Bah Bah Black Sheep

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The campaign poster was blatant in its xenophobic symbolism: Three white sheep kicking out a black sheep over a caption that read "for more security." The message was not from a fringe force in Switzerland's political scene but from its largest party.

The nationalist Swiss People's Party is proposing a deportation policy that anti-racism campaigners say evokes Nazi-era practices. Under the plan, entire families would be expelled if their children are convicted of a violent crime, drug offenses or benefits fraud.

The party is trying to collect the 100,000 signatures needed to force a referendum on the issue. If approved in a referendum, the law would be the only one of its kind in Europe.

"We believe that parents are responsible for bringing up their children. If they can't do it properly, they will have to bear the consequences," Ueli Maurer, president of the People's Party, told The Associated Press.

Ronnie Bernheim of the Swiss Foundation against Racism and Anti-Semitism said the proposal was similar to the Nazi practice of "Sippenhaft" - or kin liability - whereby relatives of criminals were held responsible for his or her crimes and punished equally.

Similar practices occurred during Stalin's purges in the early days of the Soviet Union and the 1966-76 Cultural Revolution in China, when millions were persecuted for their alleged ideological failings.

"As soon as the first 10 families and their children have been expelled from the country, then things will get better at a stroke," said Maurer, whose party controls the Justice Ministry and shares power in an unwieldy coalition that includes all major parties.

He explained that his party has long campaigned to make deportation compulsory for convicted immigrants rather than an optional and rarely applied punishment.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070901/D8RCI31O0.html

I assume that as a matter of equity, a similar sort of penalty (revocation of citizenship? internal exile?) will be imposed on native Swiss families whose children are convicted of the same crimes.

http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/archives/2007/09/03/disgusting_racism_in_switzerland.php

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

Sounds like a great idea. Let's start with the shit stirring Muslims.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Can't wait to see the first English or French ex-pats get kicked out...
    Oh wait, what colour are they?
    Sippenhaft
    Sippenhaft\
    Sippenhaft\\
    Sippenhaft\\Endlosung.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

Sounds like a good idea to me, it'd put major pressure on whoever does this or is considering to do it...

8. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Sam,

thanks for posting this.

Is it just for immigrants or all Swiss people

~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It got rid of the Jews in a hurry, granted. Not sure what the end result of the Stalinistic purges were though.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Just immigrants of course, be good to see how the secular Swiss vote on this.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are they considered immigrants?

12. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Incredible.
    I look forward to someone saying that you have misunderstood the campaign.
    I hope that you have.

13. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

sAM,

WHATS your opinion on this??

~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

14. I-Am-Invisible sick of it all. Registered Senior Member

here in switzerland, those campaign posters are favorite vandalism targets... the black sheep was dubbed "blocher" (who is member of the svp party and minister of justice, very populist and the joke of swiss politics) because he is accused of being involved in a plot and going beyond his authorisations in context of the resignation of the former chief proscuter valentin roschacher.

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Secular is not the key word when it comes to switzerland, conservative is they are conservative in general. If memory serves they were the last country in western europe to give women the vote.. I-AM-invisible surely knows more than I.

16. I-Am-Invisible sick of it all. Registered Senior Member

i'll have a look into it. didn't bother read what it is all about since i can't vote (yet - just a few months to go...)

but imo it wrong to compare this with hitler and stalin since we're talking about criminal actions not political or ideological inconsitency.

but don't get me wrong. i'm not isupporting this.
    i'm starting to think why bother caring about politics, they're fucked up everywhere, and then again i might be better if i would...

17. CharonZ Registered Senior Member

Of course there will be nothing like that for swiss citizens. It is legally tricky to revoke any kind of citizenship unless the person in question has a dual citizenship. Unfortunately the whole thing has a very easy (and thus for many an appealing) logic: if they got another citizenship we just throw them out and they are not our problem any more.

Even if they grew up in Switzerland and are not able to speak their own native language anymore. What is really strange though, is the kin liability bit. I wouldn't have expected that Swiss law allows to punish those that were not directly involved in a felony.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm so how conservative are they?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

About kicking out criminal elements? The British did that and populated Australia and America (never mind about depopulating the natives); about kicking out immigrants; well the holocaust proved that thousands of years in a place does not mean integration. About combining the two? Looks like yet another round of liberation from the secularists. It would appear that human freedom and equality are fine, only as long as the darkies realise that they haven't yet been admitted into the human race.

Or, as Gandhi said: Western civilisation? Would be a very good idea.

20. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Sounds reasonable to me.

21. I-Am-Invisible sick of it all. Registered Senior Member

so here goes:

according to:admin.ch (The Federal Authorities of the Swiss Confederation) there is nothing mentioned about expelling famillies if children commit crime but i have heard somethig along those lines so i will continue to search...

the text says, that if a foreign person commits crime (namely: murder, voilence, robbery, rape, human trafficking, durg dealing or missusing welfare aid) he can be expelled out of the country and isn't allowed to return for 5-15 years...

i honestly don't really have a problem with that depending of the definition of crime... and it is quite possible that this initiative will come through since the general opinon is: "we don't mind foreigners as long as they follow the rules"
    It's more the PR and the famillies part that i don't like...

e schöne...

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It's certainly not surprising you misunderstood the article and the campaign as you put your own bigoted stamp of hatred on it, sam.

It's got nothing to do with secularism or 'darkies' (shouldn't you get an infraction for saying that?) and everything to do with the deportation of immigrant criminals.

23. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Too bad the U.S. can't adopt this policy w/o the whiny, butt-hurt civil rights activists running their mouths about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.