Backgrounds in moderation

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by GeoffP, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gustav Banned Banned

ahh yes
    enmos
    the suffering
    the anguish
    he is the real victim in all this

/bitchslaps

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Gustav,
    you didn't answer these.

I'll go ahead and post them regardless.

From thread "Tiassa vs JamesR" at spurious forums:
    How about that?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

burning bridges, enmos?

/cackle

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You've got nothing to say about it?

He "fucked up" my account right after I replied to Chimpkin that I was a member there. I'm thinking he forgot.

8. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The sound of one hand clapping

In a normal world, sure.

But that doesn't seem to do much except make poor James feel even more like a victim.

If he was honest, we might see some useful produce in addressing these things in the back room.

Unfortunately, reality is not so accommodating.

The public infighting has grown out of a lack of utility about dealing with it quietly in the back.

I'm sorry to say I don't expect it to clear up anytime soon. The quickest way to the end is to leave only one side to have the argument. It's pretty much the same effect, anyway.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, what if all this current shit was all planned to work out this way?
    I know it's a pretty big assumption but, to me, it is starting to look that way.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Any number of directions

Well, there are a number of directions that can go. I'm curious as to your take.

In my view, I think this is a product of a process we started a long time ago. We've made a bunch of bad decisions over the years that have degraded the quality of discussion at this community, and in the process continually raised tensions among the staff.

We are fast approaching, or perhaps have already arrived, at a point where some are going to make a last stand on behalf of a community they have long held in great affection.

I remember when I was a kid, there was still a theoretic possibility that space was so curved that one could depart on a constant course out into the Universe, and, given enough time, come back around to their starting point without ever changing course. And here, for whatever it says about how I view this community, I need to disclaim that of course nobody presumed one would live long enough to complete that circuit.

But I'm pretty certain that theory died; the Universe is not, according to my understanding, donut-shaped.

Metaphorically, I do not see how we can get back to anything remotely resembling the Intelligent Community by continuing along our present course. We must necessarily change course if we intend to forestall the degradation of this community.

I was hoping we could make it to the mysterious software update, because some of the suggestions I've heard about it imply dramatic changes in site presentation and process. The update could, as such, change the whole context of our duties, and even make arguments like these obsolete. But that's a shiny-happy maybe. It's more a hopeful idea than anything else.

But it is my feeling that the community as it is, on the course we are following, with James at the helm, is pretty much doomed to wallow in stupid bullshit until the owners pull the plug.

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, for starters. It's seems that Gustav invented that spurious asked to be reinstated. What do you think would be the goal of that?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was wondering why people were posting in Geoff's boring whiny thread and...wtf happened here?

I think Gustav assumed spurious wanted to be reinstated considering JamesR had banned sock number 8434-309723672.329302 of spuriousmonkey after 4 years of spurious requesting a ban. Clearly it seems that the only way spurious can return - if at all, would be as spurious since all his clones will be terminated in the fetal stage when recognised by DNA testing

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I believe that's a bannable offense.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Have you read this thread?

Gustav says:
    "bells
    spurious came to me. in sci
    why the fuck would i pull this shit out of thin air?"

lol

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I would not care to hazard a guess, being a noob and all...
    Well, maybe Spurious was pulling Gus's leg ? Would he do that?:shrug:

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a noob as well

Could be, but then, why would he say on his own website that he didn't ask for it?

17. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Practical joke on Gus.
    was just a half-assed guess.

18. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I appreciate this admission of mistake. I also appreciate the admission that the quality has degraded. I've repeated this so many times that I'm starting to feel like a parrot with alzheimer's.

I wish that everyone would come to that realization, so that we could stop pretending that there is nothing wrong, and maybe work on making it better again.

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I think that playing this assumptions game is a bit silly.
    You know, people talk in private, too.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I've only ever said that it seems that way to me. I don't think you can blame me.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol They have IP-banned me. Is that what you were getting at, Varda?
    Perhaps they have something to hide...

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

As far as getting to any kind of further explanation of why I banned Gustav the first time for posting his advice to criminals, I'm still working my way through the ever-expanding list of vitriol from a bunch of people who show no common courtesy yet strangely expect instant responses from me.

At this point, I'd like to send a personal "Thankyou" to Enmos for shedding some truth-giving light onto the whole spurious-and-friends matter, and in particular on the way that Gustav is choosing to operate here.

More to come, in due course.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Here is an amazing fact: you can read a forum even if you cannot log in.

How about some "truth giving light" on the discussion on this topic in the mod forum? I promise to extend my deepest gratitude. I'm sure James will be equally delighted - apparently what is a bannable offense in others - note the official censorship of ************** [s p u r i o u s f o r u m s] - is cause for gratitude when it comes from you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.