Are There Any Women Here?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by thecurly1, Jul 26, 2001.

1. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Not that I'm planning to hit on any women but it seems that there is a much larger male subscription to scifourms, than females. Just wondering if there's any intelligent ladies in sciforums.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

Women...who needs them..hee...hee...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As in most of the forums in the internet, if you hang out in the Philosophy department you will notice them.

except a few who are everywhere...like bebelina....

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Everywhere?????

Well, I don´t know about that, but I´m here anyway, and I´m a woman and INTELLIGENT!!!!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gretelynn Registered Member

Intelligent women are everywhere.

Get used to it.

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

No doubt there are indeed intellegent women everywhere. From the poles of the earth to all points in between.

With at least 50% of the population, figures don't lie. Where man is so is woman. Just as there are brilliant there are the common. So that this is not misunderstood, I consider myself common. Nothing wrong with that.

Now where the interest is directed and what it is varies from one to the next. No gender applies here, it is universal.

So look around with eyes open and you will find what you seek.

9. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

I wasn't implying that women weren't intelligent. I think you have to have considerable brain power to put on lip-stick as you fly down the freeway at seventy mph. JOKE, JOKE, NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

But seriously women are just as smart as their male counterparts. Thanks for replying. Too many replies, too little time.

Two down, fifteen to go...

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

oh man, there are women here, you'd better beware!! If we join us all together..........not pretty for you, men. Only joking, women are 'cool', didn't you know that? And they know a lot about science these day's.......and the paranormal or don't you discuss this item? Maybe I can make a topic about the Paranormal......only for women, hahaha.........

11. kmguru Staff Member

Welcome again Banshee. The paranormal is under Pseudoscience, and philosophy and free thoughts...check it out

12. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Yes there are intelligent women in the world.............they are spread alittle thin though.... (no offence)..... actually I would almost have to say the same thing about guys.

13. charms Registered Member

hey, that's me

i'm an intelligent lady

14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I do not think I have taken the time to welcome you to Sciforums, charms. I am quite sure that you are an intelligent lady. I think the issue was not the level of intelligence but rather that women seem not to frequent the science forums to the extent that the men do. Personally, I think that it is more of the men's interest lays elsewhere than the womens interest. Both have that which draws them and rarely are the they same. There are the crossovers on both sides of the gender line for whatever reason. And I would and do welcome all comers, whatever gender, as I think gender really doesn't have anything do to with curiousity. I make this distinction: What is important is different than what one is curious about. No more, no less.....

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Are there any women here...?

Yes, I think Wet 1 is right. Both genders are curious....even in the item science.

Well, the last years more women were allowed to do such an education and find work in this sector.
    But they were paid less then men, even if they did exactly the same job as the male scientists.....
    That now, is better nowaday's, though women still are underpaid at some places.
    And let's not forget the women in the East, they work for just a few cents, all day long in the most horrible circumstances....

But I am very off-topic now, sorry....

Anyway, the women I met here on the forums, Bebelina, Charms and myself........are there more?? Maybe I just haven't met them. That must be the explanation, I don't know them, I am just a new member and I don't know everybody yet.
    Sorry to the ladies I didn't mention, I guess I haven't met you on the forums......

Anyway, what I really wanted to say was that the women here are intelligent, they give the best replies, Bebelina for instance has good answers.....Charms I don't know very well yet, but I'm sure she is intelligent. Otherwise she wouldn't subscribe here as a member...

So Charms, by me you are very welcome...another woman, yes!! And I am trying to let my friend subscribe too....there is a lack of ladies here.....