Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by spuriousmonkey, May 26, 2004.

1. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ok, OK. I´ll change it. Give me a few seconds.

......And it is done!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

what's wrong with it? looks coolto me

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

or was it some avatar I didn't notice...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Obviously someone cannot stand animated gifs with red lettering on black ground.

I also liked it *sniff*

8. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Just a question, would my former avatar be all right if I make it changing slower?

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

This one is nice too..

which brings us back to the original post in this thread:

Please don't change the avatar all the time (except when someone insists).

10. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Porfiry, if you don't speak up, I'm going to tell on you! Everyone thinks I'm horrible.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I don't think so.

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I do not seem to understand?

13. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Animated avatars cause Teri to have epileptic seizures...

...actually she hates me because I made her get rid of her animated avatar. And because I'm actually pretty easy to hate. Teri on the other hand is easy to love, and so I hereby proclaim that everyone on sciforums does not think Teri to be horrible. If anyone dislikes Teri, it's off to Gitmo for them.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ok, I love teri sooo much, it´s unbelievable.

There is no one I like more than teri!

15. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Okay, I'll have to explain, and in doing so, feel very silly for being such a goody-two-shoes. (by the way I don't know if you've heard of that expression but it means basically being a good girl).
    Porfiry sent me a PM asking me to change my avatar because it was too big and it was animated. As the obedient soul I am, I immediately proceeded to do so, even though that avatar took me roughly a year to work out how to make it and place in my profile, (I'm not computer savvy, so that avatar was a very big deal for me back then.)
    HOWEVER, weeks have passed, and everyone -well a lot of you- have still got animated avatars, some of which are also big.
    Now that I have deleted mine, I have no idea how to make a new one and stick it in my profile. So I'm miffed at Porfiry and jealous of everyone who still has an avatar. Any avatar, big, small, animated, not animated -turns my fingers green with envy.
    That's the sorry tale of my avatar. I hope this reads okay, I basically just feel like an idiot with no avatar.

Cheers
    Teri
    Add a smiley face too if you like, I would have put one in if I had posted in the advanced mode.

16. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Gee whiz, I spent all that time explaining, and there's a whole conversation going on!

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I understand. well, it took me about 10 minutes to make my former avatar with a programm Thor recommended me somewhere in this thread.
    No big deal if I have to use a static one. (This one I have made with MS paint and it took my about 20 seconds

)

Don´t be too envious, I still admire Spurious avatars myself because he´s quite skilled in making them

18. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Dreamwalker,
    I think your 20 second one is very artistic. Maybe I'll have a look at that MSpaint thingy.

Cheers
    Teri

19. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Our resident monkey is quite the artist. Maybe he'd consider making you an avatar, Teri. Whaddya say, spurious?

20. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Actually, I was just thinking that we've rudely strayed from the thread topic that poor spurious has submitted.

I agree Spur, I remember the avatars more easily than the names. There was a stage a while ago where avatars were an obsession and everyone wanted to out-do each other. If I finally do put a new picture in, I promise I'll leave it alone.

Cheers.
    Teri

21. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Sorry to piss you off Teri. But our avatars are under the agreed avatar file size limit so WE ROCK!

Toodles

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ak, the avatars aren't animated anymore!!!!!! NOOO!!!

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yeah, they are. I've noticed sometimes the avatars don't animate. I've always ascribed it to the fact that I'm downloading at the same time, as it takes forever to load a page sometimes. Feels like I'm on dial-up.

Porfiry,

Is my avatar ok? I stole it from an old thread.