Arizona Shooting Spree, Congresswoman, judge, among victims...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 8, 2011.

1. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Except you said: Now they're trying to justify the shooting by complaining about health care.

But the ONLY person 'complaining' about health care in this thread was me.

So who was I supposed to assume you were talking about?

Arthur

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I still stand by my assessment that libertarian hatred of government helped cause this

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Might mean something if your previous assessments had were credible, but they are not.

Arthur

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. countezero Registered Senior Member

How about what I am not?

That would be a loser who smokes too much pot, lives in a basement and doesn't do things like work or pay child support.

Meanwhile... libel, from wiki:

(for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

If you published, in a newspaper, the claim that Palin was taking out hits on Democratic lawmakers, asserting she was engaged in felonies, you could be sued for libel. But as things stand, you are unimportant person moaning on a website via your connection via aforementioned basement, so you should be okay.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Delicious Clues for the Starving

There you go trying to pretend to be a lawyer.

So tell me, O! smart, important one: Why should I pay child support for a daughter I'm raising?

Rule number one of pretending to be a lawyer: Have a clue.

(You'll note it's quite similar to rule number one of pretending to be a journalist. Additionally, you'll note nobody's surprised you screwed this one, too.)

So here's one for you, genius: If Sarah Palin's bullshit claim about "Death Panels", for instance, is protected by the First Amendment, so is pointing out that she suggested her followers start killing people.

Try a clue sometime, Counte. Sometimes they're even delicious.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

My assessment was credible(and also echo's scholars still the same hack mentality of the right where only your side gets to decide what is credible.

I know your blessed with the arrogance of the right but simply because you don't like something doesn't mean it was not credible.

10. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

No it wasn't.

Indeed posting:
    shows only that you are immature with a desire to be relevant and provocative, but since you lack the intelligence or wit to be so, have to stoop to extreme vulgarity to achieve any notice at all.

Arthur

11. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Yawn. Think what ever you want the opinion of a right wing hack and some who feels the need to refer to themselves in third person really doesn't bother me. Your stooping to this because you know you can't actualy argue with any skill.

12. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Too bad, but your posts speak eloquently of your mediocrity.

Arthur

13. countezero Registered Senior Member

I am pretending to be nothing.

I am reading, applying what I know and backing it with secondary material. I was well versed on libel in my former life, but one need not be a professional or an attorney to see how what you said could very easily be construed as such, which is precisely why even in obvious criminal cases, like this shooting, journalists are required to talk in terms of alleged acts and so on.

You wrote Palin was taking out hits on Democratic lawmakers, asserting she was involved in a kind of conspiracy to have people killed. That's demonstrably false -- and you know it. I assert again that if you published that anywhere where someone could read it, you could easily be sued for libel, because that's what it is.

Meanwhile, as much as you and I -- or anyone else for that matter -- hate Palin, it's absolutely ludicrous to really think she wants people bumped off and killed and acted to bring this into being. I mean, do you REALLY think that? Is your brain really that warped? I know you're smart, in your own perverted ideological way, so there's two options here. Either you are saying BS like that because your bias and your hate has overpowered your gray matter or you know it's a lie and say it anyway because you just want score cheap points in whatever self-proclaimed arena you believe you are operating in (or some combination of the two?).

Either way, it's still bullshit -- and I can't really think you don't know that.

Good for you. I note you don't deny being a loser on drugs who lives in a basement, but I am glad you finally decided to act like a man and have SOME responsibility. Pretty soon you might actually be a citizen of some kind. In the meantime, keep those tiny fists beating! I know PJ loves reading your posts, seeing as how smart they sound and how footnoted they are and all...

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Libel, or Idiocy?

Finally? Gosh, Counte, I'm so sorry to be such a horrible father as to not raise my daughter before she was born.

(Or perhaps a smart guy like you can explain just how one does that—raising a child who doesn't exist.)

I must admit, though, that I find it quite amusing how you need to make shit up in order to criticize people. To the one, it's nothing new. To the other, you are especially dedicated.

And yet you go on about libel.

(chortle!)

And no, I don't call what you're posting libel. I call it by its real name—idiocy.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

what a surprise we have righties stroking their own greatness while at best showing sloppy not fully thought ideas. no wonder that can't understand the damage they cause.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

they don't sound smart they are smart. it shows something of original thought and detailed in depth looks. something your repetition of right wing talking points and personal attacks don't. and yes I like the foot notes it means indicative of lots of research something as a journalist you should know.

as usual you substitute childish insults and an air of superiority for anything meaningful.

17. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

HEY!!! Let's tone down the vitriol in here, someone could get shot.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Well if you are as knowlegable as you claim you would know that what you are saying is nonsense. There is no law that precludes someone from critizing Palin.

Look at what Republicans did to Kerry. His military record was outright lied about by supportes of George II. Nobody sued those liars.

And in the case of Palin, what she said speaks for itself. One does not have to lie about anything Palin has said to paint a negative picture of her.

Palin has blatently lied on numerous occassions. Saying that Obama, pals around with terrorists and is a marxist is akin to calling the man a traitor. Why is Palin immune from guilt? Inflamatory and false speech from the Tea Partiers/Republicans has brought us to this state.
    This is totally not relevant. It is ad hominem. And who are you to tell someone else if they are or are not a citizen? Is there now a Tea Party committee that determines who is and who is not a citizen?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

cute but again a dishonest potrayel. the problem is not with vitrol but when it becomes violent. I haven't seen anything overt violent here

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have noticed that the Republicans/Conservatives are desperately trying to sell false analogies with regard to political violence. They are setting up yet again another strawman in order to defuse critism for violent political rhetoric.

Calling some one a traitor and a terrorist is not the same thing as saying, " x is a political bombshell". We all know the consequences of being a terrorist and traitor. It is an invitation for those who are unhinged to go into vigilantism. Why do you think there are all of those people out there including Tea Party candidate Sharon Angle who openly advoocated the 2nd Amendment solution as a remedy for failure at the ballot box?

And as Tiassa has pointed out, the Tea Party/Republicans are now in a bind. For years they have been saying that violence in media can forment real acts of violence. And now they are saying exactly the opposite. That is disingenuous at best.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The only false analogy around here is yours and what the rest of the liberals with you have tried to make, joe, it has been a dichotomy from the absolute first post you and the rest of the agitators have made about the incident.

22. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Then maybe they should refer to those incidents and show their direct correlation and not to the arizona shooting.:shrug: You still have people still discussing arizona as if they understand the shooter and his motives despite evidence to the contrary (to wit the thread title).

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

This does not make sense mr. roam.