Aung San Suu Kyi.. The Fall of a Human Rights Icon..

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Bells, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

so you are not insinuating, you are actually accusing her of what exactly?

That she was happy about loosing her long term legal council, the one she depended upon to reform the nations constitution at her governments request. A constitution installed by military Junta and maintained by militry Junta.
    • You accuse her of neglecting her duties as a leader for all people in Myanmar and not just the Rohingya.
    • You accuse her of being racially motivated in a nation that has been at war with itself for centuries.
    • You accuse her of cowardice by not attending a funeral, when the security of her entire extremely troubled nation is in the wind.
    What is wrong with you?
    The woman is grieving and she can not even go to her friends funeral or even speak about him publicly for fear of destroying the only hope her nation has, that being Suu her self.

You accuse her by relying on media hysterics, ignorance of situation and dependency on a failed UN and it's ignorant reports.
    Suu could have been the God mother to the child her friend was holding when he was assassinated. for all you know.. did you even consider that through your intensely cynical tinted glasses?

• Bells has obviously no idea what the burden of leadership involves.
    Guilty as charged by the court of public opigion.... (opinion given in ignorance)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

you would be surprised at the evidence I have... but it is not you that is the concern. It is more "why you are allowed to do it and get away with it" that is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Do what exactly?
    Die like Gandhi perhaps...
    What was her answer to the question raised?
    "Why haven't you died like Gandhi?"
    If you do not know the answer, she gave, then you have failed to research the subject properly.

But all the same
    What exactly do you feel she should do about the situation in Myanmar?
    And most importantly: How is she to do it?

Should she abandon her post and go live in the Bahamas... leaving the nation to total anarchy.

When you respond with a blank "I don't know" you will get the picture....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

which as I said, actually supports my position more than it does yours...
    here is the Summary section just to show the readers the detail you so rely upon.

Summary - Report dated: 12-09-2018 39 session Human rights council item 4

The Human Rights Council established the independent international fact-finding mission on Myanmar in its resolution 34/22. In accordance with its mandate, the mission focused on the situation in Kachin, Rakhine and Shan States since 2011. It also examined the infringement of fundamental freedoms, including the rights to freedom of expression, assembly and peaceful association, and the question of hate speech. The mission established consistent patterns of serious human rights violations and abuses in Kachin, Rakhine and Shan States, in addition to serious violations of international humanitarian law. These are principally committed by the Myanmar security forces, particularly the military. Their operations are based on policies, tactics and conduct that consistently fail to respect international law, including by deliberately targeting civilians. Many violations amount to the gravest crimes under international law. In the light of the pervasive culture of impunity at the domestic level, the mission finds that the impetus for accountability must come from the international community. It makes concrete recommendations to that end, including that named senior generals of the Myanmar military should be investigated and prosecuted in an international criminal tribunal for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.
    Is Suu or her Government even mentioned? Nope!

• As I agree fully with the recommendations does that make me a person carrying water for a genocidal regime?

Can you not get past your poisonous approach and actually deal with the fact that the military is not UNDER Suu's Governmental control?

• Is you mind so disturbed that you can not see, what is even alluded to in the report by omitting any mention of Suu, that the military are being accused of what amounts to genocide and ethnic cleansing...and NOT Suu or her Government?
    • Can you not see how you posting this link actually helps my case and adds further concern as to your competency?

Are you capable of admitting a mistake... are you capable of apologizing for it?

if not then we shall continue until you do.. I guess...

8. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

It is sad, to realize that organizations like the UN, Amnesty International, Human Rights watch etc do so much harm to their cause by overly conflating an issue that is subsequently being discovered by the global population as being false. It destroys their credibility and makes people indifferent, further exasperating the human rights situation on this planet.
    The situation In Myanmar is a classic case where by the media went into over kill, Amnesty joined in the hysterics, the UN followed soon after and now we have 1 million or so lost souls living in surprisingly self ordered conditions in Bangladesh, still deprived of any citizenship what so ever threatened with forced repatriation to a murderous military or some "prison camp" established on some island in the Bay of Bengal.

