Bad Logic

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh, Come on! Tony1 knows his stuff more than anyone here and no one should judge him simply becasue they disagree with him. Tony1 has a closed mind because he has his own beliefs that aren't like most people's here? I don't think so! I'm an atheist but I think it's funny that the person here with the most controversial beliefs is the person who has the most mainstream beliefs in terms of the whole world. No more cyber-slander, Banshee. Please.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Congrats Bartok Fiend Registered Senior Member

Sorry, Banshee. I think you're really admirable as far as Europeans go for not being really closed minded. But Tony1 has every right to have a mind, and it certainly isn't closed. I feel bad for him because you people dump crap on him so much.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sorry to offend you Congratulations, but I guess it would be better if there were a little less quotes and a little more of his own Inner input here at the Forums.

For the only answers posted are quotes from the bible or quotes by us.

Doesn't such human has a mind of his/her own?

Can't he/she give a good reply with discussion points in it?

Ever been at the Religion Forum?
    Go take a look, you shall understand what I mean.

There is nothing wrong with my former reply....really nothing.

I too have the right to speak up, just like that.

And I do respect it much more if someone speaks for him/herself in stead of always quoting a book or someone elses posts.

And I am sure Mr. Tony knows his lessons very well, but I prefer to hear more from himself then only the everlasting quotes.

By the way, I don't like to talk about another human here at the Forums without him/her being there at the moment.
    So I leave it this way.

This is for once I do speak of another human at the Forums without him being here and I don't like it, but you didn't give me much choice in this.

I really do respect everybody's opinion, if it is a good opinion, not only quotes with a little remark....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Some people love to hijak the topic. Best defense is to ignore them and continue on the conversation. Soon, they will get bored and move on. It takes a while for the new members to catch on to the topic blockers.

8. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I totally agree with Kmguru.

Can we go on with the discussion now please. I am getting so very tired of this nonsens in every thread I post.

9. esp Registered Senior Member

Banshee ---- Money

Money, so they say, is the root of all evil today....Pink Floyd.
    BUT IF YOU ASK FOR A RISE, IT'S NO SURPRISE IF THEY'RE GIVING NONE AWAY.

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

EXACTLY...AND THAT IS JUST WHAT I MEAN....
    The whole 'story':

Money, get away
    Get a good job with more pay and you're O.K.
    Money, it's a gas
    Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
    New car, caviar, four star daydream,
    Think I'll buy me a football team

Money get back
    I'm alright Jack keep your hands of my stack
    Money it's a hit
    Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
    I'm in the hi-fidelity first class travelling set
    And I think I need a Lear jet

Money it's a CRIME
    Share it fairly, but don't take a slice of my pie
    Money so they say
    Is the root of all evil today
    But if you ask for a rise it's no surprise that they're
    giving non away...

Quote by Pink Floyd.

BTW, I don't care about money. Just to pay the rent and buy food for my son and cats. If my son wants to have something, he can get it. So can my friends if they need it and I have it, without back payment. If the money is done, we just wait til the next pay check.

The rotten thing is that you have to use the money, it is needed now a days to stay alive...

11. esp Registered Senior Member

dominus exo deo

Just to get all religious, the way the bible puts it:

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

12. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yeah, get religious...Make my day...

Who invented money in the first place? Wasn't that a religious one?

RELIGION and MONEY are the root of all evil today. Look at all the d**n holy wars...they need a lot of money to keep that going on.

By the way, I'd love to see you at the Dark Side of the Moon...

13. esp Registered Senior Member

But you would agree that at the root of the greater evils are more often religious than financial causes?

14. esp Registered Senior Member

Nobody expects the Spainish Inquisition!

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Oh yes...I agree totally that the religious wars are playing the biggest roll in all the hateful destruction which is going on here on Earth.

Humans started their holy wars way back in time. Even before this jezus was known, the Romans were there with their gods and the Greek, for instance. The Romans wanted the Jews to believe in their gods. Then came jezus, who was just a Psychic by my means, and the Jews had a nice distraction in calling him the son of god. because of his abilities to heal humans and made more food and so on. (guess this jezus didn't know better and started to believe it himself)

The Jews are existing from the so called Sons of Abraham and according to their beliefs in that time, their god should send his son to Eart to release the humans from their so called sins.

Stays the question why this god had to send his son. Why didn't god himself come to Earth then?
    Perhaps he was stil tired of 'creating' his garden of eden and the Tree of wisdom from which the first man and woman he 'created' may not eat. If this was such a bad case, why did he 'create' this Tree then in the first place?
    And the Snake who told Eve to eat from it?
    Rather stupid of this god. He forgot to leave out curiosity by 'creating' these man and woman. Thought the garden of eden was supposed to be a paradise...

All these different godbelieving caused the holy wars and they are still going on, in a very terrible way.
    They fight eachother over the same god, but bended the rules and made some new rules and then you got the catholics, protestants and so on. All with their own kind of handling the 'holy' book the bible with its predictions of hell and doom.

Guess the holy wars are a constant factor of fights on Earth, because the godbelievers are arguing and fighting over this for ages now and it doesn't stop. Not in a long run.
    And because they have MONEY now, they have more and more destructive weapons to kill eachother...Oh, what joy...

The Spanish Inquisition was a real terror, though even out of their view of taking over other sinner countries and make sure the Spanish themselves could rule over these countries and force their kind of laws and believings up to the people living in those countries.

Wasn' t Columbus coming from there on his journey to discover a 'new' world?
    He came out in South America and the d**ned European invaders wiped out nearly an entire race. The Natives of the 'new' world Columbus had discovered. Very 'good' of them, really...

An entire civilization wiped out by some stupid sailors who accidently ran in to these Natives and wanted to have control. Isn't that what it's all about? All these wars, holy and not holy at the moment? To have complete control over other humans who think and live different?

Money plays a big part in these killings now a days. World leaders have acces to new inventions, made bigger and more destructive every time.

What will be the outcome in the end, when they really have a very rotten weapon, so destructive and powerful that they can't even imagine the damage they will bring to Earth and the human race...

'Sell your soul for complete control, is that really what you need'
    'You can lose yourself this night, See Inside, there is nothing to hide'
    'Turn and Face the Light...' Pink Floyd....The Division Bell.

16. Yogamojo Here's lookin' at you...? Registered Senior Member

"A Little Flaw I find..."

The elderly couple must have been of another persuasion aside from Jehovah's Witnesses, because JWs techings do not include heavenly hope for anyone, they teach that the reward for righteous behavior is "eternal life" on Earth, or immortality. So they were probably Mormons like the other people you met, who also do field ministry, or else the conversation must have gone a little differently, but I still get your point...

P.S. According to them, only 144,000 kings and elders will go, and supposedly most of them are already there. The rest of them stay here forever...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2001
  17. kmguru Staff Member

I have a book that has a cover pictuture that shows a kid playing with a tiger or lion in heaven by JW group. My incident was in 1977/78 time frame. So, may be the JWs have evolved...oops...changed....and good for them. If they are happy, I am happy. Peace and Love and Harmony to all....

18. esp Registered Senior Member

....is that really what you need?

Banshee

Banshee
    '.......What do you want from me?!'

That line from Division bell is just so accuratly desctriptive of the interaction of Religious violence with money.

Which is probably why you used it.

One more floydian quote:
    (Ok, two)

I used to look in on my children at night,
    In the glow of their Donald Duck light
    And frighten myself with the thought of my little ones burning
    (The tide is turning, KAOS, Roger Waters)

Cant you see, it all makes perfect sense,
    Expressed in dollars and cents, pounds shillings and pence
    (Our global anthem, Amused to death, Roger Waters)

19. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

'Amused To Death...'

