Atheists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Muslim, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Haha you believe in love lol

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Really? she knows am a Muslim though. I mean she flirts with me most of the time.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

Im afraid that you are capable to convert into Muslim and dress her into a black ghost and lose her freedom cause of your religion.

Poor atheist girl

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Growing up I suppose. Receiving an education was also a help. But largely, I used common sense. Does anything written by man accurately describe and represent the creator of the universe? Of course not.

But no... most Humans still believe Mohammed was a prophet, and most still believe Jesus was actually the son of God.

8. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Muslim,

Most have not reached that conclusion, neither is that the key issue. The primary atheist objection to the theistic perspective is the theist’s inability to demonstrate that their claims have any truth. So far, in the entire history of humanity no one has yet shown a single shred of evidence that a god exists, has existed, might one day exit, or even could exist. In that light there is no good reason to believe that a god exists and certainly no reason to change one’s life because of such fantasies. The basis of every religion is non-evidential (blind) faith, and that is simple irrationality – belief that a fantasy is true. There is no long-term value in such nonsense. Without the necessary evidence the objective thinker has little problem realizing that the god concept is a purely human imaginative construct, much like any fictional story. This doesn’t mean that a god does not exist just that the current primary proposals for a god are simply anthropomorphisms, and lack any real credibility and as Einstein stated – are childlike.

The overwhelming origin of all religious ideas and the primary underlying (often hidden) driving force is the human desire for survival and the inevitable consideration of death; one can also take that to mean the fear of death. Unable or unwilling to face the hard reality that death means permanent non-existence the early creators of religions speculated that perhaps there are alternatives. With their total ignorance of brain function these early theologians invented concepts like re-incarnation, souls, and the myriad variations on these concepts. The gullible masses were overwhelmingly ready to believe that their authoritarian leaders had solved the problem of death, and unfortunately in many parts of the world this nonsense is still widely believed as true. Note that none are based on any empirical evidence, and now we know that the brain accounts for thoughts and emotions, there is no sensible reason to continue with these fictional afterlife concepts. Once one realizes there is no hope of an afterlife then all theistic ideas become utter nonsense since they all depend on an afterlife, primarily to support their expectations of reward and punishment – an outdated and antiquated method used for controlling the masses.

Anything one desires apart from religious nonsense.

Many atheists here were once religious and that has been the primary reason many rejected theism. Once one examines theistic ideas objectively then the underlying concepts become clearly overwhelmingly idiotic and without credibility.

Accepting that death is permanent can be a harsh realization that is driving many such as myself to find real solutions to involuntary death (www.imminst.org) This is far more constructive than maintaining the dangerous, fatalistic, and futile religious false hope of an afterlife.

Are you joking? Atheists cause problems? You are listening to your own religious propaganda. Do you not realize that the current wave of Islamic inspired world terrorism is probably the world’s biggest problem in the history of mankind, second perhaps to Hitler?

That people are offended when their personal fantasies are insulted is very much their problem. Until theists can show their beliefs are anything more than dangerous fantasies then such concepts should be attacked and vilified at every opportunity. I also try to draw the line between attacking a religious concept and attacking the person, but that is borderline sometimes when it is the theists that have created such idiotic ideas that one must wonder about their intelligence and ability to think clearly.

Most agree that WJJ is a nutcase proposing daft ideas in a public forum. The responses seem appropriate. But why be tolerant of ideas that many here see as dangerous and nonsensical. Would you be tolerant of murderers because you think that they simply have a different view of life? In every day life I would live and let live, but in a forum specifically designed to discuss religious ideas then there are essentially no limitations apart from common decency. This forum is not about tolerance or about “getting along with other people” it is about the harsh realities of life and how people see religion. Perhaps you should be more tolerant of those who hold very strong opposing views to your own – where is your tolerance?

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

So, how did you guys come to the conclusion there is no god? I mean did you wake up one night thought there isn't a god? Or did you do some research?
    I didn't need to wake up with the thought that there is no god, because I never had the thought that there is a god. Did you wake up one day with the thought there is a god? Did you do some research?

And also what is your motivation in life? And do you ever think what life would be like if you believed in a god?
    Life would be fucking shit if I believed in god; just another brainwashed automaton.

Also are things like thinking of death easy to handle like I mean do you guy fear dying?
    Death is natural. Death is death. the end.