It is a significant credit to the Rohingya that they have manged to maintain themselves as they have, under extremely trying conditions.
    There are solutions to this dilemma.
    The first is to grant the Rohingya International citizenship care of the UN. With out prejudicing the claims they may have upon Myanmar.
    At least then they would be legally citizens of this planet and afforded protection and mobility as such. The Rohingya would then be able to apply for asylum in a less complicated manner as citizens of the world and not unknowns.

9. Bells Staff Member

Oh, so you did not get past the introduction?

You missed the part where they literally name her as having contributed to the genocide through the spread of propaganda and denying access to investigators? Which has been quoted numerous times now.

How about the part where the recommendations, where they name the generals who should face trial, and also clearly state that civilian politicians should also face trial for their part in the genocide?

The sheer breath of your dishonesty knows no bounds, does it?

So at the end of the day, the question that should be asked is why do you have the need to lie so much?

I don't get it? What's in this for you? Why do you do it?

More importantly, why are you falling on your own sword for someone the UN and others have proven to have contributed to genocide? Leaving your obvious sexist stereotypes aside, I am curious as to why you are doing this?

What's in it for you?

Would you defend her like this if her victims were not Muslims? Why do you support the expulsion of Burmese Muslims by declaring they should somehow be given 'world wide citizenship', instead of being allowed to return to their homeland and given back their citizenship, which was stripped from them? Why do you use the execution of her supposed former ally, a Muslim who challenged the Government about the rights of Muslims in the country, someone she did not even attend the funeral for or speak of his execution or denounce it for weeks and weeks as though it is a trump card, to the point where you even posted the image of the man being executed, to defend her?

Why do you lie so much?

Are you even capable of answering those questions, QQ?

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Your incompetence is astounding...
    It wasn't an introduction. It was a summary. Big difference!

• Bells can not admit her mistakes
    • Bells will not apologize for her argumentum ad hominem?
    • Is it impossible for you to do either?

another attempt to poison when in fact it is yourself you are poisoning..
    You have accused the UN of incompetence by suggesting that their Summary was incorrectly authored.
    You claim a Summary to be an introduction which is plainly ridiculous.
    Then you accuse me of lying....

Is there no limit to your slander and exhibitions of your obvious problems with self esteem and vanity?

Unlike you I care about real human rights, you know of the kids held in cages being forced to cultivate poppy.
    The adults and children that are forced into prostitution to support drug cartel members whims.
    The persons that have been slaughtered while people such as you wave your hands about only making things worse.

From what I have read of your posts you would never be able to understand so wrapped up in gossip, bad comprehension and a hopeless poisonous approach to life.

You never give up do you...?
    How dare you suggest in your typical style that I am being racist. My best friend is a devout Muslim.

Here is a recent picture to add to your list of people to poison...
    Say hello to
    [Image and name deleted]

How dare you use your own self declared racial bias towards Muslims as an excuse to slander someone else.
    Don't you believe the persecuted Christian minority or the other minorities in Myanmar deserve a voice...
    And you have the audacity to claim I am being racists with your poisonous lies and innuendo..
    Shame on you Bells shame on you....
    Btw Hussein says "Hi" and is reading your BS right now...

I am but a mere reflection of your soul... so why do you lie so much Bells?

obviously ... can you rephrase that so it makes sense?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2019
  11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

For those that are seriously interested in why I might be so passionate about Myanmar I can simply state the following.
    • To act as a voice for those who are voiceless...
    • To defend those who can not defend themselves
    • To provide empathy and solace when confronted with such tragedy and trauma.
    • To discover the truth in an ocean of lies.

A few of the principles I go by....

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Now the reason Why I posted Guzman El- Cappo....in part was because there appears to be progress being made in shutting down the cartels linkage with the Golden Triangle.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This bodes well as a significant amount of Maynmars cartel influence was being channeled through this person and it means the FBI and international law enforcement are making progress which ultimately aids the people of Myanmar.

The only way to improve conditions in Myanmar is to do what Suu and her Government are trying to do, that is provide infrastructure that leads to employment opportunities that prevent citizens from needing the Cartels to survive.
    The Rohingya crisis was started by an attack on a police station by what has been claimed and not proven to be Muslim extremists. There is reason to believe that this attack was designed to destroy any progress the Suu Government was making, to foment racial and religious hostilities, so that the Rohingya who oppose narcotic production could be force-ably removed from Rhakine state so that growth of the local cartel could be achieved.

