Are the laws of physics based on magic?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Mazulu, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I thought it was averted (so far) by diplomacy and convincing others of the potential consequences of a war in Syria. What is supernatural about that?

In the last two posts I have used the words potential (and its implications) several times and in context of recognizing and prophecizing a possible future.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

What prophecy wouldn't come about by some human or natural intervention?
    What would you consider the sort of intervention you wanted?
    Has there been an historical example?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Precisely, there is nothing supernatural or magical in any of this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

It is God allowing them to think sensible, and to say the right thing at just the right time.

8. Write4U Valued Senior Member

No, it is an evolutionary process. All sentient living things exhibit this ability to a degree. It is just very advanced in humans and in some humans more than others.

Is the creation of a great work of art the work of god or the work by a mind that has an advanced artistic component? This is the function of evolution, accidental genetic refinement of functionality and adaption to natural circumstances.

There is only one instance where the speculation of the existence of a god (deity) may be invoked and that is as a causality for the BB and that is only because we don't know yet the real causality. When we find that we shall know if it the BB was an inevitability or a "motivated" creative sentient force.
    Once you are inside the universe, everything is by definition a natural part of universal evolutionary processes.

9. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Saying that someone will probably die of a heart attack if they only eat bacon deep fat fried in butter is not a prophecy or a premonition. It's just common sense.

I once has a friend tell me that all the prophecies in the Bible have come true... except those that have not yet come to pass. He couldn't figure out why I burst out laughing.

10. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

So you are virtually an atheist then. Did the holy spirit descend upon Jesus at the time of his baptism?

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'm like you too. But did you read where I had the prophecy that Mike Steele would die, and he died within a month, yet no one knew there was anything wrong with him?
    My Dad used to eat that type of food, and lived close to 87 years old, so you would have to wait a while if you had said that prophesy over someone with his constitution!

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Did the holy spirit descend on Hitler at the time he wrote Mein Kampf? He was a very spiritual man. Did the holy spirit guide the terrorists who brought down the WTC? They were very spiritual people willing to martyr themselves in the name of god.

Or was that the other god, the devil?

13. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I have a premonition that the Dow will go down on Monday. I see a wet day in Seattle and I'm seeing some not so good things happening on "Breaking Bad" unless there is some intervention.

14. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

So was that a yes or a no then about Jesus? Those other questions you sprung on me would seem to take a bit more research.

15. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Are you mocking the Lord's anointed?

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Are you threatening retribution?

17. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

How can you go from "Are you mocking the Lord's anointed?" to "Are you threatening retribution?"

There won't be any doubt when I bring down Hellfire.

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

By what means? Natural or man made causes? Have you forgotten history already?

19. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I can't mock what I don't have evidence for in the first place (the anointed whether by the Lord or otherwise). I am demonstrating how easy the predictions are to make.

20. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

I'm not in the US air force if that is what you mean. They have Hellfire rockets don't they?
    If God backs me, who knows what will happen.

21. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

But we agreed they had to be Earth shattering ones, not wishy washy ones like you mockingly wrote down. They don't happen every day so you have to be patient OK.
    That is why I transferred our "Million Dollar" challenge to the the premonitions thread as well so it will be easier to find.

22. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I saw the first post in the premonition thread. It was predicting the sex of The Royal Baby.

OK, war will break out in the middle east at some point. China will eventually cause problems for some of its neighbors. Our economy and financial system will have some major problems I predict.

23. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Do we have to wait 2000 years for some of those to happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.