Athiesm Question

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by MangoMan, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Please correct me if I am wrong....

......but isn’t the big bang supposed to be the cause or kick start to the theory of evolution, and after some time, the action of various forms of energy, namely ultr-violet rays from the sun, lightening, ionizing radiation, and heat, caused basic molecules to combine together forming simple organic compounds. And from that, over time, came more complex organisms, which eventually created life. And all this came about through blind chance.

If that is the case, the explosion or big-bang must be the percieved original cause.
    I can understand that there was, what must have been a big bang, not to create but to annihilate, in the ancient vedic text known as Bhagavad Gita, the Lord says:

This material nature, which is one of My energies, is working under My direction, producing all moving and non-moving beings. Under its rule this manifestation is created and annihilated again and again.
    BG. 9:10.

Speaking from an objective point of veiw, it seem that the big bang in question, was the actual annihilation of the last manifested universe, after which creation again resumed.

What are your views on this.

Love.

Jan Ardena.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Scientists have been partly responsible for many deaths, for example, the atom bomb, the planes that crashes (into buildings), weapons of warfare and mass destruction, viruses, mal practice, abortions, the pill, animal experiments, the list goes on and on.

Yes, they have been partly responsible for some of those deaths, but that's a far cry from "lashing out with brutality and fear".

That is a theory, which means as a scientist you cannot see it as a fact. There is nothing that says this actually happened.

No, I can't. But religion is also a theory, so I cannot see that as fact either. So it seems I have to chose between two theories, I chose the theory of evolution and the big bang. Therefor, I have an idea of how it all started.

How do you know that?

How do I know? Because if one was to fully understand religion they would fully understand God. But after all, "God works in mysterious ways" does he not?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.