Since the "eviction" of the Rohingya with all the associated atrocities illegal drug production has massively increased as much as 400%.
    It serves the cartels agenda to make it appear as genocide or ethnic cleansing as it destabilizes the governments agenda even more so.
    So while the world is focused on alleged genocide and like Bells accuse Suu of doing nothing to stop genocide and ethnic cleansing the Drug cartels are growing exponentially.

By accusing Suu of genocide the world can not offer assistance to stop what is actually going on.
    So Bells in her hysterical attempt to poison every one is actually aiding ruthless and brutal drug cartels achieve their agenda.

Leaving Suu stranded and very much alone in a sea of hostility and the only real hope Myanmar has.
    They gave her the Nobel for a reason. They do not give them lightly.

So quick to turn away and poison the well Bells... shame on you!

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Bells,
    What would you do in Suu's position?
    I am just curious ...

14. Bells Staff Member

Ya. The summary was the introduction.

Once again, you did not get past it and read the complete report?

For all of your ranting, you still failed to answer that basic question.

Why are you misrepresenting what was said in that report?

And are you paying Tiassa royalties for your repeated use of his argument in the other thread?

Oh look more lies.

Where have I accused the UN of "incompetence"? Can you show me where?

Do you mean this?

You are the one throwing the accusations around, QQ.

Stop lying.

What I asked you was whether you have read the report, which you have avoided answering for quite a while now, because you cannot get past the introduction and the little summary box at the start. In doing so, you have repeatedly misrepresented what was stated in that report. Why do you do this?

So the Rohingya genocide is not "real human rights" to you?

Do you consider the UN reports and other reports from human rights organisations to be "gossip"?

Because you have yet to provide anything factual to support your claims and arguments. Why is that?

So he's your 'I have black friends' response? How unusual..

Does Hussein know that you are spreading fake anti-Muslim propaganda online, by inferring and insinuating that Muslims set fire to Notre Dame? Going to guess his lovely smile would disappear if he was aware of the bigoted rubbish you have been posting here of late.

Is this you not being a bigot right now?

If you want to discuss the persecuted Christian minority in Burma, have at it. Aung San Suu Kyi is silent about them too, particularly if they are not light skinned.

You sure you want to go there? Because that would just open you up for supporting that as you have been supporting her contribution to genocide by providing excuses, defending it, and coming up with ridiculous scenarios not based on fact to do so.

Soul?

Given that I am an atheist, why do you think I have a soul?

I have not lied, QQ. Your behaviour and your lies are on full show. And if you think I am the only one who knows this, then you are very much mistaken. Everyone who has had the unfortunate experience of having to discuss anything with you has noticed just how dishonest you are.

Isn't that your shtick? You know, changing people's words around to suit your narrative...

What?

This is absolute rubbish. You are suggesting that genocide is somehow necessary to improve conditions? And why are you connecting a South American drug cartel to the "Golden Triangle" which doesn't really involve itself with Cappo?

Why are you changing the subject? And why are you now using this to excuse and defend genocide?

"The Rohingya crisis" as you put it, has been ongoing for decades. They have been stripped of their citizenship, denied recognition as people and denied their fundamental human rights. The genocide started long before this latest attack, with attempts by the Government to restrict birth rates, incarcerating them in concentration type camps where they are slow starved to death, forced from their homes, attacked, where propaganda describing them as animals is the norm. And you think all this just recently started?

Your describing it as an "eviction".. What?

It's a genocide.

It is ethnic cleansing.

Tell me, when you call it an "eviction", is this another example of you not denying genocide?

When you infer that they are involved in the production of drugs and apparently connected to the South American cartels and inferring they are Muslim extremists, is this you not being a bigot?

When you openly state things like this:

It serves the cartels agenda to make it appear as genocide or ethnic cleansing as it destabilizes the governments agenda even more so.

And then in the next sentence refer to it as an "alleged genocide", is this another example of you not denying what is happening in your avid support of a genocidal regime, both military and civilian who the UN have found are committing acts of genocide?

You know, snark aside, you have once again proven yourself to be a despicable human being. You rely on bigoted tropes and arguments, to the point where you trot out your "Muslim friend" and even post his photo on this site (what the hell is wrong with you dude?).. Does he know you plastered his image in a discussion where you are inferring bad things about Muslims, QQ?

