Authority of the scriptures...

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Baldeee, May 5, 2016.

1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Haha yes you were rather obviously coat-trailing for Jan with this thread, but I bet he won't play. This is a discussion I think he will want to avoid - his frequent accusations that others are "afraid" to think, of this and that, notwithstanding.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. timojin Valued Senior Member

I voted for Trump , not because he have a plan or program. I voted because I am tired of political BS of the 2 Party politician that play a game between them selve and don't give much about the people
    In the past a rise of a third party was initiated by Ross Parrott but it did not get any place .

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Figures.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Spiritual people often like to play with Pandora's Box.

8. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

In Trumps favour he is not a professional politician but that does not mean it will result in benefit to "the people".
    Politics is all about how you slice up the pie it is not about feeding the hungry, housing the homeless or healing the sick unless there is a powerful lobby group pushing either of those addenda.
    I hope he gets in and builds his great wall it will make a great tv show and in time it can be used to keep people in... Just in case folk may start to want to leave.
    Alex

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

I think Carlin had the perfect solution to all our problems:

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

He and Donald share the same script writer... is that what you are saying?
    Alex

11. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Maybe The Donald saw this clip and said; "Hey, that's not a bad idea, instead of deporting 10 million illegal aliens, why don't we fence them in, we did it before with native Americans". Of course at that time we were the illegal aliens.

Oh and during WWII we *interned* legal Japanese US citizens.

Actually, such conditions effectively still exist with Puerto Rico, where Puerto Ricans are US citizens, but without the Constitutional rights of other US citizens, because of *cultural* differences. Ain't that a crock?.

Personally I find that very disturbing.

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

OK, but he's playing a different game. It's the acquisition of power game.

13. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Yes, in view that Ross Parrott never existed and there is no word "them selve".

14. timojin Valued Senior Member

Perhaps the Puerto Rican prefer to be the way they are , otherwise their identity, like the native American

15. timojin Valued Senior Member

Are you implying Ross Parrott never existed ?

16. Write4U Valued Senior Member

The name is Ross Perot, not Parrot.

17. Write4U Valued Senior Member

You better read up on the news about Puerto Rico, and their rights as US citizens.
    And while you're at it look up Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Marianas, U. S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.
    All these US citizens can fight for the US, but they can't even vote.
    http://www.classbrain.com/artaskcb/publish/article_189.shtml

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  18. Baldeee Valued Senior Member

Please can we keep this on topic.
    Interesting may people's views on us politics be, they have naff-all to do with the thread.
    Thanks.

Yazata likes this.
  19. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Sorry for the diversion. It was just intended as a historical correction. As a legal permanent resident myself, I avoid political speech as much as possible.

20. Yazata Valued Senior Member

Jan certainly claims that, arguing that all 'scriptures' contain/reveal the same definition of 'God'. But that's an expression of Jan's own beliefs and of the teaching of the tradition that Jan has been most influenced by (I believe that Jan is a Hari Krishna).

In real life, not all religious scriptures even have a single creator-god. The Buddhist canons (there are several Buddhist canons containing many thousands of 'scriptures') don't.

The 'scriptures' that do have a single creator-god don't always describe that god the same way. In some cases, the original gods gave birth to a whole race of subsequent gods, so having an initial cosmic progenitor doesn't necessarily imply monotheism.

Nor do the traditions that recognize these various 'scriptures' as authoritative believe that all of the creator figures in other traditions' scriptures are all identical with their own. It will be hard to find a Jew or a Christian who believes that Tiamat, the primordial goddess of chaos in the Enuma Elish, or her son Apsu who created heaven and earth, are somehow identified with Yahweh from the Hebrew scriptures.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/enuma.htm