Atheists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Muslim, Feb 20, 2006.

1. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

No. Yet.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

What do you mean?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Have there been any major incidents in the US where atheists were persecuted?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Regulus There are no accidents. Registered Senior Member

Indeed.

And Bush is not really Christian, it's just another way of trying to get Christians on his side. It's all a ruse.

It really sickens me how he's doing this.

Bush: "Jesus is my favorite philosopher"

He's not a God damned philosopher you twit!

8. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Not major but if your a known atheist you will probably get property damage (as i stated). And when it gets reported to the police they say they will do an investigation and some how no one ever gets charged.....

9. Regulus There are no accidents. Registered Senior Member

Hm, and I thouht homosexuals got the most abuse here, seems Athiests are getting just as much.

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Seems like wikipedia is the new improved Bible

12. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Ha...homos dont know persecution. Homosexuals even though are persecuted they still have there freinds outisde of homosexuality (the heavy news coverage of homo persecution). Atheists on the other hand....well we only have other atheists.

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Ha. Maybe.

I know of no large scale "persecution" of atheists in the current US in the way you may be thinking of it.

14. Regulus There are no accidents. Registered Senior Member

Hey hey lol, I'm not an athiest, and I'll befriend anyone

Though I am geneally not religious, I just believen a higher being.

I happen to agree on this. Though Wikipedia boasts EXTREMELY reliable, and very convenient, it's reasonably infered that seeing as it's writen by everyday users like ourselves, there's no actual proof becuz not all of it is cited.

I generally use it alot becuz of the success rate, becuz so for it's proved useful to me.

15. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

There are some good theists but most of them veiw atheists as the very pinacle of evil. :bugeye:

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hey don'y generalize; you need to move from wherever you are!!

18. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

thus the stupidty of our system. They say you can have a secular version and swear on the constitution but most courts dont even have a constitution and you are just told to swear to the flag. And most of the time your testimony is useless becuase the jury just reguards you as a lying peice of scum. (You can tell by the looks on there faces)

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Only this: That the government shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion. Most support for the intentions of the framers comes form other documentation they wrote.

Yes. (see SS's response).

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Spiritual Spy:
    Over here it's generally considered "quaint" to have religion. About on a par with a loopy old aunt living in the spare bedroom - it happens but normally not brought up in conversation.
    For most of my life atheism (or at least non-practising believers - "Umm well I never really thought about it but there probably is god") has been the norm for the vast majority of people I meet.
    And here I was thinking the TV shows over here that show US evangelism were demonstrating a fringe thing.
    Although that would explain why the few American people we've had over to work in the office seemed sort of freaked out with a normal night out's discussion and attitudes - I'd always assumed they were a statistically small sample and we'd got the short end of the stick when representatives were chosen to be sent over.

21. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

The US is considered one of the most non-secular developed nations in the world. Shame.

22. spiritual_spy SN0W_F0X Founder Registered Senior Member

Appreciate that and be glad you dont live in the US.

Your shunned from society if you debate god over here.(Most of the time but not always so that way im not generalizing the good theists)

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

SS is correct. I openly admit my atheism to coworkers (ones I know well enough that is) and even if they aren't particularly religious, they get sort of quiet and almost embarressed. The religious indoctrination is that strong over here.