Side note: I don't like it the way Atheist go around attack god, and religion Atheist create so many problems in the world. I mean you guys should not say nasty things about god and peoples beliefs its hurtful to people. I mean you guys are pretty offensive. See that is another point look at a Jehovah's witness he believe in a god? but is he violent and disrespectful no? You guys should take a page out of out book, and be alittle more respectful and tolerant.

Go burn a flag.

10. Muslim Immortal Valued Senior Member

Go burn a flag? You're being stupid, do you ever stop to think? do you really think, Muslims have flags to burn and there is always a conveniently a camera man to film it? It has all been orchestrated from the Shadows for a new world order. This ain't no alien conspiracy shit its real. People in Germany have been been prosecuted who have tried to expose those people operating from the shadows.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The point being: teach your fellow muslim friends first some tolerance and after you finished this impossible job you can go and blame other people of lack of tolerance.

I just saw you refer to someone as a hindu nut. Is that the kind of relgious tolerance you are looking for?

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

The angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection.
    It is one of the laws of optics relating to mirrors.
    Do you see the relevance?

13. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

I started out by being undoctrinated by the church and my parents, and school, but when I got to about 11/12 I had a mind to question, so I studied and studied the vedas the qu'ran the torah the bible any religious book to find some evidence to prove what everybody had drumed into me, none could be found, thus I have no believe in god/gods, I have never come across any evidence that god/gods exists. it is not reasonable to believe the supernatural.
    you don't decide what to believe, this is the only outcome given the evidence, I could in no way believe in a god, that would be delving into the realsm of fantasy, If there were evidence for a god, I would have no choice but to believe.
    there is none.
    no I never think what life would like with a god, you have to be a lunatic to think like one. my motivation in life is to help others and to propagate the species,not to cause harm or kill anyone this is the one and only life we have and therefore life is sacred.
    no dont think of death, it's not a problem theres no need to fear in death it is inevitable.
    could you produce some evidence for this or post some links, as to how atheist create so many problems in the world, thank you.
    it's not our fault, that some people, happen to believe in fantasies, if they were more sensible it would not be offensive.
    does the j witness let children die, yes.
    he deserves no respect what so ever.

14. qwerty mob Deicidal Registered Senior Member

Hi, M. Allow me to apologize in advance if any of these answers offend you or your beliefs, but I imagine your curiosity is sincere...

Personally, I have yet to find a coherent description of any Supreme God(s), other than that they're all "imaginary, mythological beings."

I suppose this "conclusion" works the same for any monotheist, regarding every other god or goddess but theirs.

I never really did "believe" and was aware, even as a young child, that I was being indoctrinated socially and culturally. My first question, when I was only about 7 years old, was "Who made God?" and later "Do pets go to Heaven?" I was unsatisfied with the evasiveness and nonsensical answers from those you should've known better, so I adopted a healthy skepticism at a very early age.

Later on in High Scool, yes, when first studying Philosophy I revisited the popular Theologies from a more scholarly perspective; applying critical thinking and logic to what I was being introduced to, while cross referencing significant world events within religions, politics, and military and cultural advances.

I suppose one could aptly characterize me as a "practical transhumanist" in that I value longevity, health, honesty, wisdom, technology, prosperity and liberty.

Beliefs are the most flawed form of learning because they aren't tied to anything objective, but more importantly, they lead to an infinite regression; beliefs lead to further beliefs, rather than to understanding.

If I were to ever "start believing" in gods, what is there to stop me from believing in Heavens, Hells, and devils and souls and stuff? There comes a point where one has to be objective, or suffer these illusions needlessly.

I don't fear dying at all because I have a rational and objective view of how rare and significant life actually is, terrestrially and cosmologically; I embrace that my death is inevitable but will postpone it as long as possible.

You may, at some point, want to reconcile why you disbelieve in all other Gods but one, and then try examining that last one more carefully and by the same criteria you dismiss all others.

This is the essential point of "monotheists are atheists too, they simply believe in one more god than I do."

About god, well, what specific god are you talking about? The generic God of Monotheism? Deism? Zeus? Yahweh? Jehovah? Allah?

JW's believe in at least one god... and we're now talking about a hypothetical person, not an actual man.

We can both imagine such a man, sure, so naturally he will act exactly as we would each insist he does. I can't supply any counter-examples offhand, and since I prefer to look charitably upon the faithful let me say that your point is well received; we should all strive for mutual respect.

I prefer to leave books in tact! (I understand your meaning though. Good one.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Good questions overall, M, hope you may enjoy the replies of those who took the time and honestly tried to avoid being hurtful or nasty.

Be Well

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  15. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I was actually born that way... just like you were.

Sex.

Do you ever think what life would be like if you believed in leprechauns?

I do, yes. A long time ago I was walking along the high street when I saw an elderly man get royally splatted by a fast moving vehicle. My brain has ever since tried to figure out if anything is worth the effort. The poor old fool was probably thinking about something so trivial.. bills, tv programmes, what's for dinner.. Such worthless shite.

Yes, I do fear dying.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Which god?

Research into how things work have shown that gods are not required for the universe to exist in its current form, that it could have come into existence all on its own. No evidence whatsoever exists that god had anything to do with it, other than the bible.

Motivation is life itself. Life believing in a god would be the same thing as shutting off ones brain to reason and using solely to fantasize about gods.

I'm sure everyones afraid of dying, so what? It's easy to handle, we're here and then we're not.

Ok, I got a real problem with you stating that atheists create so many problems in the world. Name one. And then please remember that theists have and still do run most of the world. THEY are the ones who are to blame for any problems.

No one can be tolerant or respective of someone else who refuses to use his brain other than for fantasizing about gods.

17. Mythbuster Mushroomed Registered Senior Member

A religion itself is a grand lofty ideal, though in many cases its ideals are very questionable. I needn't point any out. It is religious followers who are the problem; they're the ones who choose to acknowledge the parts of their religion that say "kill non-believers" while disregarding the parts that say "love thy neighbour" or encourage peace and harmony. They're the ones who declare war on other cultures (Islamic "Jihad" against the "Christian West") or against political perspectives (American conservative Christianity's "culture war" against secular liberalism). The religion itself may tell you to commit atrocities against other people, but ultimately it is you who decides whether or not you're going to obey it or teach other religious followers to obey it.

Of course, the world would be much better off without Islam, but then the world would be much better off without any organised religion at all. This, among many other things, is the sort of bullshit people use it to justify; without the lame excuse of "God commands it!" on anyone's side, people will finally be forced to accept personal responsibility for their own inexcusable actions and the world will be a better place.

18. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Oh, no, if a pengiun was illogical, it would be extinct by now. Since it managed to adapt and survive in its environs, it is a perfectly logical organism.

Deities, however, are not. Do you actually expect me to believe that some magical force created the universe, that the earth is only 6000 years old, and that an immortal, allseeing, allpowerful god actually exists? Bull-McFucking-shit.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Muslim is just a kid. Poor kid. I feel for him. Mainly pity. Read his posts. He's mired in illogic and mysticism. Shame.

20. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

So how can we help him? He looks entirely conditioend and brainwashed by Islamic propaganda, that is a difficult barrier to penetrate if he has been conditioned from birth and hasn't learnt to think yet.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I think it's the same old story. Muslim appears to be a product of his environment. A very hard thing to break free from unless, like many of us here, he has the wherewithal to admit to himself the baseless nature of his current beliefs. Muslim would have to first see that he has zero real evidence for his beliefs. Then he'd have to take the further step in realizing that a faith based life is a life with less meaning and potential than just about any other way of living.

22. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Quite simply there is no evidence to even remotely suggest that 'God' exists and plenty of evidence to contradict EVERY single religion's claim of 'God'.

My motivation would be to follow my interests and passions. I really don't consider what life would be like with 'belief'. I consider all the time what everyones life would be like without 'belief'.

I don't fear death. I do to some degree fear the experience of dying... or at the very least don't look forward to that.

Why not declare a Jihad against them?

Last time I checked, most human atrocities were religiously motivated. 911, crusades, etc. I don't think something like that has ever been atheist backed.

How about we just obliterate all religion and then there won't be any more problem? Seriously, 'believers' are a dying breed. The atheistic population is growing and once we figure out a good appeal to emotion then religion is pretty much hosed (you can kiss Allah, Jehova, and all the other fantasies goodbye).

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Aye, we desperately need a good propaganda campaign. That whole "Bright" thing was an abortion.