Artificial Core Body Heat Production

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by davidelkins, Oct 19, 2016.

1. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

If a devise were implanted in the core of the body of a human that produced heat on a continual basis, then would not the body need to produce less core heat with the added assistance? How would the lowered necessity for heat production assist in overall health of the person? The only way to find out would be to conduct an experiment. I presume that certain extrapolation can be made. Perhaps certain biochemicals that are destructive are more commonly produced the more the body heat the body must produce. Please weigh in. DE

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

Here is another way to put it. If a man lives in a mildly warm hot tub for a hundred years, how would this effect his physiology? DE

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Seattle Valued Senior Member

His skin would wrinkle. Discuss.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

I just found a site that talks about how long a person can survive submerged in water.

http://www.sciencefocus.com/qa/how-long-could-you-live-submerged-your-chin-water
    What I am interested in is whether there would be any benefit to an artificial heat source in the body. I suppose the only way to find out would be to run an experiment. A heater in the form of a swallowable capsule might work. The heater would produce a small amount of heat that could be programmed to increase in heat over time. The body would probably adjust by not producing as much native heat. DE

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

Asume osmotic pressure against the body and so the body will swell and start to decompose.

9. Seattle Valued Senior Member

The body will probably overheat and the person will die.

10. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

I have often wondered if old age & death are due to being cooked @ 98.2 Degrees. similarly for other warm blooded animals.

BTW: I think 98.6, often quoted as normal is an approximation to 37 Centigrade, which is a rounded up value from the experiments which established so called normal temperature.