Atheists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Muslim, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

So let me get this straight its alright for you to call god names and attack religious but we shouldn't preach. I don't necessarily mean you, as in you, you - if you get what I mean.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Lots of birds dont fly, its usually because they have no need to fly anymore to escape predators, the wings become redundant. Penguins are adapted to live in the cold, and what do you mean it does nothing? It survives the same as most animals, what it does or doesnt do, how it walks, and if you like it or not, doesnt make a difference.
    Most religions have similar concepts, most people research more than one, and a lot of people dont need or want a god.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

No, I haven't done that. And if am wrong, I'll never know will I. No I haven't researched into atheism. I didn't like it before but there is a girl in my college who is an atheist and I like her, and am just finding out so I can like talk to her.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Yes i understand what you mean, and no it isnt right for anyone, but from my experience most atheists wouldnt insult a god or religion(outside of jest) since they dont believe the god exists, they may however insult a believer based on their attitude towards atheists, this is quite common when the believer is preaching, or insisting they are doing the devils work etc.
    What i've noticed is atheists mostly defending their position and lack of belief in god in the face of preaching and insults, as i said, atheism is still a minority.

8. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but the other birds that don't fly we eat them. I mean what are you on about they don't have predators I mean look at chickens I eat Chickens I am a predator but I don't see them evolving into some human killing beast.

But penguins don't make any sense. I mean look at them!

9. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

In my personal experience, the only time atheists have called God names, and those who believe in him, has been after those said believers have spent a good long time preaching to them. If I had a £1 for everytime I was told I was going to hell just because I don't believe in God, I'd be very rich by now. They won't stop there though, No, they insist on trying to "save my soul" and convert them.

10. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I think I can see what your point is. Yeah I feel like that sometimes like everything some Muslim does something people question you like and you eventually get fed up of it and you just end up insulting them. So I suppose I can understand it in that sense. But really how would someone impress an atheist who believes in a god?

11. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

You mean, how would someone who believes in God, impress an atheist?

You can't base it around her beliefs or lack of, find things she's interested in etc.

12. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

Have you eaten an ostrich? An emu? A kiwi?
    Its evolution, as far as im aware they evolved into flightless birds before being domesticated and eaten by humans, they wont evolve back quickly.
    Yes they make perfect sense, they have adapted to survive in a cold environment where others have probably failed, some penguins actually live in africa and south america. Whats the difference between them and kangaroos in australia, lions in africa, i mean what do you expect these creatures to do?

13. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I know this crazy Christian women used to come to my house and give us books I mean at first I was like all cool, because I was getting free movies off her and books. But then when I questioned her on things like the trinity she just went crazy on me, and she would say the same thing over and over again "oh Jesus died for your sins" but I don't do that to Atheists. I mean I would try to convert them at first if they just said to me look I am not interested I would leave them alone.

But what am really interested in is how to impress a Atheist girl.

14. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

Well, first off, don't try and convert her, that's one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

Like I said, just find out her interests, hobbies, say for example, she's into art, do a bit of research and start talking to her about art.

15. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Shes interested in clubbing and stuff like that parting all sinful stuff. But I really like her now. I mean theres more to live then sex, and partying.

16. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

I'm sure she realises that, so find out what else she likes, what about her taste in music?

17. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

I dont think you should be thinking to impress someone, just be you, but accepting of others, most people can get on really well unless they're prejudice in which case, who cares about them? Really muslims are getting a bad reputation at the moment, most people are smart enough to be aware it isnt a majority that are causing trouble, however it is a propertionately high number it seems and they do seem to take it further than just simple defensiveness sometimes, and a lot of reliigous leaders dont condemn what they do, which only makes it seem worse.

18. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I don't like really have any experience with girl, I mean I haven't been interested in them before. And am not shy or anything I just don't know what to say to her I mean what does a guy talk to a girl about.

19. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

You love your god more then her so... forget about it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. Lil Light Foot Just a fuzzy lil Fyre ball. Registered Senior Member

You can't generalise, not all of us are the same. (yes, I am female!)
    If you see her in school, bring up a topic from class, or offer her help if she gets stuck, or if it's at work mention a difficult customer or something..

21. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

I suppose.

22. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

23. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Some atheist girls dont want to know that you have a god or a goddess. It would be a triangle relationship between her and your god. :m: