Are women better musicians.

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by TheFrogger, Oct 4, 2016.

1. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

Does anyone else prefer female artists??

I urge all peoples to listen to a female catalog.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I cannot, myself, reliably categorize instrumental music as being either composed or performed by male vs female instrumentalists.

This incapability of mine is widespread - the results of "blind" auditions for seats in Western classical orchestras imply it is all but universal among expert evaluators of Western orchestral instrument performance, for example.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Agree. Although.....I suppose I have a little difficulty in imagining some of Bach's works as being composed by a woman. For example, the first movement of the 3rd Brandenburg. There is a certain robust confidence and relentless, driving energy, and a feeling of being written from the Bass up, which strike me as somehow very masculine.

But it may just be that I cannot set aside my mental picture of him and what I have read about him. Evidently, the women in this chamber orchestra are having just as good a time as the men, if not better! :-

Women love to dance, of course..... and this is a Baroque dance, really.

By the way, I have yet to see an instrumental performer who does not thoroughly enjoy playing Bach.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.