Atheists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Muslim, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

So, how did you guys come to the conclusion there is no god? I mean did you wake up one night thought there isn't a god? Or did you do some research?

And also what is your motivation in life? And do you ever think what life would be like if you believed in a god?

Also are things like thinking of death easy to handle like I mean do you guy fear dying?

Side note: I don't like it the way Atheist go around attack god, and religion Atheist create so many problems in the world. I mean you guys should not say nasty things about god and peoples beliefs its hurtful to people. I mean you guys are pretty offensive. See that is another point look at a Jehovah's witness he believe in a god? but is he violent and disrespectful no? You guys should take a page out of out book, and be alittle more respectful and tolerant.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

There are somethings that are illogical but you still believe in them like penguins. So can you elaborate on that a little more please.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Let's reword it then, God exists, for the weak minded, the delusional, the misguided, the confused, the deceived, the disinformed, the foolish, the ill-advised, the imprudent, the misled, the misplaced, the mistaken, the unreasonable, the unwise, the disfunctional religious prat.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  8. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Well I went to religious schooling, but growing up, slowing realized it was bullshit. I think it's clear there is no God that resembles any created by man. Not that I don't deny completely the possability that there is an 'intelligent designer'. I just find it unlikely. Although the "but the universe is so complex" may sound convicincing, it is completely baseless. Complex compared to what?

I have a fair idea what it would be like to believe in God, since I used to do so around the age of 10. I also believed in Santa. I can say I don't need any self illusions.

I don't look forward to death, but what can you do? Creating a childish fantasy doesn't hide the fact it will happen.

That is so funny. Go away and burn my nations flag if you don't like what I say.

9. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

There was no need to thesaurus me!

This is what I mean this is what you get when you try to have a conversation with an Atheist, the first rule of debating is attack the idea not the person.

10. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

It's been established the Bible is most certainly NOT a source of scientific evidence; it contradicts itself frequently, claims the impossible and simply doesn't make sense. Using it as a basis for such an extraordinarily ignorant, bigoted and outrageous argument as yours is simply unacceptable in terms of discussion. With no evidence towards it and so much against it, the only logical conclusion is that you are wrong.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  11. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

Are you trying to argue that penguins don't exist....? :bugeye:

I went to a catholic school from the ages of 2 up until 9, I then went to a church of England school until I was 13, I've always been science minded, and I did believe in God while I was a small child. Then I started to research the basis of christianty, and the idea of God existing. When it comes down to it, there's no proof that he does exist. There are plenty of theories to back up why the idea of him was created. Anything God supposedly did, such as create man can be explained in scientific terms, i.e. evolution.
    So, I see no reason to believe in God.

My motivation in life is to make the most of what I have, and have fun along the way. What's your motivation? To please God?
    I've considered it, it may well be an easier life to believe in God, I always blame him when things went wrong, or go crying to him when things get hard. Personally, I'd rather face up to the consequences of my actions and live my life for myself, not a non existant entity.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

It took time, research of religions, logical thinking, observations of believers, probably more things i cant think of right now.

To be happy and to make others as happy as possible, to make the world and this life better and as good as it can be since its all we get.
    Been there, really wasnt worth my time, my life is better without belief in a god.
    Well a lot of people fear the thought of ceasing to exist since they will lose everything they have in this world, but of course once you actually die you feel nothing anymore, so what is there to fear?
    What possible problem could you have with penguins?

13. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

How did you slowly realize it was not true? I mean did you read something? like the holy bible from god?

14. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

God has no beggining and has no end right ?

0 x infinity = undefined
    That means he dont exist you twit !

I don't understand why some people simply cannot see this simple, easy fact; it's bloody preschool stuff.

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I can't agree. Prat only has one t.

16. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

You just made that up. Its not even a proper calculation.

17. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

No, that is an easy equation which everyone should learn in basic middle school maths lessons.

18. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

I did made that up ?

Are you serious ?

19. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Most dont, i find religious people much more pushy as far as conversions go, and they constantly refer to atheists as satans children etc. I find Atheists much more accepting of other people.
    Atheism is the minority, but feel free to prove your statement.
    I'd say defensive, used to constantly being attacked, preached at etc, remember aAtheism is the minority.
    No just a pain in the ass, but feel free to cite sources of all this atheist violence.

Preaching to someone is neither respectful or tolerant, this is why most religious people struggle to gain respect from atheists, those who dont preach, are respected and tolerated.

20. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

Don't be daft

:Muslim irritates me, and it kinna makes sense....

If he can try and argue penguins are fictional I can back up a kinna maybe logical invented equation

21. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

No they do exist, but they are illogical I mean think about it? it can't fly it lives in cold water and does nothing, and the way it walks it just don't look right I don't like them.

Well Muslims believe in evolution as it doesn't contradict the Quran. Every thought maybe you researched the wrong religion I believe there is a religion out there for everyone and everyone should believe in a god.

Yes, my motivation is to please god and do good so I get my reword. 72 hot virgins.

22. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Its abstract math, Greeks invented it to talk shit.

23. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

I have researched many religions, and I still don't see a reason to believe in God.
    What happens if you're wrong? What about if there really is nothing after death?
    Have you gone out and researched the scientific basis for most atheists beliefs, or lack there of?