For goodness sake, there is no end to the repulsive way you actually conduct yourself on this website.

I would suggest you remove his photo from your post. Or ask another staff member to do so.. Because we both know if I edit that post and remove his photo and his name from your post, you will pitch a fit and accuse me of abusing my moderator power. Given the manner in which you have posted all sorts of ridiculous and dangerous false propaganda about Muslims in the Notre Dame thread and elsewhere, I would strongly recommend you remove his image and other things like his name from your post because you are literally opening him up to vitriol because of what you have posted on this website.

15. Bells Staff Member

That has already been covered.

1. Cease and desist in genocide.

This would mean a cessation of spreading propaganda and stopping the avid support for the "cleansing operation" (ie genocide).
    2. Reassert the citizenship of the Rohingya and other marginalised and abused groups in Myanmar - to ensure their fundamental human rights are protected.
    3. Stop practices that restrict access to education, medical care, housing, employment for the Rohingya and other marginalised groups.
    4. Allow UN investigators to have full access to the region as the Rohingya are allowed to return home. Also release the reporters who have been arrested and jailed for reporting on the Genocide.
    5. Turn herself and others in her Government in to the ICC for hearings about her part in the genocide.

For a start.

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

How are you going to do that?

17. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

The reason I do not lie on this forum is because if I get caught I will most likely be banned.
    The reason you lie on this forum is because you can do so with impunity.

You are above the forum law Bells... use it wisely...

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I was unaware that Suu or even the corrupt military had been convicted of anything.... do you have any evidence to support that?
    Or are you excising your liar impunity again?

Don't worry... I wont report you to the mods... It would achieve very little due to your privileged immunity status....

19. Bells Staff Member

Still avoiding answering the questions?

Noted.

You did not read the report.

So why are you commenting on it?

20. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I am not commenting on it because I am talking to someone who does not know the difference between a Summary and an Introduction on an official communication.

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

How are you going to achieve this?

22. Bells Staff Member

You did not even know that it was the report, until it was pointed out to you multiple times.

You then read the introduction, or wait, the little summary, and did not read the complete findings in the report.

What did you call it?

Ah yes.. "the PDF file".. And then without having read its contents, went on to argue that it is not a genocide, made ridiculous excuses and leaps about the genocide.. Referred to genocide as an "eviction".. And this is after you had the temerity to say that the report agreed with you? The very report that detailed genocide in the region?

My advice, stop commenting on something you clearly do not understand, and given you appear to be living your life in some sort of fantasy land, it is probably best that you not comment on something you clearly know nothing about.

I assume that is self explanatory.

How does one not participate in genocide, for example, QQ?

Do you need instructions on how to not participate in a genocide? That isn't clear for you? I mean, the UN and others have already found that her participation took the form of running propaganda against the Rohingya to aid and abet the genocide. How about 'ummmmmm' she stop doing that? You know, it's not actually that hard to not contribute to genocide. It entails not acting like a hateful and bigoted dick.

Do you need clear cut instructions on reinstating people's citizenship?

What part of " Stop practices that restrict access to education, medical care, housing, employment for the Rohingya and other marginalised groups." was not clear enough for you that you need instructions on how to reverse such policies?

23. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Here is the summary staring me in the face off the pdf file again:

Summary
    The Human Rights Council established the independent international fact-finding mission on Myanmar in its resolution 34/22. In accordance with its mandate, the mission focused on the situation in Kachin, Rakhine and Shan States since 2011. It also examined the infringement of fundamental freedoms, including the rights to freedom of expression, assembly and peaceful association, and the question of hate speech. The mission established consistent patterns of serious human rights violations and abuses in Kachin, Rakhine and Shan States, in addition to serious violations of international humanitarian law. These are principally committed by the Myanmar security forces, particularly the military. Their operations are based on policies, tactics and conduct that consistently fail to respect international law, including by deliberately targeting civilians. Many violations amount to the gravest crimes under international law. In the light of the pervasive culture of impunity at the domestic level, the mission finds that the impetus for accountability must come from the international community. It makes concrete recommendations to that end, including that named senior generals of the Myanmar military should be investigated and prosecuted in an international criminal tribunal for genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.

Now what part of "should be investigated " don't you understand...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.