Are you riding Jesus or are you elevating him?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I do not think it is shameful to seek help from a fellow human. as far as I can tell GreatestIAm does not think it shameful. However, I certainly think it is foolish to seek help from a possibly non-existent deity whose interest in humanity is totally unproven.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

well, while greatest i am is known to waffle about, in this particular thread he is not questioning the existence of the diety, he is accusing those who opt to accept help from that diety who is offering it, as being malicious for doing so.

imo, it is malicious to refuse that help, citing pride as a reason. particularly if one's problem not only has a detrimental effect on one's self, but also on the community they are a part of.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

my life's not a myth, and jesus has been a big part of it. and if we have to sacrifice ALL OF THIS for an existence without sin, that's an obviously impending no-brainer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

hmm..
    another way to put that..

The day we all act like a bunch of clones is the day we are all sacrificed..

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

uh, wait a minute...we do that now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

God is happy to lift me up, because i agree that He is the only One who can lift me up.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah the pride of men leads to their destruction. They delude themselves thinking that they can raise themselves. What a pathetic joke a proud man is.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes and no.

It depends on the task at hand.

Tying your shoes at your age, yes.
    Dithering out what created life, no.

Regards
    DL

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

If you paid attention, you would see the narrow road I travel.

Literalists and fundamentals are idol worshipers and are fools who hurt all people of intelligence.

Those who have spirituality or religiosity and seek God are usually quite bright and do little if any harm to others.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

If you would sacrifice mankind's history for the non history of a life without sin, then you are a fool.

If sin was not of great value then God would not have created it now would he have?

If you do not recognize it's value then ask Jesus. You seem to have a direct line so I look forward to his views of what his old man did. Ask about Noah's good genocide while you are at it.
    Now that sin had great value for sure.

Nothing like following a God who kills instead of cures.

I just came out of hospital and was under the knife for 8 hours. I am glad I chose a doctor who cures instead of kills those he thinks defective.
    I would not choose your God for such.

Regards
    DL

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

if YOU paid attention you would see that there are plenty of arrogant condescending pigs out there just like you.

14. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Scripture shows God being proud of his son.

Is he a pathetic God?

If you are proud of your children, family, wife and accomplishments, does that make you pathetic? If you are proud of those, that is why pride is good.

Regards
    DL

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what you fail to see is that the window of opportunity for learning from good and evil is closing. there's a difference between us who say "yes we see the wages of sin and we don't want them and are committed to change", and those who wallow in it. god exterminated the earth in noah's day for the same reason god will do it tomorrow. and those who have learned and are redeemed from sin will start over.

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Now I see why your mental progress has been hampered.

Put the past behind you. Forgiveness is divine and also heals.

The trick is not to get even. The focus is on recovery and rising above it.

Regards
    DL

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

the window for forgiveness is also closing. you want to talk about someone riding jesus? stop being a pig.

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That God broke his covenant with A & E and also with Noah.

What makes you think he will keep his covenant with man the next time?
    Is the third or forth time the charm for his finally getting things right?

Where in hell are you anyway? Pain is what got me out of bed and on line at this ungodly hour. 7 AM here and now. What in hell bring you here at this time?

Regards
    DL

19. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Forgiveness has no time limit. So says God.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Regards
    DL

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no god didn't. we're all born with one foot in the grave, and this time we're going down in flames.

it's my job to make sure we get it right this time, and i'm really good at what i do.

and what's so ungodly about 7am? the sun's up. what do you require to get your ass out of bed, a fucking rainbow?

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Revelation 21
    A New Heaven and a New Earth
    1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
    5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

The New Jerusalem, the Bride of the Lamb
    9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. 11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12 It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west. 14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls. 16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia[c] in length, and as wide and high as it is long. 17 The angel measured the wall using human measurement, and it was 144 cubits[d] thick.[e] 18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth onyx, the sixth ruby, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth turquoise, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.[f] 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. 25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. 26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

hail pig!

i see the dividing line get clearer
    us and them, back and forth, to and fro, off you go
    ready to transfer as you get nearer
    i practice my call to hasten your fall

no one is worthless, so i'll use you
    void of knowledge, space to fill you
    take my hate, take my pain
    wash my sickness down the drain

the herds are running into oblivion
    blinded by the lies they feed upon
    gorging on their ignorance
    they'll clear a path for the rest of us
    they see it coming and they don't care
    they love the smell of it in the air
    and follow it down to their demise
    and as they fall into the skies
    we'll hear their screams as they go past
    and say, "thank god, we're free at last."

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. Nothing like the smell of good burning flesh wafting out of hell to stimulate the digestion of those in heaven.

Sick.
    Better to shovel coal in hell than to spend eternity watching friends, neighbors and our children in torture and flame forever.
    Only a sick mind would conceive of such a situation or wish it upon anyone. That is why God would not do such because then, heaven would be hell.
    If those in heaven did not go insane then they could not have once been human or good.

You should think of hell just a bit and recognize that God would not create such an immoral construct. Lose your barbaric tribal mentality. We are in 2010, not 110.

Regards
    DL