baby names!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Apr 16, 2007.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thats a good post,

see to me names mean things in different ways also, i think honor is a good name for a child, or courage, but people have laughed at me for suggesting such names,

peace.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

There are names that mean "honor" and "courage".
    Have you looked at a name dictionary?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Britney spears

8. orcot Valued Senior Member

I knew 2 brothers named eder and balder I believe their good boy names considering you proposed zeus and apollo.
    If you don't have any example on what girls name to pick then you might propose your (grand)mothers name.
    ...Destiny seems a good middle name tough (be easy on those tough)

9. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

sounds to me like both your lady and yourself want this kid to get the shit kicked out of him on a daily basis, emptyforceofchi.

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

alot of the names i mentioned are in the book of cool names for babies, i got it free in a baby magazine,

i dunno i seriously thought my child would appreciate a strong different name, because i know hundreds of people with ordinary names and they hate them, and all say "i wish i had a cool name like so and so"

"i wish my name wasnt so boring"

i know a girl called jane and she always complains about her name, and in school people called her "plain jane" and she hated it so much,

i also know a guy called robert, his family is mixed italian and spanish, all of his older cousins and family members have names like, carlos, santos, geovani, rio, etc and he always complained and said, "why do i get the boring ordinary name" why does everybody else get a cool name like rio or carlos,.

so i guess you never know how the child will react to there name untill they make an opinion about it, and compare it to others,

i think thats the main concern, "comparison"

if a child is surrounded by people with names like bill, teb. ned, barry, bob etc and his name is hercules, then he will think he has a wierd name and hate it,

but if he is surrounded by people called, leonardo, magnus, athena, rico, drago, nepolian, then i think he probably wouldent mind,

then if you have a child called bob, and he is surrounded by people in school called, blade, justice, steel, warrior, magnum, etc then he will most likely think "why did i get the boring name why cant i have a cool name like that"

see what i mean, i think comparison and what others have matters more than anything when i a kid thinks he has a "cool" or "uncool" name,

peace.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

EmptyForceOfChi,
    I can't help but wonder what you would do if you had a son, and he was a punk.
    I mean a total, little weenie boy that no amount of martial arts training can help.

Or what if he is a total pacifist, and refuses to lay a hand on another human being in anger?
    What if he would rather sit under a tree and read and write poetry than be a warrior?

Do you have any respect for the Buddha?
    Would you have any respect for your son?

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

why is it acceptable to call someone something that means honor and courage, but not actualy call them honor and courage?

this is silly,

peace,

13. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

How 'bout Oglethorpe, or Farfel, or Gomer, or Genji?

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Ice would be a cool name.

15. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

This is why my girlfriend LOVES her name.
    He name is Elizabeth - so she pretty much got to choose her won name (and can change it if she wants to).
    Elizabeth can be shortened to Liz, Betty, Liza, Elise, Eliza, Beth, Betsey, Bess, Lil and more...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. FreeThinkers Registered Senior Member

For example, my name is Aoife which means 'beauty', I'm the oldest, my next sister is called Aine and her name means 'happiness', my brother Padraig is next and his name means 'special' and my youngest sister Bridgin's name means 'courage'. I know you'll probably have no idea of how to pronounce those but it's just an example. You could use names from English or a different language.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Falafel (girl). Kebab (boy).

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

It would be K-Billy-Bob in Texas.

19. orcot Valued Senior Member

Spawn?
    EmptyForceOfChi 2.0?

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Wrath of Chi

21. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you sound like my wife, i would respect him all the same, but i would be dissapointed i admit this, i hope he learns how to protect himself in self defence, especialy with the name he will be given he better know how to fight,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

peace.

23. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Perseas for a boy, Aphrodite for a girl.
    Kat for a boy or girl.
    Genesis for a boy or girl.
    Chi for a boy, Medusa for a girl.