problem.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Really? He is the liar here? Have a good look in the mirror, dude.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, you don't have premonitions, no one does, it's all baloney, dude. Stop lying about it.

10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Robby, was life on Mercury a premonition? Are they the cause of you lusting after under-age girls?

Due tell what kind of scientist you are and what Church funds you.

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

@Bw/S - I find this offensive, and against the forum rules - please delete. I have reported it but have little faith in the moderators support.
    You have always been creepy toward me How old are you? Are you an under-age girl? Do I lust after you?
    Life on Mercury was not a premonition, but a conclusion, a possibility, that has not been snuffed out yet.
    I am a compost scientist.

What expenses are there that need funding?
    The trips to USA and Australia were at my own expense.

12. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Seattle and i might have come to an agreement to run a test OK. I'm working up from the bottom here.

You are going to be surprised I'd say. But in your stupidity you can always keep saying "No, you don't have premonitions, no one does, it's all baloney, dude. Stop lying about it".

13. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Are you talking about me or to yourself?

As i said the other day the full email sequence is on the hard drive of a computer that is not going. We could get it off if it was required.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, you have not been endowed with special powers, you simply don't understand the concept of possibilities and probabilities.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Who is the one pretending they have been endowed with special powers?

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Bohm calls it the Implicate.

17. gmilam Valued Senior Member

So, you only have premonitions of bad things?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And what's the difference between it not coming true and being wrong? :bugeye:

18. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

The difference will be determined by the effort we put in.
    Like we could all say we are doomed because of Global Warming but the people (some) are taking a stand to prevent this.

The war in Syria could have been the start of WW3 but we took a stand and changed direction, so far so good.
    So some prophecies averted are a good thing aren't they. So who is really worried that the prophets of doom were wrong?

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Prophecies are useless if they aren't detailed, concise, accurate and if they don't actually occur. They are just pure speculation based on possibilities and probabilities.

20. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You are right in this, but how do we now that GW is occurring? There is evidence of this happening and we have figured out who is responsible. This implies that if we continue what we are doing now, this trend will continue with potentially devastating effects. We can all visualize what impact a rising ocean level will have on low lying coastal areas. We can imagine what impact CC will have on crop yields and a host of other unpleasant possibilities. This prescience is not a supernatural phenomenon.
    IOW, recognizing the implications of certain events happening now and their potential impact on our lives..

From these implications, we have recognized that if we do not curtail our activities we may be committing suicide and must take every action we can to reverse this trend.
    You are right, better to be safe than sorry, but that does imply a special ability, it implies that (theoretical) science is a valuable tool in predicting future events.

21. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

You must have missed how the war was supernaturally averted by the people on the Syria thread.

22. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Come on.

lol

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

True, but then we can cite Jules Verne, Nostradamus and many other Sci-Fi fantasies as examples of recognizing the potential implied in our current state and expected advancements in science.

IOW, the future is already implied in the present circumstances. Some people ignore these possibilities, some see the potential dangers and propose preventive measures. Some see an implied "advantage" in certain situations. But it is not a magical ability, it is a function of our brain that allows us to "visualize" a possible future, based on current knowledge of circumstances and expectations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.