Attorney General William Barr suspected that Trump was bein less than honest.!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cluelusshusbund, Jun 28, 2021.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

"Former Attorney General William Barr, in a newly released book excerpt, said he suspected then-President Donald Trump's claims of widespread election fraud were "all bullsh*t," but that he launched unofficial inquiries into some of them to appease his boss."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/27/politics/william-barr-trump-election-claims-break/index.html

I knew it -- i knew it (felt it in my gizzard)... that the election fraud calmes wasnt true... an i thank Bar is tellin the truth... how about you.???

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sculptor Valued Senior Member

WOW
    A politician "less than honest"
    gee
    whodathunkit

candy likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

So you voted for Trump, happy in the knowledge that he is a compulsive liar, did you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. geordief Valued Senior Member

Alternately(he also gave the thumbs up to our old friend Muammar Gadaffi-did a lot of good for his people it seems)

8. billvon Valued Senior Member

This is a pretty standard approach for Trump supporters.

A democrat lies: "See? Liberals are compulsive liars. They can't handle truth! It's sad; I feel sorry for them that they have to be so dishonest. That's why I am an ethical, truth-loving conservative."
    Trump lies: "Well, all politicians do it. No biggie. Happens all the time."

exchemist likes this.
  9. candy Valued Senior Member

I feel that politician is a synonym for professional liar.
    Trump joined his affinity group when he went into politics.
    Both parties have been caught for lies.
    I wish that reporter was not becoming a synonym for liar.

sculptor likes this.
  10. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

In law school are you taught to lie on purpose?

Like, if the accused says to you: "ya, I did that shit, but I burnt everything so no DNA," are you still taught to get a confessed killer off?

Or, just be taught to follow the money, wherever it blows?

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, an honest lawyer and an old drunk are walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a hundred dollar bill. Who gets it? The old drunk, of course, the other three are fantasy creatures.

12. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Might depend on jurisidiction. In the UK you can still attempt to get the killer off if you so wish, but you can also withdraw from the case (unless it prejudices the case). There are certain things the lawyer can't do, though, such as suggest someone else is guilty, or any other defence that is inconsistent with the confession. You can still try to win the case, though, by showing the prosecution haven't proven their case beyond reasonable doubt, or through a technicality etc. But basically if they confess to their lawyer then the lawyer can't lie in court, can't raise evidence they know to be false, but they also are not obliged to reveal the actual confession.
    So in your example the lawyer wouldn't be able to suggest that someone else was guilty, or try to suggest that the defendent was elsewhere at the time. It makes the defence trickier for sure, and limits the lines of defence.
    Not sure about how it works in the US, though.

exchemist likes this.
  13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I would pomder if these fantasy creatures are morel or not.

"What is moral?" would maybe be a good question.

14. exchemist Valued Senior Member

The usual lazy cynicism from people who do not know what they are talking about.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Every lawyer I have dealt with - and I have had dealings with four or five - has been a model of honesty. Since their job is to give legal advice, to keep their clients in compliance with the law, this should not be surprising.

sculptor likes this.
  15. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yep. I've also met a few local politicians - and they are decent, hardworking people.

exchemist and sculptor like this.
  16. sculptor Valued Senior Member

pssst
    (that was a joke)
    (maybe not a very good one?)

17. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Morality, like legality differs from place to place

It seems that morality and legality are, quite often, 2 distinct things
    though, the latter, quite often, claims to evolve from the former

(personally:
    I do not think that there is a universal answer to your question)

18. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

So you're disposed to a certain ambiguity.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  19. sculptor Valued Senior Member

more precisely
    I am disposed to reality(as I see it)
    and
    if that seems ambiguous
    so be it

being a midwestern man of conservative(not political) upbringing
    I would not presume to inflict my concept of morals/morality on anyone else

IMHO that would be immoral
    that belief has served to my detriment more'n once
    and yet
    i would not change it

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I thank Trump got it right today by callin out Bar as a RINO an a Trump-Hater.!!!

Yep… that William Bar… he sure fooled Trump… well hell he fooled all of us… well not all of us just the Trumpsters... into believin that mass fraud was very likely due to all the mail in votes… an then after the election Bar was goin along wit the big Lie that Biden didnt win fair an square an boy was Trump proud of him.!!!

But aparently it was all a big ruse by Bar just to pop Trumps bubble by finally tellin the truth.!!!

Seems like a lot the best an brightest Trump surrounded hisself wit turned out to be Dum-Azz Trump-Hatin RINOS.???

What coud have caused so many of ‘em to turn on Trump… surly thers some common denominator but i just cant seem to put it all together.!?!?!

geordief likes this.
  21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

22. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

A lie is as good as the truth if you can get people to beleive it... an that alone keeps 43% of the Trumpsters hooked... an the other 67% like what Trump says cause "he says it like it is"... which translates to::: "I hear you'r racist, bigoted, sexist message an im lovin it".!!!

Write4U likes this.
  23. sculptor Valued Senior Member

• "If you like your healthcare plan, you'll keep your healthcare plan, period" - Barack Obama in 2013, rated Lie of the Year by PolitiFact
    • "We've removed an ally of al-Qaeda and… no terrorist network will gain weapons of destruction from the Iraqi regime because the regime is no more" - George W Bush in 2003
    • "A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not" - Ronald Reagan in 1987 on the Iran-Contra scandal
    • "No-one in the White House staff, no-one in this Administration, presently employed, was involved in this very bizarre incident" - Richard Nixon in 1972 on Watergate
    • Dwight Eisenhower approved statements claiming an American U-2 spy plane shot down by the Soviets in 1960 was just a weather research aircraft, later acknowledging this was a lie and his "greatest regret"
    • "The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base" - Harry Truman in 1945, but the target was actually a city and most of the 140,000 or so people who died were civilians
    • "Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars" - Franklin Delano Roosevelt to voters in 1940, even as he flexed his political muscles to confront Nazi Germany
    • Mexico "has invaded our territory and shed American blood upon the American soil" - James Polk in his 1846 war message to Congress, about an attack he had provoked in what was actually disputed territory
    All politicians lie
    and
    Presidents may lie more than most
    It's what they do to control the people