Astral Projection

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Psy-learner, Dec 14, 2001.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Thats true.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

There's no "probably" about it.

Nonsense.

Um no. They're quite distinctly different.

Which dude? Which "government bullshit"? Have you considered making coherent posts? It's usually a great help.

Except that one set of "beliefs" is verifiable, the other (yours by the way) isn't.

Drivel.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MaN iN BlAcK Registered Member

what is Drivel

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

What you write.

8. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The usual questions apply to those that suggest such things are possible:

• Are you on medication?
    • Are you likely to be diagnosed with some sort of mental illness?
    • Do you take Illicit drugs or quantities of alcohol for recreational use?

These questions only rule out the simplest causes for a distorted view of reality.

9. MaN iN BlAcK Registered Member

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

I do it 4 the non-believers ... thank me later

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Beyond the ley line, shines the holy stream divine,
    Where eternal energies manifest creational design.

The Shen of my spirit guides reside, in the reincarnation of a Felines blood-line
    With an out-stretched Lion claw I draw a door in the ether, traveling through the realms of Samsara,
    Fully encased in the Most Highs armour,
    As we entered the astral portal, there stood the Hologramatic remnants of the 3 Immortals.

The black cat on the left of me said,
    "Is this what you expected to see? Hurry up and continue with your destiny!".

"Quickly take the key" I heard whispered silently, beside my right knee.
    I reached down to the `light striped kitten, from his tanned white mitten I was given a password to the system.

With-out Inter-mission
    I struck a static spark on collision with this Key of Decision,
    It felt as if I was bit but resembled no Feeling I Envisioned.
    I began looking for some kind of door or entrance
    ,I wasn’t aware of the Instant Instincts,
    Before the 4 cat eyes blinked,
    I was standing before a 7 headed Sphinx wearing the robes of a Prince.

Using Prayers I purify myself,
    Perfume oils from my potion shelf,
    Align the Chakras before I delve,
    Using seals of the Most high to dispel.
    Jinn-spirits Walk, the Earth do they sail,
    They don’t roam around beneath the depths of Hell.
    Wizards challenge me in the astral dojo,
    Sorcerers Ambush me when traveling solo.
    A Tempest once Sent a Temptress to intoxicate my senses,
    My defences were offensive,
    Surely my adversaries saw my style was perfected.
    I spared their lives so they retreated and hastily projected.
    The Mage transformed into a rage of purple haze,
    It fragmented into rain that got away for her to conjure another day.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Really? Got any sources to support this?

I see. You ascribe your ignorance to me "playing small". How does that work?

Unlikely.

Blah blah blah.
    Zero rational content.
    And poor scansion.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

You have poor manners maybe you should remove the plank from your eye before you tell others they have a tiny splinter n theirs.

Honour

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Correct. Idiocy annoys me.

Considering it's you saying that, I find the irony delicious.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

You cannot troll me insolent Gentile good`day to you.

15. MaN iN BlAcK Registered Member

Banshee???

Banshee if your still out there I could use some help! lol hope to hear from you soon on this thread. Your presence is appreciated by all!!!

16. Forceman May the force be with you Registered Senior Member

What the brain creates is what the brain creates: that's what astral projection (OOBE) is.

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Dreams? Wishful thinking? Self-delusion?
    Yup.

18. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Too much drivel in the thread Dywyddyr is right.

However, induced out of body experienced are completely real. I do it all the time, last night being my most recent. (I have had 100+ induced "trips")

The problem most people will have is that they are not nearly fatigued enough. The best time to do it is falling asleep, with a movie or something to keep you awake longer.

Then focus on something long enough to keep you awake while your body goes into sleep mode typified by sleep paralysis. Then in dream mode you can rip your body out and go do crazy stuff.

My mission these days is to turn into a fish but every time I try my body just disappears. Any advice there would be beneficial.

I'm also subject to 'exploding head syndrome' when I rip out of my body. It's the only disturbing factor because the noises are almost painfully loud. Anyone able to overcome this with tips would be most beneficial to me.

And disclaimer: It is all induced hallucinations for entertainment. I use "astral projection" techniques. It does work, except the part where it's not all hallucination.

19. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

S&D: Why would you want to turn into a fish?

20. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I have done everything else except transform. I have tasted stuff, woken myself up to make sure I wasn't eating bedsheets. I have smelled, walked, jumped over cliffs. Flying all the time. I have read books, looked at paintings etc. All in dreams. The other day I came across "Tibetan Dream Yoga" on Wikipedia and according to their stage progression I should start to practice transforming my body. The idea struck me as super cool. I like swimming. So why not be a fish? It's the most thrilling thing I can think up at the moment that's all

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

Cool. It's not anything to be scared of. The woosh is called 'exploding head syndrome' You can research it, but nobody knows anything about it except that it is in your own head, a dream, or a hallucination.

If you want to have fun with it you have to realize it's all a dream. When I had my first experiences I was also a teenager and was scared shitless. Realize it's a dream and there's nothing to be scared of. You can manipulate the dream however you want to.

It will be productive only when you realize it's a dream. And trust me, it's a dream. A few nights ago I flew into a party next door. I woke myself up and checked - sure enough there was no party and everyone was fast asleep. You can confirm yourself with this type of setup.

22. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I have done this too. And no, it's still hallucination, and sleep-paralysis is still a possibility. The only way to A/P is to first get into a trance like state where you start to see hypnagogic imagery. One could dichotomize the body falling asleep and the mind staying awake just for simple understanding. I personally have confirmed there are no substantial differences between projecting when you are awake or half-asleep. Doing it while fully awake is just harder, and takes more practice. The quality and lucidity of the trip can't be attributed to one method or another.

Once I induced an OOBE, and woke myself up from it only to be in a 1000% more lucid state of OOBE. It took me a moment to realize I was still hallucinating. I then woke myself out of that trip to finally be awake. Trying to attribute quality of a trip to one method or another is a tough subject.

However if you have enough experience I would like to hear your views on that. Technically, how you were able to achieve the most lucid states.

23. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

Hi Banshee! I found your post on Chakra activation very simple and understandable than most of content related with it found on the net. :thumbsup: