Astrological Sign

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Orleander, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Do you believe in astrology?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2009.
  1. Yes

27.0%
  2. No

73.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

Configuration of the spin polarization of transmitted energy via the directional quantum entanglement (via the dark "photons") depends on size, internal structure, position, and so on, of the astronomical objects - it has an influence on our mind and body (as, for example, magnetic field).

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

I'm beginning to suspect that you don't actually know what quantum entanglement is.

You seem to be using it like a pseudoscience buzzword.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

Your post is useless because of lack of scientific arguments. Just ble, ble, ble...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

Daecon, as we can read in Wikipedia,"the dark photon is a HYPOTHETICAL particle proposed as an electromagnetic force for dark matter." But origin of the dark matter is unknown. The recent simulations show that maybe dark matter is not made up of heavy particles after all.

On the other hand, there is the fifth force associated with the spooky action at a distance - it is the quantum entanglement. In my opinion, the dark "photon" is responsible for the quantum entanglement and it concerns both the components of known particles and dark matter. It is the simplest solution and the spooky action at a distance is the real interaction associated with the spin polarization of entangled particles.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

This thread has degenerated into a bunch of pseduo-alternative-cosmological-popsci mumbo jumbo... so I'm moving it to a more appropriate sub-forum

9. river

The thing is that , all objects affect all objects in our solar system and beyond .

Hence it is not any stretch to think that planetary positions affect life as well .

10. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Sure, but only if you're ignorant of science.

Astrology is a silly superstition.

11. river

So you agree but then disagree

Which is it ?

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Do they have an effect on life, of course - gravity and placement in the universe and what not, they have some effect on us, albeit minimal... though that will change when Andromeda and the Milky Way pass thru one another and tidal forces rip our galaxies apart...

Do they have any effect on reproduction, luck, et al? Not to any real effect... though one could try to argue the whole Chaos Theory angle, I suppose...

13. river

Well I Question this " Not to any real effect " scenario , what does that really mean ? You said " of course " .

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What I mean is that, in effect, everything in the universe has an effect on everything else in some way or form (think ripples in a pond) - this can be simply in the form of where molecules end up to gravitational pull to supernova blowing things around, et al.

However

The position of Jupiter relative to the third revolution of the Moon around the Earth (or other such astrological nonsense) has absolutely no bearing on whether or not you will have a healthy child.

15. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

In chaos theory there is the butterfly effect whereas in quantum physics there is the astrology.

We should not look as a cab horse (i.e. flaps on our eyes).

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

An interesting bit of hyperbole, but ultimately meaningless - unless you can show evidence that the location of another planet has some effect on a persons mood beyond what said person BELIEVES it should have (ergo, self fulfilling prophecy and/or delusional belief in the impossible) then it's just that - mumbo jumbo voodoo stuff.

17. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

You do not understand my last post correctly. Just my last post is very instructive.

BTW, in this thread is too much bigotry.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You would be incorrect - I do understand your last post; there is just precious little substance to it.

You are saying that we should not "look as a horse with blinders" - ergo, we should not allow tunnel vision (or the perception of limited truth based on what we "know") to prevent us from discovering new things and narrowing our view of the universe... that's great, but ultimately meaningless. Contrary to what conspiracy theorists believe, science is not "blinded" by what we know - science is always validating and re-validating - existing "truths" can be shattered at a moments notice, so long as the evidence is there to back the claim up.

Without said evidence... well, what good reason is there to believe something?

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Arrant, unsupported nonsense.

20. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

There are evidences and possibilities. Why you neglect possibilities and some evidences?

Do you believe, for example, in ghosts or clairvoyance? You know, there are some evidences. On the other hand, the scientific theories are still incomplete. It leads to conclusion that maybe in future we will prove that some part of astrology is correct, that ghosts are in existence, and so on? We should treat all possibilities and the incomplete evidences seriously. And the behavior of mockers does not change minds of scientists.

21. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

So should we also treat the possibility of elves, dragons, unicorns, fairies, vampires and warewolves seriously, too?

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Please provide me some evidence that the position of Jupiter has ANY effect on the future health of an unborn child... or that the Chinese Zodiac can somehow predict a persons personality type...

23. Sylwester Kornowski Neutrinos are nonrelativistic Registered Senior Member

So once more:
    there is the possibility i.e. the detected directional quantum entanglement between selected objects which can lead to the astrological signs. I am the first who writes about it.

On the other hand, we should be aware that astrology is not clear (volatile) so difficult to study.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.