At what age sleepovers stop?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Syzygys, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

They never end, by the time people can drive they tend to also drink and get pissed up.
    I normally sleep at a mates house of a Friday night after pub/club/pissup.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Engulfed_Door Registered Member

sleepovers stop at a certain age, but start again when you're too shit-faced to go home, so you sleep on a buddies couch!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't stop it, so long as both parties are conscious.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

lol, sorry i should've given you more information, my friend is married and when her husband is away, we get together have too many glasses of wine and just fall asleep where we sit!

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually i wasnt talking about natural i was talking about HIPOCRASY. If you did it then you can hardly prevent your kids from doing it

9. Gustav Banned Banned

they dont and should'nt
    redefine sleepover to orgy

honey, i am having some girlfriends sleepover
    yay!

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

So if you took acid as a kid...

11. Roman Banned Banned

I haven't stopped having sleep overs. Drunk driving isn't cool.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Ain't nothin' wrong with acid. Especially compared to some of the shit kids are taking these days.

13. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I'm 17, and sometimes I'll stay at a friend's house for a week at a time.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

As far as I know, it could already be happening. :shrug:Its just curiosity. It didn't scar me any, so....
    But I'm a girl, I think we don't have as many hang ups about it. Guys playing with each other?? I don't know. I don't think they would see it as curiosity as much as "oh my God!!! I'm gay!!"

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

wanna make a bet? :bugeye: I can prevent my kids from doing lots of things I did.

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

orleander lets look at that, do you think your parents thought the same thing?
    If so and you did it anyway either a) your smarter than them or b) its futile

Im sure when we were living in caves parents thought the same thing and STILL there children would "eat those red berries that made them feel good" just like there parents did.

I wish people would stop trying to wrap there children up in cotton wool, its not healthy.

By the time i was 4 i had already tried to poison myself trying to help mum with the washing but she didnt think she was a bad parent for it. It was just something that happened. By the time my littlest sister was born mum was ACTIVLY trying to get her to have chicken pox BEFORE she started school so that she wouldnt catch them latter. Children are quite resiliant and prone to experiment, as long as those experiments arnt fatel they are PROBABLY a good thing (i am qualifying this so someone doesnt come back with "so you think you should hand your children to a pedifile to experiment with that"

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't even think my mother contemplated us kids doing half the things we did. It was a whole different generation and both my parents were very sexually inexperienced when they got married. Neither had done drugs and my Mom didn't drink. (Ah, the joy of being Christian!)

I'm raising my kids correctly. I know this because I know them. I know who they are as people, I know what they are doing, and I know they have a strong sense of self. Raising them to have those things is what will keep them from doing the things I don't want them to do.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I don't think you can prevent your kids from doing things you don't want them to, unless you are with them 24/7.

I have been raising them to speak openly about things. I have always taught them to have manners and right from wrong. I know they are good kids and don't do some of the things other kids do. But I am not that naive to think that I control everything they do, when I am not around. Kids can be pretty sneaky! I know I was a kid once

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Shit my mom "thought" she knew everything I was up to. If she really knew everything I was doing, I would probably be dead right now.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

HA, my parents rasied me "correctly to" however when i got depressed and started to think about suicide i started smoking (something i had abhored till then), i smoked weed and even did speed once.

No matter what you do or how good a mother you are your kids will find ways to do what THEY want to do and all you can do is educate them on your own experiances and hope you have an honest enough relationship that they can talk to you

My parents didnt even know i was depressed untill the cops rocked up on there door one night to find me because i had OD'ed on sleeping pills and a guy who used to be here was kind and smart enough to call the cops from the US to tell them

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I made my mistakes because I was sheltered, uninformed, and naive. I was raised wrapped in cotton wool. My children are not. I have not raised my children to be virgins til marriage. They will not waste 2 years of their life on a sexual deviant.

believe me, my kids will not make the mistakes I did because I will not let that happen.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

your probably right, they PROBABLY wont make YOUR mestakes they will make there OWN mestakes. Thats how we learn, not by what we do right but rather by what we fuck up

Thats why nests (in the biological sence) are so important and why its called trial and error rather than trial and corect. Its what the scientific method is based on

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

This is what you said, and what I disagreed with.
    No, I can't prevent them from making their own mistakes, but I can prevent them from doing what I did.

23. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Do the quotation marks mean that she was only pretending to think that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.