Bah Bah Black Sheep

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Or not. But if you are a teetotaler what are you doing in a bar?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Having fun with your friends, playing tunes, meeting interesting people, and so forth.

Or starting fights - it's a lot easier to blame a bar than a bus, if you are looking for a blame target.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Doesn't work if you think alcohol is bad for you does it?

No I see that simply banning a minaret will only exacerbate the issue.

A population transfer is less embarassing in the long run.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Haw!

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I thought you disapproved of that at all costs. :shrug:

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not in Europe, where the alternatives are much worse.

Just see the last five years, what has it wrought?

Moahmmed cartoons, Wilders film, ban on minarets and scarves, a third of 7% Muslims [oddly similar to the number of Jews in Palestine circa 1938] discriminated against and rising fear of Muslims expressed as troop concentrations in Muslim countries with hundreds of thousands killed and tortured as proxy to anti-Muslim sentiment at home.

Its not going to get any better, why wait for it to get worse? They are already banning dress, adhan and minarets. What will they ban next? Provocation will only lead to provocation. They've made it pretty clear that Muslims have to be non-Muslims to live in Europe.

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I'd like to see your actual numbers on that discrimination. Anti-semitic acts have usually been more common, frankly. And the cartoons issue was primarily that a handful of less than ethical imams faked a couple to incite riots in the Middle East. In Europe, the serious issue was more the astounding numbers of death threats and intimidation that came in from the threat of their being published. Plus a little diplomatic posturing by Iran et al against Danes. Mostly seems like the militantism is on the other foot.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Oh: the transport bombings in London, the attack in Scotland, Fort Drum, etc, etc. Some of these might even be accessible on the intertubes.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is an EU report on anti-Muslim discrimination, I won't bother to link it. If you're interested, you can check the figures and the breakdown. The one-third figure is the reported one, according to the report such incidents are underrepresented so actual figures may be twice that.

If you put all the bombings together it would not equal one day of the Iraq war.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

? You shifted from Europe to the US, where none of the banning of stuff has been an issue, and then invoked the US launching of the Iraq war as a "proxy" for anti-Muslim sentiment in Europeans?

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No I did not shift, I am referring to European troops in these places.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Then you aren't talking about hundreds of thousands of killed, massive bombings, Iraq, etc.

And you aren't talking about the Swiss, French, or Danes.

And your entire point - that the wars are "proxies" for anti-Muslim sentiment - goes out the window. It would make more sense - not much, but more - to describe the expressions of anti-Muslim sentiment as a proxy for a war they aren't fighting.

Meanwhile, recall the observation that the Swiss here with this minaret issue are merely one of the two pawns in this gambit, one we have seen before, being played by Muslim imperialists. The other pawn is the Muslim immigrant to a European country. Is the goading and manipulation of European and Muslim immigrant social flaws, to set up a symbolic fight for the benefit of these Islamic power seekers,

a well-chosen counter to the military inferiority of their supporting states,

at all a concern of yours?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I am talking about the EU and its participation in the wars, you can allocate the responsibilities as you like but no one has done a thing to stop the wars.

The reluctance to send troops is not out of charity to the victims of war.

And as I said, just transport the Muslims, it is preferable to killing them, even by proxy.

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

It will be interesting to see how the Swiss frame the law, as minarets have all sorts of shapes.
    Will they just ban Muslims from attaching anything tall and thin to their places of worship?

Some are not thin at all, but shaped like castles. Will castles be banned?
    What about turrets and spires, will they be banned too?

What if the Muslims take over a building that already has a thin structure attached.
    Will they be forced to knock it down in case they start praying from it?

This ludicrous law will have so many loopholes that it will make a fool of the Swiss legal system.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Currently the practice is to give permission to pray [with great difficulty] in garages and other such. The constitutional amendment simply bans minarets so they can decide case by case what that entails.

19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, you should have.

Sort of a non-sequitur.

20. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

*Ehem* Since when did we also ban the mosques? Tsk tsk tsk..the londondailynews should do their homework next time before spreading lies.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe its wishful thinking.

22. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

That is bullshit, S.A.M. There are several mosques in Switzerland, and there's NO difficulty being posed for Muslims to pray.

I'm seriously disappointed that you're now even using lies to make the Swiss look worse. *thumbs down*

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Preferable for whom? The instigators of the well-chosen minaret construction movement?

The Islamic strategists who launched this gambit: which benefits them more, transport or occasional massacre? Do they suffer from proxy war, or benefit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.