Esp, great. Do you have them all either? I know every litlle thing about Pink Floyd and the albums from the very first beginning with Syd Barreth.

Wonderful lyric you give there. I play Roger Water's 'Amused To Death' c.d. nearly every day. Great Music, great lyrics. Do you have the newest c.d. already? Echoes, with a lot of their work on it, I have it downloaded at the computer and listen to it during replying. Great, really....

And almost every lyric can be written down under a Topic at Sciforums. What about 'What God Wants..', don't dare to write the lyrics of that one down...

Perhaps you do...Guess that is to much for the godbelievers and the money lovers at this thread.

And I do not want to upset them in any way...

As Kmguru said...if they are happy, let them be in peace and harmony with their beliefs...but it is tempting.

By the way, isn't it so that JW's go up in a flying object to be safed?

Or was that again another religious invention?

They really make it a farce sometimes.

Go for immortality...ridiculous...

Only in gods colored heaven?

And who are they to decide who is acting right and who is acting 'good' on this Earth, to be 'safed'???

'God wants seducion, god wants sex, god wants freedom(?) god wants semtex...' little bit of Roger Waters.

20. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Banshee
    And you better study some more about the Old Greeks and their civilization, for it is a lot older then your christianity and totally wiped away by the good, godloving christians.

And what a wipeout it was, too!!

Here's all that happened...

Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
    (Acts 17:22, KJV).

And then, the Greek civilization collapsed.

*No matter how you call yourself, catholic, christian, muslim, jehova, they all serve the one and same god. (exept Boudhisme)
    Your god!
    So take your pick....which one do you hang on to?

Catholics worship Mary, Muslims worship Allah, JWs worship A W Tozer or C T Russell or someone, Biuddhism worships buddha.

Christians are the only ones who worship God.

*You could get rid of your tunnel vision and throw your eyeshields away, for there is alot more to be found in this world then only the bible with its rules and your religion.... *

Of course, there is a lot more to be found in this world than the Bible.
    For each truth, there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of lies.
    Look at what you believe.

*Originally posted by Congratulations
    I feel bad for him because you people dump crap on him so much.

Don't.
    For starters, some of the people here have nowhere else to dump their crap.
    Secondly...

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
    (Matthew 5:12, KJV).

*Originally posted by Banshee
    I too have the right to speak up, just like that.

Sure, but for some reason you don't like it when I do.

*I am getting so very tired of this nonsens in every thread I post.*

Have you ever thought of not posting nonsense?

*And almost every lyric can be written down under a Topic at Sciforums.*

Sounds like it's OK to quote from Pink Floyd, but not from the Bible.
    BTW, before I became a Christian, I really liked PF, and thought I was psychic, too.

21. esp Registered Senior Member

Yep.
    One more quote then since you're ok with it.

By the grace of God almighty,
    And the pressures of the market place,
    the human race has civilized itself....
    It's a miracle.
    (Extreme sarcasm)
    (It's a miracle, Amused to death, Roger Waters).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2001
  22. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Esp, you are wonderful with your quotes of P. Floyd and Roger Waters. I really love it. It is a pity I can't write the whole album down here, for Tony should have a lot of quoting to do then.

Tony, if you really should HAVE something to say...alright.
    But you don't say a thing. You only quote and write a stupid remark. Get a life please...

Moslims call god allah and the catholics have prefered to praise Mary, but it all comes from one and the same god...Tony's god almighty.
    So Tony, do your homework a little better and take another book for instance, in stead of your holy bible...

By the way, you have Internet, look it up by search engine. Or is that demonic.....

Nothing further to add to your adress.

Esp I am getting back to you.

23. Crazy Canuck Registered Member

I would just like to respond to one of the stupid things being spewed about Jehovah Witnesses especially that comment by Tony1. He states the Jehovah Witnesses worship C. T. Russell, when in fact Jehovah is who they worship who by the way is God.